FarowNES02

That's an awesome idea. Just make sure you're not creating too much work for yourself...

Sounds good desu :O

Yay, my first BT shall be novel! Whoooo~

So, can I still send orders or did I miss the date? I'm sorry I didn't get em in already. I moved recently and I don't have internet any more.

Righto, righto. Doing now.

Great idea, but no one is allowed to complain or try to beg Farow to change the course of the NES. Pessimistic two pence.

@TerrisH: I would be very glad if you replied to my diplo... I have guard duty tomorrow again, and I need to return to base early tonight since I've just slipped back home after yesterday's shift (of which I slept 1 1/2 hours) and I prefer not to be a zombie on Monday. Reply to it asap, if you intend to at all.

@Farow: Great idea! :D

am planing on sending BT orders, but not done, and have to go to work. will send them in in about...12 hours.

Will reply as soon as I get home silver in diplo talk, but short is I will allow them to Leave if they wish instead.

drated work.

Thanks. That's all I was hoping for, anyway. :)

A cradle NES without an overpowering shadow looming over it? A cradle with no danger of bloodthirsty raiders turned conquerers? This must not stand! I will reveal my full intentions for a unique threat after the first BT.

For the greater good of NESing...

A cradle NES without an overpowering shadow looming over it? A cradle with no danger of bloodthirsty raiders turned conquerers? This must not stand! I will reveal my full intentions for a unique threat after the first BT.

For the greater good of NESing...

I do have Taruq. They are a warrior horse culture and still very powerful. However, you will have to wait until after th BT to see what state they are in.

It would be refreshing if Contempt did not join as warmongering nomad horsemen again. Not that I have anything against him, of course. :mischief:

It would be refreshing if Contempt did not join as warmongering nomad horsemen again. Not that I have anything against him, of course. :mischief:

Ah, but there's a difference this time: These are not warmongers looking to conquer, these are devout religous nuts looking to reclaim the World for the 'Greatest Good'.

Like that is going to save me from being annihilated by you again. :p Just start somewhere far away, OK? Preferably in the Huming cradle. :D Sttory coming up.

The realm of Duke Azan II was in a sorry state. He had only just succeeded his father, Azan I, who was fortunate enough to bring an end to the Crusades - as well as falling in the last glorious battle that liberated the besieged city of Ashayl. This made Azan I a hero, and would with time make him a legend. This put a lot of pressure on his son, who strove hard to bring even greater glory to his father's name and the entire ducal line.

Where his father accomplished a great feat, his mission was not as glorious and he did not have allies to rely on for aid. Azan I did, utimately, not only destroy the enemy, but also a lot of his rightful domain as well. Azan II had to rebuild on what was left, and it was clear that his father had not focused on this task that naturally followed the victory over the Bhatoist crusaders. Perhaps the greatest evidence for this was the fact that the capital, the city of Fizcat, was not recaptured at once, but besieged. The result was the total dismantling of the city, followed by the destruction of Fizcastle in the decisive battle.

Now, Azan II had to find a new capital, as well as introduce reforms to revitalize his country. The first one was as easy as it was natural. The provisional government in Rubian was declared no longer provisional, and the city officially named the new capital of Fizcat. Since Rubian also was the center of metal industry as well as the region being the least ravaged by the war, the decision was approved by both the government and the people. The other part was far more complicated, and outlasted his reign.

First of all, the Crusades had cost Fizcat too many lives. Not only was there a shortage on working age males - the genocide and forced exile under Bhato Fizcat had decimated the entire population regardless of sex and age. Azan II therefore tried to attract foreigners, especially Atheists, to Fizcat by issuing an edict and spreading the news all across the Great Sea. All Atheists who worked a patch of land for five years could claim it for themselves. Also, every family with five or more children would receive tax reliefs or even permits.

Secondly, the expected surge of foreign settlers and the culture they would bring with them, the state religion was reviewed. Azan II saw that his predecesors' hard line of non-tolerance against god-worshipping could not continue. It was apparent that this was the very trigger that caused the Crusades, and a continuation of this radical policy would only provoke a similar disaster sooner or later. Therefore, Azan II opened the borders for god-worshippers, and repealed the death sentence for foreign missionaries. The only exception to this was against Bhatoism, a natral decision as the people still remembered the tragedy of the Crusades.

Still with this liberal reform, Azan did not turn his back on Atheism. The belief was the binding glue of his unstable realm, and was the primary link between Fizcatians and foreign Atheists. Therefore, he reorganzed the leadership in the clergy. Along with the completion of the Tower Sanctuary, the Tower became a center of spiritual persuit - and military nexus. Azan II instated the Tower as the head of Fizcatian military, thereby placing it firmly under his rule and integrating it in the politics of Fizcat.

The Tower itself would be split in two groups: the templars and the monks. The templars and their Order was the military half, while the monks with their Way became the spiritual guides of Fizcat. Members of both factions were taught the basics of Atheism, but later specialized in either field, eventually becoming a full member of either the Order of the Way. Leaders of both groups were chosen among the members of the highest echelons of power by the Duke. The Warlock was chosen from the Gauntlet, and the Ascendant from the Freemen.

This introduction of Atheism in the political sphere lent the Duke precious legitimacy as ruler and provided healthy stability in his realm. The Tower also revived the religion, and spread the reaches of Atheism all across the Great Sea and beyond. Scholars were sent to the West to study and bring back knowledge from great nations such as T'lur Pa with their Well of Ages. As relations became more and more stable with these far off nations, trade agreements were made. This surge in foreign exchange greatly boosted the Fizcatian ports. Where once there were only Bhatoists all around, the opening of the Route to the West brought an economic revolution to the wartorn nation.

A lot of changes were introduced under the reign of Azan II, but the effects of this was to exceed his expectations greatly. Although he was only Duke for seven years, his reforms were crucial for the shape of Fizcat centuries after his death. Indeed, his works might be remembered less than the heroic deeds of his father. But the change he made is far more cherished by the people. After all, Fizcat might have dissolved into barbarism and oblivion, were it not for the actions of Azan II...

Quick guys, let's hold Farow to his word that the update will be completed by today! :D

--

Nice story :O

60% done with BT Part 1 and a good chance it will come tonight. I am almost done with the map and half way done writing it.

This is going to be a long process. I am going to streamline this process and make them shorter so that you do not have to wait 3-4 weeks for this BT to end.

Top Bottom