Fascism comes to Brazil (but there's still hope)

Fred, it's important to point out that I am not the only person saying that Lula is behaving like a Fascist (which is very different than saying that Brazil is already a fascist dictatorship, the moronic strawman some moronic posters are using here).

From the top of my head, the following notable have explicitaly and publically used the word "fascist" to classify Lula's actions:

-Miguel Reale Jr (jurist)
-José Carlos Dias (jurist)
-Carlos Velloso (jurist)
-Hélio Bicudo (jurist and one of the founders of Lula's Workers' Party)

Yeah, I disagree from them too - And I have the Utmost respect for Miguel Reale Jr, I did read much from both him and his father in college.

Note that I am not pointing at opposition politicians or media pundits, who used even harsher words.

My point in this thread, that Lula introduced during this campaign a wide range of fascist tactics, is entirely valid. Most posters who got outraged at the term would use precisely that word to describe them if they happened in their homes.

But CFC has become a teenage idiocracy. In another thread a poster was called a fascist for defending just one authoritarian position, by two of the same people who went berserk at my use of the term here.

And I didn't see the Political Terminology Gestapo in that thread, I wonder why.

Anyway, this post is directed at the reasonable people who posted on this thread. I am no longer addressing the idiots.

I can't comment on threads I haven't read; but while there has been quite a lot of heat in this thread, can't you see that you are being somewhat alarmist, my friend?

Regards :).

Yeah, I disagree from them too - And I have the Utmost respect for Miguel Reale Jr, I did read much from both him and his father in college.
I have absoultely no problem with you disagreeing with me or those people I mentioned. But several people on this thread act as if I am a crazy person, a "hysterical" person, for using that word to describe the actions and methods of our President.

Well, some of the brightest jurists on our country have said the same thing, including one of the founders of the Workers' Party, a man with unquestionable left-wing credentials.

It's one thing to disagree with me and all of them, but to indulge in the childish and ******ed mockery that have dominated this thread and that other troll-thread is ridiculous.

Your position has been consistent and defensible all along.

Moderator Action: Flaming.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

It's one thing to disagree with me and all of them, but to indulge in the childish and ******ed mockery that have dominated this thread and that other troll-thread is ridiculous.
I think your thread title pretty much invited the mockery. So it is one thing to disagree with you, but another to stoop down to the level of the thread title. Not being a teenager, I am grateful that your criticsm isn't aimed at me, as now I don't feel so much a need to demand an apology for your thread title upsetting my delicate sensibilities.

I have absoultely no problem with you disagreeing with me or those people I mentioned. But several people on this thread act as if I am a crazy person, a "hysterical" person, for using that word to describe the actions and methods of our President.

Well, some of the brightest jurists on our country have said the same thing, including one of the founders of the Workers' Party, a man with unquestionable left-wing credentials.

Your position has been consistent and defensible all along.

Your OPs invite is with your insistence on demagoguery.

Not much of a tone changer to post #1.

Politics is not a polite sport - here in the states we had someone stomping on someone's head and then demanding an apology from the gal that left a headprint on his shoe. It seems that the elections in Brazil went off fairly tamely, especially by Latin American standards, so it doesn't appear to be in danger of being Banana Republically anytime soon unless a chain of Banana Republics open up down there.

Fascism comes to Brazil
He who fights against communism will receive fashism.

You might want to think about that.

Probably something along the lines of
What this thread should have looked like said:
Oh my God, dear pip! I thought we'd firmly crushed the slithery snake of fascism in the second world war! But blimey! It seems to have reared its ugly head now in the otherwise tranquil nation of Brazil, with full fury! Oh, what, great leader (yes, we've unanimously decided to make you great leader due to your foresight in detecting fascism to help guide us through these troubled times) shall you have us do to help us prevent it?

Top Bottom