FF Team - New Member: notque

Vehem

Modmod Monkey
It just occurred to me that despite welcoming him to the private boards, we hadn't publicly announced that notque had joined the team and is responsible for the improved teching of the AI in the last release, as well as merging in the bug fixes from BetterAI and the Unofficial Patch.

He has done some excellent work on AI for his own mod and is largely concentrating on doing the same for FF at the moment, but we're also interested in merging his work on the Minor Leaders at some point in the future. Lots of potentially great things coming from his direction.

Feel free to direct a share of any credit for future developments in his direction - welcome again notque :goodjob:

Thanks Vehem.

A lot to do, and I'm really enjoying working with the FF team. The teching AI was a very conservative start, and will get much more complicated. It's a good temporary solution until we get to complete flavour rewrites.

I also increased AI mages, and some other minor things in the last patch. You should see more AI magic use.

Glad to be on board, and hope people enjoy the changes.

Fantastic, notque. The work that you did on the Minor Leaders AI is utterly fantastic, so I'll be happy to see it ported over into Fall Further.

(See! I can make a post without mentioning Fall Flat... oh man, there I went again.)

Great move. I love what notque did with the Minor Leaders modmod and I am sure he'll be an asset to the FF team. :goodjob:

Congrats! Good luck on the improving the AI stuff!

Well done notque!
I really like what you have done so far. Waiting to see the same good work in this mod, too! :goodjob:

yaay

now's a good time to ask, how is notque pronounced?

not - q

My nickname is q, and everywhere that I'm not allowed to use 1 char, it extends to notque, notnotque, knotque, notq, or whatever other variation I can think up at the time.

I just read Granny made me an Anarchist where Stuart Christie grew up in Glasgow.

is this serious?! bwahahaha! you guys are truly making our dreams come true :D

thanx notque, you've made the AI a worthy opponent, you fully deserve to be in the FF team ( I can't help but think of the A-team when I say that... oh well :lol: ) . actually, seeing as you wanted to port the minor leaders mod to FF, this seems always natural :goodjob:

[to_xp]Gekko;7903305 said:
( I can't help but think of the A-team when I say that... oh well :lol: ) .

Dibs on Murdock.

not - q

My nickname is q, and everywhere that I'm not allowed to use 1 char, it extends to notque, notnotque, knotque, notq, or whatever other variation I can think up at the time.

I just read Granny made me an Anarchist where Stuart Christie grew up in Glasgow.

Ah, i've been thinking it was not-kway

And I'm in glasgow!

not - q

And here I was thinking that you're Finnish and that's a clever wordplay on 'notkea', a Finnish word meaning supple, lithe and flexible (pronouncing the 'que' part like the Spanish word). :lol:

Welcome to the team!

I've never fully understood how the AI got so good in your Minor Leaders project, though it at least turned me on to installing the DynScript AI, on the assumption you were writing rules based on it, which'd kick in for anyone playing the Minor Leaders stuff.

Maybe I'm to gather that same or additional rules are being stuck into FF patches now (whether it relies on a DL of Dynscript or anything else)?

If there's anything complex people need to do in order to feel the impact of new AI, maybe it deserves explanation outside the "welcome" thread... anyhow, exciting times, again, welcome.

AI work is much appreciated. I recently loaded Orbis and was all like 'wtf I have to build an army on noble?'.

Top Bottom