1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH 2 Manual

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by xienwolf, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Barak

Barak Chieftain

As a neebie, what is the most current version of the manual? Is it automatically updated? I DLed v1 of "shadow"

Thanks

2. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

I continually update the first post to have my latest version, and the version name states which patch of the mod that update happened during. As such, almost all of them are "version 1" since I haven't had time to release more than once per patch.

As for the shadow bit, I need to change the coverpage sometime to something more FfH generic since the phases are done now. :)

3. Bad Player

Bad Player Chieftain

Could you add the constellation events and what each does (some aren't well explained in-game) - I'm not even new and I don't understand them all (eg great people born will be great leaders or psychopaths - what??).

4. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

I haven't had much time for extra work lately, and quite possibly won't until next fall. Haven't even updated the manual the last couple of patches actually. Events are very unlikely to get added to the manual anytime soon unless someone else comes along and dumps a nice and neat compiled list of all the events in our laps and says I am allowed to harvest their work for a new appendix in the manual :)

5. Methuselah

Methuselah Chieftain

Something along the lines of this? :

Event: Aeron's Chosen
    Requires: Control the first assassin to reach level 6.
    Text: Your unit wakes from dreams of blood. Aeron, the god of hate, has chosen your assassin to be his advocate in Erebus.
    Options:
    • Continue - unit is granted the Aeron's Chosen promotion.

6. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

Along those lines, but you should also state how likely the event is to be included in any game, and what the weight is once it does become available.

For the manual I would insist on having all the information or none of it, but if you are wanting to fill things in gradually I would advise posting to the Wiki as ANY infromation on there is an improvement, and it is designed to grow gradually (the reason I insist on all or none in the manual is because if I have 75% then it is hard to decide to go back and fill in the rest, and REALLY hard not to miss 1 or 2 along the way).

7. Methuselah

Methuselah Chieftain

I'll work on it this weekend then. :p

8. PanzerWolf

PanzerWolf Chieftain

Does everyone really want all the events documented? I am a very curious person, so I'd probably read'em all if they were written down, but on the other hand, I love them because they add something random to the game that is unknown (well, at least untill you have played it for quite a while)

9. Bad Player

Bad Player Chieftain

I don't want the events listed, I'd just like to see an explanation of what each constellation does. It's sometimes not explained when it happens!

10. Methuselah

Methuselah Chieftain

Here you go.

11. Thunder_Gr

Thunder_Gr Chieftain

Nice list! Thanks Methuselah! :goodjob:

12. Bad Player

Bad Player Chieftain

Which is the one that says children born will be great leaders or psychopaths plz?

13. Methuselah

Methuselah Chieftain

That would be Aeron.

14. jimi12

jimi12 Half Jedi

Hey Xienwolf! Any news on when you plan on updating the manual?

15. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

Yeah, I found the manual rather usefull.

16. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

Probably when this school year is over and my brother is done getting marries :) Quite busy of late, and there hasn't really been anything SUPER significant, so I haven't felt the kind of urgent pressure which would be needed to fit the manual into my schedule (haven't even maintained the bug tracker for FfH or FF, nor read most of the posts on the boards even...)

17. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko WM junkie

one thing worth mentioning is that the manual says that the Kurios can build 3 cities on tiny sized maps. this is wrong, as they can only build 2 cities on tiny maps. 99% sure about this.

18. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

According to CIV4WorldInfos.xml, both Tiny and Duel maps suffer a -1 to MaxCities, Small and Standard are base value, Large is +1 and Huge is +2. I am going off of that, haven't actually tested personally though.

19. H&K

H&K Chieftain

I must have downloaded this at least ten times. And I know Ive printed it out (at work) twice. and Ive never thought to say Thanks.

Thanks.

20. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage HONK honk HONK honk

This manual is extremely usefull, so thank you
    You have helped a noob like me to not lose instantly