FfH 2 Manual

As a neebie, what is the most current version of the manual? Is it automatically updated? I DLed v1 of "shadow"

Thanks

I continually update the first post to have my latest version, and the version name states which patch of the mod that update happened during. As such, almost all of them are "version 1" since I haven't had time to release more than once per patch.

As for the shadow bit, I need to change the coverpage sometime to something more FfH generic since the phases are done now. :)

I haven't had much time for extra work lately, and quite possibly won't until next fall. Haven't even updated the manual the last couple of patches actually. Events are very unlikely to get added to the manual anytime soon unless someone else comes along and dumps a nice and neat compiled list of all the events in our laps and says I am allowed to harvest their work for a new appendix in the manual :)

I haven't had much time for extra work lately, and quite possibly won't until next fall. Haven't even updated the manual the last couple of patches actually. Events are very unlikely to get added to the manual anytime soon unless someone else comes along and dumps a nice and neat compiled list of all the events in our laps and says I am allowed to harvest their work for a new appendix in the manual :)

Something along the lines of this? :

Event: Aeron's Chosen
Requires: Control the first assassin to reach level 6.
Text: Your unit wakes from dreams of blood. Aeron, the god of hate, has chosen your assassin to be his advocate in Erebus.
Options:
  • Continue - unit is granted the Aeron's Chosen promotion.

Along those lines, but you should also state how likely the event is to be included in any game, and what the weight is once it does become available.

For the manual I would insist on having all the information or none of it, but if you are wanting to fill things in gradually I would advise posting to the Wiki as ANY infromation on there is an improvement, and it is designed to grow gradually (the reason I insist on all or none in the manual is because if I have 75% then it is hard to decide to go back and fill in the rest, and REALLY hard not to miss 1 or 2 along the way).

Along those lines, but you should also state how likely the event is to be included in any game, and what the weight is once it does become available.

For the manual I would insist on having all the information or none of it, but if you are wanting to fill things in gradually I would advise posting to the Wiki as ANY infromation on there is an improvement, and it is designed to grow gradually (the reason I insist on all or none in the manual is because if I have 75% then it is hard to decide to go back and fill in the rest, and REALLY hard not to miss 1 or 2 along the way).

I'll work on it this weekend then. :p

Does everyone really want all the events documented? I am a very curious person, so I'd probably read'em all if they were written down, but on the other hand, I love them because they add something random to the game that is unknown (well, at least untill you have played it for quite a while)

I don't want the events listed, I'd just like to see an explanation of what each constellation does. It's sometimes not explained when it happens!

Here you go.

Aeron will raise the AC by 3.
Agares will allow Ashen Veil civs to start a golden age.
Amathon offers good civs the ability to buy a great prophet, or gain some beakers towards their research goal.
Arawn has no effect I believe.
Bhall will warm some squares up temporarily (snow to tundra, tundra to grass, grass to plains, plains to desert.)
Camulos will give a -1 diplomacy modifier with other players.
Ceridwen offers evil civs the ability to buy a great prophet, or gain some beakers towards their research goal.
Cernunnos will allow FoL civs to start a golden age.
Dagda will give a +1 diplomacy modifier with other players.
Danalin will allow OO civs to start a golden age.
Esus will allow CoE civs to start a golden age (and raise the crime rate.)
Junil will allow Order civs to start a golden age.
Kilmorph will allow RoK civs to start a golden age.
Lugus will allow Empyrean civs to start a golden age (and lower the crime rate.)
Mammon gives you 40 gold.
Mulcarn will cool some squares temporarily (desert to plains, plains to tundra, grass to tundra, tundra to snow) and allow Illians to start a golden age.
Nantosuelta has no effect I believe.
Oghma gives you some beakers towards your research goal (25% of the cost.)
Sirona will lower the AC by 3.
Sucellus will heal units.
Tali will put out any smoke/fires.

Probably when this school year is over and my brother is done getting marries :) Quite busy of late, and there hasn't really been anything SUPER significant, so I haven't felt the kind of urgent pressure which would be needed to fit the manual into my schedule (haven't even maintained the bug tracker for FfH or FF, nor read most of the posts on the boards even...)

one thing worth mentioning is that the manual says that the Kurios can build 3 cities on tiny sized maps. this is wrong, as they can only build 2 cities on tiny maps. 99% sure about this.

I must have downloaded this at least ten times. And I know Ive printed it out (at work) twice. and Ive never thought to say Thanks.

Thanks.

This manual is extremely usefull, so thank you
You have helped a noob like me to not lose instantly

Top Bottom