FfH 2 Manual

Orange, I didn't get your new write-up into this version, but I don't think I'll get another chance to work on this anytime too soon, and I know that when I DO get another chance I will be releasing ASAP since I didn't have the latest DLL sourcecode to add any relevant changes found in there. Quite a few small cosmetic issues I cleaned up after placing all the bookmarks as well which will be in the next version.

Right now, no new material except that all the minor leaders are listed. Portrait, Traits, and what Scenario/Civilization they are in is all that is listed for each of them. I have only played 2 Scenarios myself, so even if I wanted to give spoilers, I can't really (unless just knowing they are in a scenario winds up being a spoiler, but I doubt that will happen)

Unfortunately the extra images have pushed me over the 10K size once again, so I have to upload the manual off-site. For the time being that is RapidShare, but when I talk with Vehem again I'll request permission to host it through the webspace that Fall Further uses for releases. Should be a tad faster there.

I can host it here at CivFanatics if you email it to me. You should have my email address, but if you need it just let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Ok, new initial write-up is updated in the manual. Couple questions: You said Scenarios need to click on the button to the RIGHT of the name to launch them, pretty sure it was to the left.

Also, in your final synopsis, you have replaced Lairs with Guilds, but the Guilds were removed and the Lairs enhanced at about the same time, so I'm going to leave that one as is ;)

EDIT: Won't be able to take you up on the offer Kael, my email client ALSO has a 10 MB limitation :) I'm pretty sure I can upload on Vehem's site though, just hadn't finished up a new version yet.

Yes, if you can point me at any particular sections in need of updating that would be helpful. Mostly I just search the document for specific names of things which changed and rarely does that result in a hit in the strategy sections which I pause to properly update :(

2nd Paragraph for Amurites describes their world spell as reseting mana nodes.
3rd Paragraph Balseraph, speaking of Harlequins & Druids getting spells (Harlequins now have taunt instead of adept spells)
Bannor archer units also start with guardsman, not just melee.
3rd Paragraph for the Elohim mentions moving if you see the Broken Sepulchur; now that might as well reference the Guardian of Pristin Pass.

I think that's all. :)

Just thought I'd say thanks a lot to the creators of this manual. It's incredibly useful and helpful for someone new to the mod like myself. :)

I got a bit smarter about how I construct the manual now. Instead of placing all the bookmarks manually, I realized I can just replace all the pages in the old manual with those in the new manual (so long as I keep the same pagination of course, which for now I have).

Odd thing though, this one wound up being considerably smaller than the previous one, so it fits under the 10MB limit here :) Yipee!

So anyway, latest is up now, minor changes from Patch L are all included.

I realized I never did go through all of the art assets from 040 release and compare them to the previous release and ensure no buttons have changed on me. If you notice a picture which isn't right, let me know.

awesome, good job xienwolf. only issue I've found is that the new players' guide claims that the amurite worldspell reverts mana nodes back to raw mana.

I blame orangelex :p

Honestly I hadn't noticed that he mentioned their spell when I was updating to his latest. Only just fixed where I said that myself in the Amurite walkthrough after Nikis pointed it out for me.

Fixed that for now, and I'll try to remember to check it in more detail when I have free time to ensure that it warns players what has happened when Stasis or Arcane Lacuna hit you.

Under Basium's entry, it should say:

"Mercurian Civilization loses its Leader Traits upon Death of Basium"

Not

"Mercurian Civilization loses it's Leader Traits upon Death of Basium"

The civ strategies need rewriting as well, they refer to old information now.

The spiderkin unit is missing. I know it can only be summoned through wonder and all, but it should still be mentioned. There is a link to it in the wonder description, but it doesn't go anywhere.

In the current FFH 2L Manual whenever you click on a bookmark it reverts the page to "Fit Width" making it fill the screen. I normally read the manual in "Fit Page" so I can scroll it easier. So this behaviour is quite annoying. Is there a way to disable this? It never occurred in any previous manual. Before, they just obeyed whatever I set my page format to.

I use Foxit Reader 2.2

Thanks.

Edit: It seems in previous manuals, clicking on a bookmark reverts back to "Fit Page" so I just never noticed it before. Thus previously if you preferred to read in "Actual Size" it would revert always to "Fit Page" and annoy those users. Is this a bug in the manual, or just Foxit Reader being annoying?

Edit 2: Further checking I have established that the manual obeyed page format settings in version v1.93. In version v1.94b and 2.034g v1 it has the annoying behaviour. So it is definitely a bug with bookmarking in the recent manual versions.

It must be due to my new method of page replacement, probably sets the bookmarks all to force whatever style I was viewing last (I swap often). I just won't use that method anymore (though it WAS nice to be so much quicker marking things...)

Does anyone know of an "Official" image for Ice Phase? I don't recall there ever being one mentioned. Hadn't dawned on me actually that it should be changed, but it ought to have.

As for Civ Strategies: Submissions are welcome. I've been tied up with code writting lately so haven't had the time not write them up myself, not that I have played at all in long enough that my strategies are all now useless...

Spiderkin DID exist in the manual, I just never attached the marker to him so that the links would actually work. Will be fixed along with Basium's info post in the next release.

Well instead of using an Ice stage picture, you could try and use something more general. It is the final version of FfH2 after all.

Top Bottom