1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[FfH II Art Team Blog]

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by seZereth, May 19, 2007.

1. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

No, he means Maar Nasai. Seeing as that's it's name in Kohan 2, which has nothing to do with Erebus. :p

2. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Well, look at it this way. Not only will the Maar Nasai be useful as animations for the Lamia unit, but they can be used fully as the Colubra (barbarian? shieam gate-summon?) unit ^_^

incidentally I have my own reasons for Inciting a large-scale war between the Mazatl and the Colubra. So perhaps the Colubra could find locales in either the Cualli or the Bezeri, if the barbarians or the planar gates don't want them.

3. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Emperor

...OK, I'm sure I'm not the only guy thinking it, but I gotta say it. Why do the clearly non-mammalian Maar Nasai have breasts?

:hide:

Now that that's out of my system, I'm looking forward to the more... mammalian Lamias getting some animations so they can finally be put in the game. Gotta love the sheer diversity of the Kuriotates.

4. Valkrionn

I would say a Gate summon.

The Bezeri would have nothing to do with them... Cualli I don't think would either, but it's more debatable.

5. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I was thinking Calubrae as Planar Gate Summons too at first, but then I remembered that the gate summons are supposed to be symbolic of the 7 deadly sins and that adding an 8th units would mess up that symbolism.

They would however make an excellent Big Bad result of lair exploration.

6. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

Really? I didn't know that. That's pretty cool, but what are they each? The only ones I can think of immediatly are the Succubus for lust, and the Tar Demon for sloth.

7. Valkrionn

Personally, I don't particularly care that they're the deadly sins; Currently it's a weak mechanic, boosting it is worthwhile. Particularly if you can do so with a unit that would be thematically appropriate.

8. MagisterCultuum

Hmmm...I wonder if Calubrae might fit in the Greed spot better than Chaos Marauders. Both creatures are known to serve as mercenaries, but Chaos Marauders were created by the same god as made the Avatar of Wrath.

What would people think of removing the Minotaurs (or making them lair exploration results), and adding Colubrae? While bulls may be rather angry beasts, this unit's defensive nature does not really fit Wrath that well imho.

Alternately, what would people think of replacing Chaos Marauders with Colubrae and making Chaos Marauders just be a Chaos II summon? (They would of course be Crazed, Enraged, and maybe have Burning Blood or even just be summoned as barbarian units to begin with.)

9. Azhral

Azhral Let's get Tactical!

Rather than giving them Burning Blood (which includes a bunch of stat boosts not really applicable to the Mauraders) how about just make them turn Barb after 1 turn. Although a permanent summon that turns barb would just be too powerful. Think of the Clan with a bunch of mages casting that every turn! Perhaps make it a wonder-only summon?

10. MagisterCultuum

Making them turn barbarian after 1 turn would be a bit tricky, as units don't have a pythonPerTurn field like promotions do. I could make up a new promotion with a 100% chance (or less) of turning them barbarian though.

Making them permanent summons also has the problem of having them immobile for the rest of that turn, which just doesn't seem right. In my version I recently changed the spell to work though python to stop that, but it might be better to instead make them gain duration from combat like Pit Beasts and Hosts of the Einherjar do, and also make combat give them a promotion that turns them barbarian. I think i considered that before, but decided not to specifically because the promotion from combat would also apply to the planar gate units. If Colubrae replace them there i wouldn't have that problem.

I might have to increase the prereq for Columbrae though, as they sound like more powerful begins. I'm thinking essentially mutated Champions with poison damage and Channeling I & II. (In my version that would mean they can learn magic but don't get free spellspheres based on mana as they are Melee instead of Arcane.)

We seem to be getting away from art again, don't we?

11. esvath

esvath Apprentice of Erebus

There is nothing we can do until Maar Nasai is finished and Lamia is animated but idle chatter, so go on with it. I don't mind (don't know about others though :lol:)

12. kumquatelvis

kumquatelvis Prince

Maybe minotaurs could be created by a labyrinth wonder? Although I think we've wandered off topic for an art thread. So art wise - I hope that animation idea works; the Lamia would be a cool addition.

13. Jenaelha

Jenaelha fields of Elanor

Like the gargoyles Gaurdians of the Pass you could have the minotaurs in the Labyrinth of Knossos (sp?).

14. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

15. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

16. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

No joy with the Lamia files yet, but the Maar Nasai files are released - see Kohan II conversions link in my signature.

17. Valkrionn

To reiterate - I love you. :love:

18. esvath

Ooooh yesssss.... she slithersssss!

19. MagisterCultuum

I just added the Colubra unit to my modmod using Maar Nasai graphics. Wile the unit looks great, its sword is pink, its pedia won't show up, and I cannot give it orders except with the numpad as their commands don't show up.

20. esvath

@ Magister :
    Using nifscope, change the sword texture into MaarNasaiBaseGreen.dds (just that, without path to the dds). It won't be pink anymore.

Why the unit is not showed up in pedia, I don't know. Have to modmod her (it?) first :)

Edit : here is the edited nif.

Attached Files: