1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[FfH II Art Team Blog]

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by seZereth, May 19, 2007.

1. esvath

esvath Apprentice of Erebus

I did almost nothing. WarKirby already prepared the skins, all I do was put them into dds and reskin the model.

The autumn druid is the "regular" druid created by WarKirby, IMHO. If you'd like another type of druid for Lanun, you might use my Enchantress reskin :mischief: She fits Lanun nicely :lol:

2. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

You just want more BOOBIES :D in the mod =) (ya now the birds)!!!

3. esvath

Sssshhh... don't let my wife hears you. She already pouts when I play FfH too much :D

4. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

I think the Spring Druid would make a better summer druid, the summer druid a better spring druid

5. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

I certainly don't mind, feel free. But you've got a horrible grasp of colour :lol:
    Try swapping the hairs around on summer and spring, I think. The blonde hair was never meant to go with the yellow robe, there's zero contrast. I never tested the other colours ingame, but seeing those screenshots now, the green robe is a lot lighter and more faded than I intended. I'd suggest darkening it and upping the saturation a fair bit
    I fixed this in FF, by switching her .kfm from maceman, to lightswordsman. Not sure what people were thinking doing her as maceman in the first place.

The lightswordsman kfm looks far better, the arms hang loosely at the side, the attack animations are one-handed, and it gets rid of the silly chain swing noise on every attack, too.

6. esvath

Really? I guess I didn't understand mother Nature and her coloring well, then :lol:

I fixed Losha by using a new nif :lol:

7. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

Kael didn't pput it in yet, did he?

Losha's current nif really is fine. The bowed arms problem is entirely caused by the fact she's using animations designed for a burly male soldier, when she's anything but.

The lightswordsman.kfm is currently in use by assassins, so you can see what the animations look like there. If you just copy the kfm line from the assassin artdefine, into losha's one, she looks 10 times better, moves more convincingly, and no longer has silly sounds.

8. Jenaelha

Jenaelha fields of Elanor

I always thought that was intentional because it gave me the creeps. It is funny to find out she's a brute in a womans body.

9. esvath

Nope. She is just a modification from Calabim Mage. I add ... (what is it called in English? upper-cloak?) like the Vampire Lord. Not sure whether she looks different enough from the Mage.

Kael also has not add Elohim Archmage yet. I wonder what is wrong with her. I think, rather than upgrade Elohim Mage into a bald-old man, she is definetely better. :lol:

EDIT : here is a good collection of desert (berber) units by Bakuel. Some might go to Malakim :)

10. Jenaelha

The Sheim, Sidar and Elohim Archmages are just the default while their adept are really nice. Cries out for a cool Archmage instead.

11. esvath

Well, I already reskinned Elohim Archmage, Sidar Mage and Sidar Archmage. Just in case Kael missed these units, here they are (spoilers for you who already saw them :lol:)

Spoiler :

And I also reskinned Infernal and Hippus arcane line. Go click my sig link :mischief:

12. Jenaelha

There you go!

13. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

I wrote some of my own thoughts onto the Hippus and Infernal Arcane lines ... although I am very appreciative that we have Storm-Rider graphics for if/when people wish to integrate that as well.

14. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Have a question: Anyone willing to reskin the gorilla into a Yeti unit? :please:

15. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

I am nearly done with porting the Maar Nasai unit from Kohan 2. It is basically a sort of cobra-woman with a sword:

It was suggested that the animations might be useful for the Lamia unit. Does anyone have the files for the Lamia unit mesh shown in this post?

Spoiler :

If someone can upload the files, I would like to try out rigging the Lamia mesh to the Maar Nasai animations. I don't know much FFH2 lore, but I understand that the Lamia are meant to be arcane units. In order to create a suitable attack animation I can either use the melee attack without the sword, or the original unit has a casting animation as well.

Attached Files:

16. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

those snake thingies are seriously awesome.

17. esvath

Hip, hip hurray! Hip, hip hurray!

Kael, seZ, anyone with Lamia nif, please, please send the nif to Deliverator asap! It's life-and-death situation we got here (at least, life-and-death for the Lamias -or Lamiae?)

@ Deliverator,
    If you could add the attack animation with the Lamia casting a spell and sparkling-thingy effect, it would be great, IMHO.

18. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I love you. :love:

19. cfkane

cfkane Emperor

Schweeeeeeet!

20. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Maar Nasai? Don't you mean Colubra?