FfH trivia game thread

Well, it was "Hall" not "Halls," but close enough.

I have a pretty good guess for your question, but I'm not supposed to answer again so soon.

According to Svart? A dagger in one of their hands and the other one's ribcage. That is how they define close, right? ;p

For an actual guess (non-researched): Co-conspirators (or more generally: Share a secret)

Nope. Though you're on the right track. Its (in their opinion) the only truly honest relationship, though it is a bit one sided.

May I venture to say I think they start with the same first 2 letters? Not saying what they are though.

Not the 2 letters I was thinking of. I'm thinking of something a little more natural, and more lethal. Nature doesn't show mercy my taking captives, all the wild creatures want is to kill you personally or let someone else do it, and them eat your remains.

(Of course, I didn't ask the question, and am just guessing. I would have answered but that would be against the rules since I asked the one before this one.)

Nothing has been correct so far, though some are very close. The answer lies in the pedia entry for the building the "bonding" usually occurs in.

Dungeon Civlopedia Entry said:
Tears and Blood

No simple bond between man and wife
Is close to what we together share
Parents, children, friends for life
Those relationships don't compare
For what we have is even more rare
You, my victim, held by chains
And I, with knives, who brings you pain

Never more honest than when with me
You will betray those other loves
Faithful, focused you will be
Your trembling lips will kiss my glove
As if I am your god above
We will share what you hold dear
Those hidden thoughts only I will hear

As lovers joined in rapt delight
So we will be upon my boards
But where their devotion lasts a night
My pains will keep you bound for more
More fierce than any common whore
The world will slip away from us
For torture is more intense than lust

When finally our dance is through
And you have shown your heart to me
A yearning will return to you
A desire to inflict misery
To return to our sweet fantasy
For all else is subdued by suffering
Tears and blood are true intimacy

- A Svartalfar torturers rhyme

Could make Perpentarch proud to know that the Svartalfar share his love of lingo ;p

So Torturer and Victim would be the answer.

My question: Precisely what object IS the Altar of the Luonnotar? Why do they hold it to be so special?

Is it something along the lines of where the one stood when he created the world?

I though it was when he last entered creation, before Agares corrupted it to the point here his presence would destroy it. (Did the one create the world at all? I was under the impression that he created the true heaven and then his angels made creation.) That is the Luonnatar version of the story at least, although different religions have tried to come up with different reasons for why it is so powerful.

(sorry for throwing you off Kol. 7. Predator and Prey was my guess, but it wasn't my question)

That is why I said the "true" correct answer is when he reviewed the world, not created it :)

After the 21 first angels made creation, the One came into creation to review it and found it suitable (this was before the fall of Agares and the entrance of evil). The stone he stood on was later found and held as the most sacred artifact of the luonnotar. It is the Altar of the Luonnotar.

*snatches question opportunistically*

This one might have been asked before, but meh. What three Gods/Angels (depending on your view of them) do the three dragons that appear in FFH currently correspond to?

Bonus question. Just what exactly is a Kikijub?

Top Bottom