FfH2 0.30 Balance Issues

Would be nic efor the AI. But will have to re-balance Industrious trait (the 50% off upgrade prices one). I think it is well worth doing though.

I think you mean the Ingenuity trait. :)

BTW, I never had it, but what are upgrade costs if you are playing a civ with Ingenuity and build the Guild of Hammers?

Are they Zero or 25%?

Lanun cannot build their UU Champions on maps with no water. Seems a bit unfair and unbalancing to me...

That and their champions are 1 strength lower than all others. boarding parties should be made to not replace anything and give lanun real champions.

Would getting rid of the Boarding Parties as a unit altogether and making the Lanun Harbor give a free Boarding promotion to all melee units be too much?

Lanun do still have their old Maceman unit in the World Editor...

The Lanun have a devastating world spell, +1 food from a common type of square, a happiness resource only they can see, an insanely good worker improvement that only they can build, and a leader with great traits (Hannah).

They can cry me a river about having a nerfed version of one unit, even if it is an important one.

No, its just that their melee line is seriously unbalanced if they can't even build Champions because they need Harbours, which can be difficult to build on maps with low water amounts.

Many people have reported Loki deaths lately. I would propose the following to keep him as functional as intended:

Make him INVISIBLE_LAND or even set the <BInvisible> tag so that very few units can even see him to make an attack.

Grant him Immortality, or at least the Immortal promotion so that you can have 1 "do over" if something goes amiss.

Loki is only killable if he is in a city you are at peace with, and is attacked by a hidden nationality unit (or one of your own cities by any unit you are at war with). Anywhere else, he is impossible to kill. He can even escape across water :)

I think he is fine as he is. The AI uses him for scouting a lot -- and for that, he is unkillable. Making him invisible would not be good. Granting him immortality... Maybe, only if he only gets the promotion once (when created). That is, the second time, he stays dead.

Hmm. Didn't think of that. So should Loki be immune to first strikes?

That would far work better than an immortality work-around. And if I remember correctly there was one promotion which allowed you to even withdraw from within a city... I can't recall which one though, I just remember bug reports about people who had that promotion causing everyone in the city to withdraw with them.

Loki is a building you build twice, for +xp.

Anything else he can do an adept is cheaper.

-1 happy to ONE enemy city SOMETIMES? Pointless.

"Stealing" new AI cities? Who wants them? To the AI, a settler is nothing - so you're not hurting anyone by frying that crappy 1 pop on your border.

The noise is so annoying ("whoa, who's in rebellion?!"), I'd rather he die quickly so I can build the national wonder. Most games as Balseraph, I don't bother to build him.

Bringing this over from another thread:

Something needs to be done about the Grigori tech tree. Namely, Honor and Deception. There is honestly no good reason for the Grigori to be able to research these techs, and allowing them to found Empyrean/Council of Esus essentially kills those religions, especially CoE which becomes virtually unspreadable if the Grigori found it.

My recommendation (and what I did in my personal modmod) is this: Move Overcouncil and Undercouncil membership (not founding) to Way of the Wise/Wicked, and move Defensived Pacts to Military Strategy. With those two changes, the Grigori can safely be banned from researching Honor and Deception, thereby preventing them from killing those two religions. They lose out on the Trojan Horse, but it's not a unit that really makes sense for them/is useful for them anyway.

Also, moving council membership to Way of the Wise and Way of the Wicked makes it much harder for the council founder to dominate the council, since there is much less of a chance you will be the only member when you found the council.

Lastly, although this is more of a nuisance and less game-breaking, it would be nice if the Grigori didn't have to research an expensive and completely useless tech (Theology) in order to be able to research the tech for Immortals, which are quite a necessary unit for them (Immortal-Adventurers ~are~ your late game military in many cases).

Fire sorcery spells are too overpowered, and meteor storm need some nerfing for sure.

I agree completely. I think that fire spells work well for collateral damage. Reducing city defenses should be a different spell sphere; Earthquake seems appropriate.

What I would love to see:

Air: Collateral Damage
Earth: Reduce Defensive Bonuses (Bombard)
Fire: Large Continued Damage for Short Time (Promotion: On Fire, 50% chance to wear off per turn, causes -25% healing rate. Applied to entire stack on attacking.
Water: Temporary Strength Reduction (Promotion: Waterlogged, 50% chance to wear off per turn, causes -1 Strength. Applied to entire stack on attacking.

And then allow each of the Elemental spheres to have a "Ball" attack at sorcery 2.

Top Bottom