1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.30 Balance Issues

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Are Assassins really supposed to target (and destroy) dropped equipment? This kinda ruins the assassins job at killing damaged units in the city if you want to capture the equipment after taking over the city. Since if you wanna keep it, you have to stop attacking with the assassins.

2. Breunor

Breunor Deity

I installed Bhruic's patch before I installed FfH and it works fine. I don"t know how it would work the other way.

Best wishes,

Breunor

3. jenks

jenks Prince

Dwarven smithy (- 1 healthy, +10% hammers, +10% hammers with copper, +10% hammers with iron, +10% hammers with mithril)

vs

Forge (standard) (- 1 healthy, +25% hammers, +1 happy from gold, removes the 'rusted' promotion)

The smithy which replaces the forge has neither the 'Removes rust' nor '+1 Happy from gold' bonuses at the same cost as the normal forge (250 hammers, - 1 health)

This makes the dwarves at a disadvantage (most of the time - unless player has all metal resources) on a building where you would expect them to be assisted.

suggestion
    - dwarven smithy adds +1 happy to gold, removes rust, cost 300 (from 250 hammers)

4. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

Both smithies were originally only 10% prod. bonus, so since the normal one has been changed, the dwarven should reflect this change too.

you can't do it that way, Bhruic's .dll is not loaded with FFH which has its own dll.

5. westamastaflash

westamastaflash Lord Commander

I agree w/ you, see my prior post. It really needs fixed, unless there's another mechanic that gives the overcouncil a great advantage (which I haven't really seen...)

6. westamastaflash

But CoE doesn't get Inquisitors. On big maps, Inquisitors are a MUST for a religious victory, since populations follow each religion in a city in an euqal percentage.

7. overdark

overdark Chieftain

There's two glaring issues I've noticed playing multiplayer games:

1) the AI absolutely cannot deal with raging barbs. On a huge custom continents, 4 teams of 3 each, half the AI's die to barbs.

2) 1-tile and small islands. This is the most glaring. I just finished up a game with the same settings as above - 4 teams of 3, custom continents (1 per team), and 6 of the AI's started on 1-tile islands and never placed their settlers. One AI started on a 2-tile island and never placed a settler. Is there a mod or a way it can be coded so that settlers do not appear on small islands? It's pretty ridiculous and aggravating at the same time, playing up through turn 2-400 and finding out one who team is just standing around on 1-tile islands without ever placing a settler.

8. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

Yeah, I stopped turning on Raging Barbs from FFH2 0.21, because the AI evidently performs worse with it (it doesn't necessarily die to barbs, but it does perform worse). Plus it was mind numbingly borning for me too to deal with all those barbarians.

9. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

The Slave Trade should have a limit to how many slaves you can buy per turn. As it is now it's so powerful it's almost game breaking. Even the limit per turn would still make it very powerful, unless it's a VERY low limit (3 or below).

10. Kentarion

Kentarion Chieftain

Chalid Astrakein is one strong hero - both melee, magic (summoning) + fire damage.

Now, i like his style, but for some reason i don't get to it why the +to Fire is increasing/decreasing sometimes (?)

played with a friend he got >40 +fire dmg

maybe its a bug, if not, it's to powerful.

11. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

In general, the AI doesn't build enough units, doesn't always build enough workers and doesn't deal with forest/jungle at all well.

12. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

Slaves should be more expensive to buy, say 50 gold, and also more expensive to sell (Why would I want to sell them for 5 gold? It is so humiliating cheap I'd rather disband them :) )

13. westamastaflash

Slaves should change so they give, say, slightly more hammers than the equivalent cost for gold rushing the building. Since they can't rush units, perhaps they should be able to rush buildings in 3/4 the time as standard gold rushing?

14. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

I agree about forest/jungle.
    Have you tried playing with agressive ai on, though? I see lots of units.

15. beorn

beorn Prince

In solo games, it seems like an exploit to trade your religion tech. This leads to massive and easy spread of your religion, and you get a tech in return!

16. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Yeah I figure they shouldn't be tradeable (except Honor and Deception perhaps). Might slow down the spread of the early religions too.

17. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

A lot times the greedy AI Civs won't give you their religious tech but they sure want yours.

18. Brokenbone

Brokenbone Prince

Concur with a couple of posters re: how the slave trade works. Turning 10 gold into 10 hammers for rushing buildings is a great & unlimited bargain. Same with deciding you need to spruce up your empire, buy dozens of slaves and automate them... again, too cheap NOT to squeeze every last bit of use out of the function.

Maybe some restrictions like raising cost, limiting how many per turn can be purchased, or even having a civic requirement (like slavery running?) would help.

19. ZhugeTien

ZhugeTien Enlightened Despot

I find myself wondering what happened to elven workers. In pre-BtS games, they were able to build most improvements in forests and ancient forests, but mines still required clearcutting and the bronzeworking tech, and jungles still had to be cleared with sanitation. Now, Elven workers can build mines in forested squares and can build freely in jungle squares, though it seems they are unable to clear jungle even with the necessary Sanitation tech. The game would play a whole lot better and be more balanced if a way could be found to recode the elven workers to function as they did in Fire.
    Just my thoughts on it.

20. puldzian

puldzian Chieftain

any chance for more reagents?
    i've never seen them in my game (in ffh since 0.23)...