FfH2 0.33 Bug Thread

I'm able to take sylvians perfekt lyre from the calabim city. (note: I only have open borders and not an alliance, and my beast is of course AV)
Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

The second bug might be intended/ streak of bad luck, but I report it anyway:
In earlier versions you were supposed to get manes if you sacrifice units on a demon altar (at least I think it was so) however i got not a single mane while sacrificing ~15 units.

I had my first CtD. Turn 132 and only 3 cities. I re-loaded from a recent autosave and saved before end of turn, and it crashed again. On another reload it worked for one more turn then crashed. I am only on 2.033a so I will try again after updating to patch b. Hopefully the save file will be attached.

-Dan

View attachment Dan AD-0132.CivBeyondSwordSave

Update: The B patch seems to have fixed the problem [No]. I played for 3 turns twice more from the save file and no crash...

Update to Update: Third time was the charm. CtD on advancing to the next turn on patch b. Must be some random item (I have reset random on reload set). I have a full crash dump somewhere if needed.

More update: Load 4 and 5 on patch b also crashed, load 6 looked okay up to turn 144 before crashing.

Another problem with Balseraphs. Units requiring a Training Yard (Mimic, Swordsman) cannot be built with the Arena, which is supposed to be an equivalent. (If you use Worldbuilder to add a Training Yard, all is well.)

Also, Loki's puppet did not have its special spell.

Hi, I've been playing FfH since 0.32 but never found a bug (at least, never found a bug before anyone else did). So, it is an honour to post here :lol:

FfH 0.33 (no patch) : playing as Sidar, Living World, No Tech Brokering, so far meeting Svart, Clans, Koun (as Clans), Malakim, Khazad, Calabim, Ljos, Elohim.

Bugs (or feature?):
#1.
Acheron was kicked out from his city peacefully by the Clans (the real one, not Koun). The city now under the Clans and the big-red-Dragon just sitting there. He didn't even try to attack my unit passing near by. He breathe fire regularly though, turning the dense jungle into sea of fire (nice fire graphic, btw)

#2.
I have an open border agreement with the Clans. So, I enter the city with my unit and... I can cast take The Dragon's Hoard! I take it and put it away in my city. Instant Gold and Gems for me! (I'm sure this is a bug... Chip56 mentioned a similar case with the Lyre)

#3.
Faeryl cast her world spell. But every time her HN units attack my unit, I got a combat text saying that "Your Scout was destroyed by a Svartalfar Archer."
The same happened when Ljos Privateer destroyed my ship. Still didn't cause war, though. Is it intentional for a HN unit reveals its owner? A little bit weird, I think.

Sorry, I can't attach the save game now. If it is needed, I can send it next time. Thanks, guys. You are really awesome! :goodjob:

Another problem with Balseraphs. Units requiring a Training Yard (Mimic, Swordsman) cannot be built with the Arena, which is supposed to be an equivalent. (If you use Worldbuilder to add a Training Yard, all is well.)

I've been able to build Mimics with an Arena with no problems.
I think there is something messed up with Freak Shows now. I no longer seem to be able to use slaves to add to freak shows for more culture.
Possibly because just make slaves with no racial affiiliation? Haven't tried this with slaves captured from slavery civic, just taskmasters.

@ Xienwolf: I read something different (by kael?) in one of the threads in the runup to 0.33. with Loki's should be puppets getting a spell granting them just that abilities.
I don't know which is worse though. His Puppets having that ability + able to enter rivals borders or beeing able to attack.

Both is rather serious stuff for Kyleen and makes Loki a whole lot better. Even if the lack of mutation hurts. But the Freaks deserve their place... :)

I don't know if it's a bug or intended, but the Elohim can't build units that normaly need the buildings the Doviello can't build in conquered Doviello citys.
(i.e. Axemen, Champions)

Patch(a) Units with Immortality when promoted were generated the old unit back in the city with blood of the phoenix, as if they were killed. Particulary mage promotions(quite a loop of mages) but also things like tigers creating cages, and promotion of melee units to phalanxes.

Seems a big out of whack but had't used it much before :)

Also I've seen Tumtum. Nice work on the new version.

Possible bug patch b:
I'm on the undercouncil with Flauros and Charadon.
Everything works fine until one turn a new election pops up.
The same (or maybe the turn afterwards) Flauros and Charadon form a permanent alliance.
Since then (approx 100 turns) no more solutions...

Windows XP

Patch 0.33b

I have made a new game just to play for fun at Somnium so i chose the following settings:

Duel Map, 3 AI, No tech trading, Barbarian World, Aggressive Barbarians, Wildlands, AI no buiding requirements, Deity difficulty, Aggressive AI

And this is what i get at turn 0.

Luchuirp has 2 settlers and lot of units, while Balseraph has lot of units, 2 settlers and Loki!

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword 2008-08-18 01-18-43-79.jpg
    Civ4BeyondSword 2008-08-18 01-18-43-79.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Civ4BeyondSword 2008-08-18 01-18-47-98.jpg
    Civ4BeyondSword 2008-08-18 01-18-47-98.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 90
Windows XP

Patch 0.33b

I have made a new game just to play for fun at Somnium so i chose the following settings:

Duel Map, 3 AI, No tech trading, Barbarian World, Aggressive Barbarians, Wildlands, AI no buiding requirements, Deity difficulty, Aggressive AI

And this is what i get at turn 0.

Luchuirp has 2 settlers and lot of units, while Balseraph has lot of units, 2 settlers and Loki!
I'm guessing this is your first Deity game? That's what the AI starts with on Deity. Not a bug at all.

Okay, I was playing as Sidar and cast wane on a ritualist. Then I made it into an engineer. The wane then appeared in my capital as if it had been killed where I made it into another engineer. It also appears that when I promote adepts after blood of the phoenix they create a dupicate adept as if they had died.

EDIT- the ritualist also ressurrected after casting wane

In my first game, the barbs, especially Wolf Riders have come early and often. I have had literally several hundred Riders already.

The Civlopedia says they have a 10% Withdrawal rate. However, based on all the combat with them in this game, I'll eat an orc if it isn't at least 50%;)

Also, as mentioned, the early barb activity was manic and lots of fun. However, now into turn 400 of the epic speed game there are no barbs. Why?

I opened the World Builder and have NEVER seen so many Bears. I decided to delete a bunch to see what happened. I deleted 159 Bears (Huge map) and still left some. I thought there would be a sudden onslaught of barbs (plenty of area to spawn), but no. In fact, just 50 turns later, I opened the Builder again, and many of the Bears are back!:eek:

I know it depends a lot on the size and type of map you use, but I think there needs to be some sort of slowdown on the rate at which Bears spawn. Otherwise, you eliminate Raging Barbs and get Blocking Bears. :(

1. Add freakshow spell (belseraphs only) on orc slaves does not add a freakshow to the city

2. mirrors of savants and slaves (i assume all other religious unit and slave mirrors can as well) can be used to add free research and production. exploitable.

mirrors a shade
giggles profusely

Top Bottom