1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

Yes!!!! Thank, now, off to play. Yeah!

2. JanusTalaiini

JanusTalaiini Prince

Playing Kuriates, patch A:

I'm following the Empyrian religion, and recently got the runes tech by making peace with the Balseraphs. I'm now able to research Arete, even though I don't follow Runes.

3. Skitters

Skitters Prince

Just had this occurence - was given a window to choose a religion, so chose CoE and it did indeed turn a city into the CoE city and gave me a Nightwatch and OO Zealot.

Screenshot and save attached if they are of any help

Attached Files:

4. vivictius

vivictius Prince

I have a city on a hill, about to finish making a palisade (next turn). CTD, no python pop-up (I checked, they are enabled).

Did a little testing, with the world editor, game crashes if I try to put in the palisade or walls.
    <EDIT>

Figured out the problem, it was the first thing I built, so without any other building there was nothing for the walls graphics to go around so it crashed.

5. Mazarin

Mazarin Warlord

When capturing cities as the Illians, their pagan temples sometimes remain and are renamed into White Hand temples, the do not however change the surrounding terrain into ice.

6. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

I don't think this is a bug, but it's very annoying: when you research Deception you get a free Nightwatch that starts with hidden nationality. problem is, the nightwatch is given to you before your turn actually starts, i.e. when the AI can move units. this means that your nightwatch can easily get slaughtered before you even have the chance to declare nationality :(

7. Corlis

Corlis Warlord

Ditto with my game and Hidden Paths despite being Empyrean; I researched FoL normally though.

8. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

Loki cannot explore lairs. Might be intended, but reporting just in case.

9. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

Are you playing on the fantasy realm map script? That one ignores rules about feature and resource placement.

10. Blackmantle

Blackmantle King

Some observations:

Without the patch i did get a noncrashing c++ error when opening the pedia section about units (popup appears about an error but can be closed.). Maybe some unit or reference is missing? (other parts seem ok...)

I can second the Arete with no prerequirement on state religion to research thing. (maybe hidden paths and mind stapling are effected as well?)

Also (minor cosmetic issue) at least one of the dungeon exploration results seems to miss the right text reference. (sadly don't remember the event anymore. Will look out for it next time...)

PS: Why is it that so few lairs are around? Seems you have hardly toned down the ammount of lairs + spawns in comparison to the modmod (save for a quite some goblins from the forts.). Whould it be possible to tie the frequency of those lairs + spawns to difficulty?

11. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

no, it was Erebus mapscript.

12. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

i found a watchtower with "Odeo's Prison" feature lable over it...

13. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Are Agnostic civs supposed to be able to found the Empyrean and Council of Esus now? I guess allowing them to get the techs and thus join a council seems ok, but founding a religion seems wrong.

(If you made the Religion-founding techs not found a religion but just give a disciple, I think that blocking agnostic civs from founding them would become as simple as giving them NONE as a UU for each disciple.)

14. Zechnophobe

Zechnophobe Strategy Lich

Agnostic civs can get the 'holy man' from a lair too, allowing them to found a religion. The illians founded order in my last game. Was really weird.

15. JanusTalaiini

JanusTalaiini Prince

Patch A:

I can build Bane Divine with the Armageddon Counter at 4.

16. JanusTalaiini

JanusTalaiini Prince

The flaming arrows spell does not affect centaur archers.

17. Pyr0mancer

Pyr0mancer Prince

It never has, and was never intended to. Flaming Arrows only affects Archery units, Horse Archers and Centaur Archers are Mounted units.

18. jrandrew

jrandrew Warlord

I've already seen the notes for the Illians how river tiles don't give commerce. I have found another issue (again, perhaps more of a balance question.)

Flood Plains get turned into snow, which means you lose one food off of them. Not getting commerce off rivers is something of a nerf, but I can also see the trade-off in that it also makes invasions for other players harder and gives the Illians their terrain bonus (which stacks nicely with the Homeland trait for a tidy +20% within borders). However, losing F(l)ood Plains is enough to make one consider not building the Temple of the Hand.

Perhaps there needs to be a cold-type terrain especially for the Illians in this case when the Temple of the Hand is built? E.g. "Ice/Frozen Fields" or "New-Fallen Snow" or "Deep Freeze"?

Also, I second the idea of making "The White Hand" repeatable. Perhaps at double the cost, or the 2nd time for two priests instead of 3, the third time one.

Those Priests of Winter are mean, especially if you beeline philosophy!

Oops, one other note. Should tundra be updated for Illians too? Only one food is tough, perhaps like plains with one food and one hammer?

19. Sofista

Sofista card-carrying

Playing with patch a.

Am I the only one who, in the 'pedia, can see only the first two columns of unit entries?

20. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

They all show up for me, but there was a mention earlier from someone saying they had a python exception show up while viewing the Civilopedia Units section.

Which Civ are you playing as while you look at the Pedia, or are you looking at it from the main menu (not actually playing a game yet)?