Final Fixes Reborn

It's okay already.
In my saves, a turn timer appeared from somewhere. I did not understand how to disable it, I tried to run saves as a network game, but there seems to be a ban on changing settings. Fortunately, after checking the saves 10 moves ago, I made sure that there is no timer.
10 moves is not that much)
I have the same bug.
sometimes after loading a game, a timer appears out of nowhere. I don't even know how to disable it.. and as for Avaddon reloading a few turns back generally works (but its frustrating) (and 1 min 30 to play a turn is not much)

I have the same bug.
sometimes after loading a game, a timer appears out of nowhere. I don't even know how to disable it.. and as for Avaddon reloading a few turns back generally works (but its frustrating) (and 1 min 30 to play a turn is not much)

I know this bug well, appears since many versions and is very rare, wasn ´t able to figure out why it appears, but seems to be a problem in later games.
Close game, delete your game cache and reload your savegame and it shall be gone.

Out of curiosity more than anything I have to ask when and why the metal weapon mechanic from FFH was removed. Like it's the only thing from the base FFH that I actually miss.

I am asking because I noticed workers don't get it any more and that I can't find the promotions in the wiki. Maybe I am just being dumb. Quite possible.

I must be doing something wrong on my end than. Thanks for the info.

So happy to see FFH2 modmods in relatively active development. Think it's something like 10 years since I played Fall Further+, just started again last week using the 14.11 build since COVID lockdowns and all, and can't stop. That one-more-turn itch is strong, and the FFH2 lore and setting is still one of the most memorable ones I've played, so thanks much to all the devs still keeping it kicking.

Gushing aside, I have a technical question. How easy is it to change some of the soundtrack from being religion-locked to the generic list that play for everyone? Some of the Age of Wonders tracks from Leaves I really love, but don't want to have to be Leaves every game to hear them. Is it as simple as moving the .mp3 file from one folder to another, or will I need to futz with the XML for the game to know when to play it?

And while we are at it is there a way to get the awesome FFH scenario music to play in this?

How easy is it to change some of the soundtrack from being religion-locked to the generic list that play for everyone?

It's not too difficult, mainly looking for the right name, and you actually don't even need to move the .mp3
1. Look for the songs you want by going to your Assets/sounds/soundtrack folder and listening to the .mp3s for the song.
2. Each music track is defined in your Assets/Xml/Audio folder in the AudioDefines and Audio2DScripts files, look up the name of the song in the AudioDefines, then look up that defined name in the Audio2DScripts file.
3. Go to Civ4EraInfo in the Assets/Xml/Gameinfo folder, scroll down to where it says <EraInfoSoundtracks> copy one of the <EraInfoSoundtrack> lines, and replace the script name with the one from your Audio2DScripts file. Depending on when you want to hear them during the game you can set them in different eras.

And while we are at it is there a way to get the awesome FFH scenario music to play in this?
I believe you just need to copy the .mp3s from FFH into the Assets/sounds folder, define them in AudioDefines and Audio2DScripts, and add them wherever you think fitting, ReligionInfos EraInfos or such

As far as I can see they already are in the game. I just want to know what triggers them without having to dig through the XML. My work with units has lead to XML becoming tiring to me. Also, I notice that the tool promotions only go up to stone where as weapons go much higher. Why is that?

As far as I can see they already are in the game. I just want to know what triggers them without having to dig through the XML. My work with units has lead to XML becoming tiring to me. Also, I notice that the tool promotions only go up to stone where as weapons go much higher. Why is that?

I noticed many songs are at least bound to your chosen religion, so I like to pick Esus very much, as I like their songs...lol. Even if the religion itself isn ´t that good due to crime problems etc.;-) Btw. this is my favourite song from AOE :

Esus' link to crime hasn't been worked on yet, it's in the next phase of the crime stuff ^^

Sounds awesome, maybe you can give Esus another little tweak too, maybe some kind of unique unit or a second decent hero, or building, I really miss the benefit of temples and religion units when playing them. ;-)

not fully decided yet, but some possibilities :

-One important lore fact of the Aphotic Throne ( the lore name of the religion) is that each chapter is more or less independant. Ingame, when you propagate the religion to a city, you get a free "temple" out of a random bunch (probably based on the level of crime in the city) with various effects ( the most interesting being more likely with higher crime)

-those temples will neutralise maluses from some of the crimes and give passive boosts instead ( money, prod, science, xp) and give access to specific promotions.

-the nightwatchers will get a couple of spells to finetune control of crime, and maybe get rid of a given chapter to get a new one.

What is the latest version and link to this mod? Last time I played it had some bad errors I didn’t care for tackling. I went to extra mod mod which seems to be very stable and you can play all scenarios, which is a plus. I liked the xtra civs and extras from AoE though, so was hoping there was a more recent version than 2015

at the start of the Final Fixes Reborn thread, which is the original name of AoE.

In more details, you have two possibilities :

1) First, you can download and play the 14.11 version, which is more stable but has less features ( prefered for multiplayer until i fix the beta version)
You can find it here : https://sourceforge.net/projects/ashesoferebus/files/

2) Second, you can try the beta version with the svn system. You need to first install a svn client ( i use Tortoise), then use the client to "checkout" the mod by entering that link in the checkout menu : svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/ashesoferebus/code/

2b) if you really don't want to install svn, but want to try the beta version, you can just click download snapshot on that link to get the download : https://sourceforge.net/p/ashesoferebus/code/HEAD/tree/

There are still a few errors roaming around but for the most part they're only during starting or loading a game, not during gameplay. Black Imperator is always working hard to find and fix them so the next update will fix the ones reported on the Ashes of Erebus Known Issues and Bug Reports thread

There are still a few errors roaming around but for the most part they're only during starting or loading a game, not during gameplay. Black Imperator is always working hard to find and fix them so the next update will fix the ones reported on the Ashes of Erebus Known Issues and Bug Reports thread
I followed these results, downloading via svn into a new folder. Changed the working stable version of the mod to a new name, changed the name of the newly downloaded folder to "Ashes of Erebus", and ran AoELauncher.exe. I get a error popup on loading: "Tag: 6!!OMOTION_NO_PROMOTION in Info class was incorrect Current XML file is: xml|Civilizations/CIC4LeaderRelationsInfos.xml" but I click OK and the game loads. However it crashes when I try to start a game using "Play Now". The most obvious error in the logs is init.log:
[890215.025] ERR: InitWinApp() failed, exiting
[890215.025] ERR: CIV Init FAILED, exiting

Top Bottom