Final Fixes Reborn

Hi, I found a bug too:
- when Psychopaths going crazy (the passive chance to berserk) it ´s sometimes not possible to end the round, you´ve to click the unit and force them to make steps, the unit make them other steps itself and after it the round end button finally appears. Also I had a longbowman with that passive crazy ability, dunno if it ´s a bug or working as intended, I used the call of the depths religion in my gameplay with lanun. Save file attached if you want to take a look.

Thx guys, for making AoE more stable. I had only one crash to desk so far as a great Person (Healer) showed up.

Attachments

• Lanoon.CivBeyondSwordSave
    764.8 KB · Views: 75
it's most likely a bug, though i have no idea what happens here.

As for the healer crash, if that happens again, i'll take a look. I recently tweaked the AI for the healers so i may have made a mistake there.

it's most likely a bug, though i have no idea what happens here.

As for the healer crash, if that happens again, i'll take a look. I recently tweaked the AI for the healers so i may have made a mistake there.

I reloaded the game and the other Civ got a healer again with different name and no crash occured, so maybe just one healer unit is corrupted or it was a crash for other reason. I´ll try to remind the healers name if this crash occurs again.

With the psychopaths or better said "insane" unit bug,- it seems as it is somekind of coding conflict, normaly the unit is totally out of control and during their berserk modus not a unit of the Civ it belongs too, here it seems as it stays somehow unit what ´s causing a conflict.
You always have to search these units and move them to finish the round, that ´s totally annoying as the passive berserk chance is anyway. I would be ok to remove it or change it in another penalty like "unit feels confused and can ´t move for 3 turns" or so. :)

Found another small bug, after destroying an improved barbarian Zentauer camp, the barbarian area claim is not gone, now I can´t buld a city there, save file attached.

Attachments

• Kane.CivBeyondSwordSave
    519.2 KB · Views: 72
Makes me happy to see this mod^5 still getting some love. Its still the gold standard I measure all my 4x's by... and most don't measure up. Props! Going to update my svn version and indulge.

First game back random Clan of Embers, got their "important" non-main leader who's name I can't recall that starts with only the aggressive trait. I noticed I can't cast "For the Horde" world power for some reason? Its blacked out in the city screen. Is the tooltip outdated and there is a pre-req?

That doesn't appear to be the issue. I was able to get access to it once i temporarily removed the default modules...of course then though I had plenty of unhandled exceptions before the game start...which persisted even after I re-verified the svn update and left them active again lol. What modules are supposed to be active? Is it normal most of them have conflict/version warnings?

the ones that are active directly in the download should normally be ok, though i know there's one conflict warning that keeps popping up but shouldn't, and i haven't figured out why yet. A couple of the modules will probably be merged soon.

Which one is it in particular? I know that my submod shows a conflict with the hamsters on account of both editing the elf art style, even though we don't have actually overlapping units. But that's probably the system working as intended as I don't imagine you made it literally parse through each file in each module in minute detail.

The normal modules that I see active are Bannor Chain of Command, BlackDuke, Dural, Frozen, Greatest People, Hamstalfar, Rife More Events, PPQ unit modules. The ones showing a conflict are Bannor, Greatest, Hamster, and PPQ.

Sounds like they are working as intended then if Bannor/Greatest are false positives, and Hamster/PPQ are simply an art related conflict. I can try deactivating each one individually and running a game too see which one is causing my world spell issues.

Curious if anyone has had to deal with this?

Code:
Command: Update from svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/ashesoferebus/code 
Updating: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Ashes of Erebus 
Error: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 
Error:  'svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/ashesoferebus/code' 
Error: Can't connect to host 'svn.code.sf.net': A connection attempt failed because 
Error:  the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or 
Error:  established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. 
Completed!:

Hmm, it's been an issue for a few days now, Rise of Mankind AND2 just hangs which is even stranger. I'm wondering if the config got messed up on my side, the cache is full or bad, or if the url moved (doesn't sound like the latter though).

If you are getting the SVN error for a longer period of time you should check your firewall and AV to see that maybe something isn't blocking access to the SVN servers.

Also try updating to a different folder as program files might be protected by windows being stupid.

Checking out in a new folder seems to be working (lots of files, still waiting). Chalking it up to Windows being stupid as I hadn't changed any settings haha.

Yea, modern versions of windows suck. They tend to lock up programs folders, program files, the system drive etc.

Top Bottom