Finazlized Discussions

I stand in awe of the accomplishments, and yet also am forced to question an apparent oversight. Why do Hobbits not appear as a playable race? One could argue, yes, that their influence over the affairs of Middle Earth were minimal, when considered as a nation. But they controlled a sizable amount of territory and were uninvolved primarily because they dwelt in a peaceable region isolated from the concerns of other people. In a more dangerous territory they may have demonstrated a more militaristic outlook, or at least a greater aptitude for combat. Certainly the Scourging of the Shire implies as much.
I propose, therefore, such an addition. Possibly using Meriadoc Brandybuck and Peregrin Took as leaders (since both assumed offices of importance after their adventures) and Bilbo Baggins as hero. Aligned Neutral (leaning Good), starting perhaps with agricultural techs.

GOOD . .. .. .. .ING LUCK. i know this is a specific thread but i would like to ask how your mixing both Middle earth and beleriand and all that? two map types? Just interested. Im . .. .. .. . at coding but if theirs anything at all i can help with ide only be to happy. if not then I hope you manage it cus it would be bloody fantastic. GOOD LUCK

A test modpack would be a good idea, test some of the more basic stuff before doing too much work on top of it.

some of us like me are not posting becuase no-one else is posting.
I also fall into this category.

I agree. A test modpack is a good idea. That way, you can get feedback on the mod BEFORE it is finished, so you can address problems and/or things that people don't like, or would want to have in the mod.

hey i just want to put in a good word of support for this mod! I look forward to battling through Arda!

Just a thought instead of doubling Aragorn you could use Elessar for for gondor. When he was crowned king his full ruling name was Elessar Telcontar ("Elfstone Strider"). Which is also the name that was put in the historical records.

Maa, it's been so long since anything happened I had to go check the finalized leaders list to reply T_T

I vaguely remember an idea that Aragorn leading Arnor was Aragorn as a ranger, and that Aragorn leading Gondor was Elessar. I can't remember if that's exactly what we ended up going with.

@the1sean: Thanks! Things are a bit slow ATM since the people who actually know how to code have other obligations right now. Hopefully things get better soon.

Thats cool, perfection takes time :goodjob:

Hi guy's, is this Mod still in the development stages, or has the idea been shelved?

Top Bottom