1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: RealmsBeyond

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

Yes please at least tell the allies what RB has offered us! This should be done ASAP... Even a simple one line in offline chat will do... Just something, please:please:

2. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Yes, let CP and Apolyton know! I don't want any chance of RB going to them and telling them that RB and CFC are in NAP-extension negotiations. We should also let them know we are not going to accept the offer (if that is the current team consensus).

3. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

This I strongly agree with, no matter what we decide on.

4. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

I already did, but forgot to write here. :)

Ot4e was scandalized. I think it is because he was the only one who got no such offer. MZ had already told him he got this offer.

5. Sommerswerd

Good thing we told him then :whew:

I am sure he will interpret this as meaning that RB intends to attack CP next.

And also I think that RB must be destroyed.

6. vranasm

vranasm Deity

the last sentence feels familiar... is it reference to Churchill or something?

7. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Caton the Old. "Carthago delenda est."

8. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

So what about we ask RB ti extend same offer to CP? The only think I do not like about RB's offer is uncertainty. The whole point of making NAP with RB for us would be to focus on CivFr, so much better conditions for us would be assurance than RB will not attack any of our allies rather than that we could opt out of NAP in such a case. It seemed like RB genuinely wants to consolidate after the Inca war - perhaps they would agree.

9. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Of course, in order for us to win "RB must be destroyed". So must be CivFr, Uciv, Poly and even our closest ally CP. "Destroyed" either by war, out-teching, outculturing them or whatever. That is the nature of the game we are playing.

The crucial question though is in which order these civs must be destroyed, how and by whom ;). We had this discussion ad nauseam already, it is not that I want RB to win, just trying to fight RB and CivFr at the same time and CivFr with no allies at all does not seem like a winning proposition to me.

It looks like anyway we did not plan to actually attack RB - 2metra kept saying that there will be only a standing army on RB's border, to prevent RB from attacking one of us. Hopefully, we can achieve the same thing by diplo, freeing 40-50 units to actually fight CivFr :D

BTW, I have a hunch that Sulla is in charge now or at least a very influential RB team member. Anybody wants to bet on that? Since there is no indications: other than Sulla never posting anything on RB's behalf in spite of Scooter recently confirming he is around to some extend - I think I should get very good odds - like 1:10? :D

10. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

That would give away our alliances, so I wouldn't recommend doing that.

I understood that the idea was to build the units to force RB to build lots of extra military to slow down their development.

11. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

I do not think RB does not know at this point.

Yes, but that would also slow down our development. And since we are in a potentially dangerous war with CivFr, better use the units for actual fighting, imho.

12. Sommerswerd

Ummm No,:nope: Sorry Maga, when I say "must be destroyed" I am meaning in the same sense Cato meant it, that's why I'm quoting him ;) (well actually quoting you, quoting him :p). I mean invaded, killed to the last man, everything burned to the ground, the ashes and bones ground up into powder and poured into deep dug furrows all over the lands and then a nice thick layer of salt scattered over everything... That is what I mean by "destroyed"... The rest of those guys, we can beat them in Space race or whatever :D...

How's that for anti-RB bias?:)
    Oh... and also I think that RB must be destroyed FIRST, by our current alliance, as per the plan, and before CivFr or anyone else.

13. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

At least do it properly, Sommer, and type the Latin statement. ;) You can attach it to everything you post, as Cato did, but it looks more cool in Latin! :D

Et preterea censeo Realms Beyond delenda est :p

14. Sommerswerd

Well if you want to go full on Latin shouldn't it be...

Et preterea censeo delenda est Regna Trans :yup:

15. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

:goodjob: Sounds perfect!

16. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Wrt to sticking with the plans (no matter what ;)) that is one of the pictures I hanged on my office walls:
    http://www.despair.com/consistency.html

17. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Link to video.

18. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Great commentary to our "Delenda est Realms beyond" discussion ;) Or "Regna Trans delenda est"? ;)

19. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Anyway since "Realms Beyond" is a proper name, it should be left untranslated.

20. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

:agree: And should not necessarily be destroyed first, but that is another story ;)