Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.
I want to know what Poly stole
And good sysnopsis Yossa, but you forgot to mention how Scooter threatens to park their whole Army on our border if we don't give them a NAP. I think we should take him at his word and make sure Poly and CP hold off on mobilizing their troops to the RB border until AFTER RB moves their whole force towards us as Scooter is threatening to do.
Once their Army is out of position, RB will have a clusterf@#% situation where they have to scramble their Army all the way back to the Poly and CP borders, and that will be the time to strike... catching their soldiers in the middle, and out of position to really attack anyone properly. Plus they will be all conflicted about who to attack and with what... it will be a big mess, instead of them having all their troops in position to hit one of us hard in retalliation.
Indeed. I'd almost say we should outright refuse their NAP offer, just to make them build more stuff. But then, we're still 19 turns away from war, so that might still be too early - they could get lots. I do agree that Sommers' strategy of getting the army out of position is a perfect strategic goal for this stage - it's almost as if our 5-turns-more NAP were specifically planned for this
We need to have a discussion about some realistic things that we can ask RB for in a NAP, in case they get more desperate as the time for the NAP to ends comes. Scooter already seems to be sweating a little, as he has gone from, "We won't give you a NAP at all if you don't agree to it now" to "We want a NAP but we're not super interested in paying for it." We need plausible offers and counteroffers to be ready to make to them.
I also noticed that Scooter was quick to mention that "We will finish of Germans before NAP with CFC expires." I think this was intentional to discourage us from planning to hit them frombehind while they are still fighting Germany. To me, this exposes their plan to finish off Germans and then rush the bulk of the Army back Southeast to block us.
But I also think that denying them a NAP puts some pressure on them to fight Germans more fiercely, maybe they take some risks to get it done quicker, knowing that NAPs are expiring soon.
Maybe WPC has some nasty surprise in store for them too when the Germans are defeated? Who knows...
^^ that offer has to be better then what can we get in mediocre successful dogpile and I am like 100% sure such an offer won't be on table ever...
My fear is that when RB realises they are done for with 3 teams attacking them, since they have an army against us they will recognise their doom and try and damage one team as much as possible and that will be us.
This is likely scenario if they have clear vision that they are doomed (like Germans knowing they are about to die inevitably and decided to focus on punishing their arch-enemy WPC), but I think this will be not the case with RB. They will most probably not face such hopeless situation. At least not initially.
This is why it is improtant to keep discussing the possible NAP scenarios with them, no matter how remote the possibility of a NAP with them becomes, so that they don't lose hope and decide to focus on us.
I thought that you were advocating not discussing NAP with RB at all? BTW, do we have a bet? I was willing to accept your - see Beer Hall ?
Well I hope you guys got all your bets sorted out. I got this from Scooter a few moments ago:
So I checked our email to see this:
And a short follow-up chat:
I really liked that proposal of theirs. How it is designed and its tone and idea. It is honest (before the part where they cant decide what to give us) and really in good faith towards us. I need someone to shake me by my shoulders before I got sympathy for the beast we are preparing to stab.
I think we should accept this - it gives us everything we wanted - freedom to deal with CivFr plus being able to protect our allies. Although because of our international commitments, we need to talk with CP and Poly first.
I am in favour of pursuing this NAP suggestion from RB, if we can convince CP and WPC to delay our joint plans.
If we cant get Poly and possibly CP to join us and we partition French to get land comparable to RB's land, then forget about it. RB have all the reasons to want to keep the status quo and this kind of NAPs only helps them in achieving this.
RB is huge monster, if we and our allies stay the same, then we are doomed in the long run.
A two front war against RB in the west and CivFR in the east dooms us even more. And UCiv may be prone to join CivFR out of reasons of brotherhood feelings since they share nationality. If we can wrap up the war with CivFR, then I am in favour of not extending the NAP with RB, but if that situation remains open I think we shoukd attempt to focus there instead.
What about that we committed to anti - RB block already?
Exactly what you wrote : try to convince CP and WPC that RB can wait, and offer to share the spoils with them.
This is a very important matter and we are a democratic team - I think we should have a formal and a confidential vote on whether we like RB's NAP offer.
Separate names with a comma.