1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: RealmsBeyond

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Yes, this I thought about too, but never actually bothered to discuss, as I think in no case we must give any NAP to RB.

Absolutely true.

2. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Something interesting I noticed today. Everybody has closed borders with RB except WPC, Poly and us.

3. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

I am definitely guilty of not knowing all the details - difficult to follow closely w/o login into the game :( I remember you offered we could, but I generally think it is unsafe for a bunch of people to log in just to look (e.g. I could bump into important diplo), especially with my still much too high misclick ratio :cry:

Wrt to Sulla, I remember you said something like that, but it was together with a corollary that their stack will be Sulla's favorite composition, do not remember exactly, tons of cats plus something. And then RB attacked Germans with something else, so I assumed that based on your reasoning Sulla cannot be in charge :devil:

4. 2metraninja

My assumption about who is in charge at team RB is not based on something I saw in-game.

:) And it was not something else, it was mainly maces+cats and this is what main RB power comes from. Of course they will produce knights too, as their attack date was a bit late.

5. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

I am sorry, then - I thought the RB stack turned out very un-Sulla ;)

6. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Chat this morning with Scooter:

Lots of off-topic chatter about the new PitBoss that Maga and Caledorn are organizing.

tldr:
    • Scooter wanted to know about the NAP extension. I told him we're voting and I'll get back to him at the end of the week
    • I ask about the German war, he directs me to CivStats which shows that the Germans have been eliminated by WPC
    • I ask about the three German GG's that were killed. Scooter said RB killed them in the WPC city, and that they destroyed the army before letting WPC make the final kill and capture the city
    • We talk a little more about WPC's poor wartime strategy in general, mixed in with talk about PB14

7. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Overview of RB lands:

The north:

The south:

8. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Looks like Poly has closed borders with RB:

This combined with them switching into Nationalism recently and finishing Rifling this turn. Think RB's worried much?

Well wait till we turn down their NAP extension :mwaha:

9. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

We should suggest WPC close borders with RB in retaliation for their treachery. If RB truly cheated them then this is the least they can do.

Then we can say to RB... "Well it seems like everyone is closing Borders with you. So we think that strategically, it makes the most sense to us to see how this plays out in terms of getting a better offer from you for a NAP. So in light of that we are not ready to agree to a NAP extension at this time."

10. 2metraninja

Yes, us asking WPC to close borders can be good, but I doubt they will. WPC are afraid of RB and when I suggested they look for their rights, they said: "Power ratio is not in our favor at all for us to make demands"

11. 2metraninja

BTW, which turn we promised to give the Marble? Should we offer it in-game?

12. Sommerswerd

Turn 165 is when we must offer it in game. If we are not using it, I would say we should offer it right away so we don't forget.

13. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Our last agreement was to start the gift on T165, so next turn.

Scooter was looking for me on chat yesterday, and we touched base today:

tldr:
    • Scooter asked if we're going to extend the NAP
    • I said no
    • He asked for a counter-offer
    • I said we want our peninsula back
    • He said no
    • When I mentioned the other teams closing borders with them, he claimed that's just what they wanted all along :rolleyes:
    • There was another loosely veiled threat somewhere in there about how they are about to start drafting Rifles en masse (if only we were on our way to Grens ;))

14. 2metraninja

LOL, Yossa, very good job, man! I really laughed reading.
    And yes, he is trying to scare us off. Drafting rifles... After all those drafted muskets... in the unforeseeable future.

Lately I am trying to telegraph to our allies that we need to really go berserk in the next 15 turns to have that chance to crush RB without thinking much or leaving power for the after-RB. I think this is what we must really do.

15. Sommerswerd

So you are finally coming along to thinking that this is our last-best chance to do something about RB?;) Trumpets sounding, with Banners crackling in the wind and all?:D

16. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Just a short chat with Scooter today:

I really wasn't sure how to respond to his question out of the blue, hope I didn't blow anything for us.

17. 2metraninja

I doubt there will be a lot of trumpets and banners. Not in the triumphant sense at least. More like invisible drums rumble all around, a lot of dust, mud and gunpowder smoke, distant muted volleys and the close screams of the dying men.

You did OK. They know we went chemistry, they know what this means. Grens or cannons. They evaluate our situation and see that for us best is canons. They will see them anyway in 6 turns. Even better. Let them know we aim for canons, they will look at this as defensive move, not aggressive one. They still dont know our 30 cannons will be accompanied by 50 muskets :)

18. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

You know, during the chat I was going on the assumption that they could see our research and knew we had research set to steel. But since we have that espy agreement, they can't have research visibility on us. But yeah, steel was the only logical conclusion.

Since it is now T165, I went ahead and offered them the Marble we owe them.

And maybe this is old news, but nobody has any deals at all with RB anymore accept for us and WPC

19. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Another chat with Scooter. These guys are getting desparate, it seems:

tldr:
    • Scooter offered us their next Great Person in return for a 50-turn NAP
    • The GP will come in 13 turns (as quickly as 8 turns if they speed it up) and is a mixed pool with highest chances being a Great Merchant
    • They need an answer right away or they will withdraw the offer (by Monday)
    • They're trying again to direct us against UCiv
    • Seems like they might be having a little bit of internal struggles playing the turns?

20. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

wow thast a serious offer, i know they feel the presure.