1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: RealmsBeyond

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

Yes, it seems that they really need the NAP and they are getting desparate. Either they have a greater plan that is dependent on us giving the NAP or they are getting quite scared of their neighbours. Another thing that I read between the lines in this is that they think that they have the best chances to get NAP with us, ATM. Well played, Yossa. I suspect that either they already have given this offer to Poly and they refused, or if we refuse, they'll give the offer to Poly (unless Poly already blew their diplo with a "we are not talking to you" message).

2. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

:agree: This.

(Oh yes... I went there... Yes I did):mischief:

BTW I also think that RB must be destroyed

3. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Have we told CP and Apolyton yet? E-mail or chat?

4. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

As far as I know, we have not.

5. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

And by the way, go back and read the full post that Sommers just quoted. He called it, start to finish.

RB must be destroyed :D

6. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

You think this is generous offer speaking for how they desperate they are because you dont know what they offered CP. Maybe I missed mentioning this as it was refused by CP, but RB offered them 51 units !!! gift if they give them NAP and go after CivFR. This must be their whole current medieval army. Catapults, maces and knights they mentioned. MZ's comment was: I got envious! There is nothing for us! :D

Their plan I can tell you right away without being extrasensory or medium or having read their forums. With the lush lush land they have and gotten from Germans, the amount of food they have (they just ran away with like 150 more food than us in this moment, when their new cities are not developed yet) they will need only 30-40 turns before they become unstoppable. This much food will result in economic, production, tech and whatever you want to think about advantage that even coordinated 3vs1 efforts wont be able to overcome. Basically if they get this time, they will be unstoppable and they will simply win the game. RB believe too much in the chess-like approach in civ. In chess, you can win a game even if you get only 1 pawn advantage if you play smart and exchange all other figures. And right now RB have not just 1 pawn advantage. They have like 10 pawns advantage :D So they only need this time to get unbeatable. It is now or never. We must destroy them.

7. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Has there been another 3-way chat between the allies? If so, I'd love to see it. I'm glad we told them about our offer from RB.

8. 2metraninja

Lately we did not chatted 3-way, but I am kept exchanging short chats with both of them and it seems they two chat a lot too. For example, Ot4e agreed to sell MZ their GP, 10 rifles were included in the deal, dont know the rest of the deal details.

9. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Well, I dropped the news to Scooter that they're not getting a NAP, GP or no GP. He was less than pleased:

So, I think he may have guilted me into revealing more info than I wanted to, and it this point I think the best diplo course is radio silence.

10. vranasm

vranasm Deity

I don't think you reveal anything important... and I think you did great job on the diplo with RB, you had no easy situation because you really had to walk the very thin line and it was very tough.

I agree for the next few turns would be best to not initiate diplomacy with RB, because I am afraid there isn't much to do with them diplomatically.

edit:
    just wanted to say that it is really interesting how quickly the situation changed from RB threats of "well come t173 we probably won't give you NAP, buhbah" to "oh please take our NAP for the love of god and take some free stuff with it"

11. 2metraninja

:) Yes, Scooter did well in putting guilt on you. You did not revealed any sensitive info though, just maybe something semi-untrue like saying we will just want to pull some troops of theirs on our border. Which is not exactly untrue, just not 100% true :D

Anyway, you did it totally OK. I know how it feels being on the front line taking enemy fire and acting under pressure. I will repeat this so you dont have any doubts - you did totally OK and conducted the diplomatic situation great. Next time, to avoid feeling bad or guilty, tell yourself this is a war and you are soldier and you do what is best for your country. Or just remind yourself it is just a game and playing smart politics is part of it. Just as Scooter being harsh and pushing on you is part of this same game. :)

12. Sommerswerd

Don't let Scooter make you feel bad Yossa.:nope: He is just desperate to get what is best for his team. You told him that we were far off as far as a NAP was concerened. From his perspective, the NAP negotiations were a failure, and from my limited encounters with RB, I am guessing he is being called a "failure" "sucker" just generally being mocked and derided over there. It is perfectly natural for him to have some negative feelings about it. But it is not your fault if his team mates are blaming him and being unkind, etc...

You did great Yossa:yup:

13. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Looks like RB is looking elsewhere for new friends:

UCiv definitely did not have OB with them last turn. Not a good sign...

14. Sommerswerd

Well RB has shown that they are willing to offer far sweeter deals to anyone and everyone than what they offer us. I'm guessing they made UCiv an offer they couldn't refuse... Something along the lines of giving them a bunch of military units to attack CFC... They tried to get us to attack UCiv and that failed, so why not try to get UCiv to attack us instead. Good strategy TBH.

15. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Some posted somewhere that UCiv probably bought the Great Person that RB was raffling off. What type was it?

16. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

It's coming from a mixed poll, with the highest odds of it being a GM

17. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Ohhh, I thought it had been born already. That's worrisome. I guess we jus have to hope that UCiv is just paying in advance for a GP. :(

18. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

I had a short chat with Scooter this morning. At this point, I was a little less concerned about being guarded about what I told him:

19. 2metraninja

:) I love how he puts things. It is we who set all this and CP and Poly are doing our job. Means they must be not happy while we are using them :) And the best of all: "this little dogpile" LOL

ANd about logistic nightmare defending Brick, well, they might have thought about this a bit earlier maybe? When they decided to settle it? They believed CP will wave a hand and forget about it? LOL...

20. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

I take it as a compliment on our team that RB thinks that we're masterminding the whole operation. BTW, we probably get some nice refugees if the end result of the war is total annihilation of RB since at least some in their team seem to think highly of us.