1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: Spanish Apolyton

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

2metraninja or Sommerswerd will get a notification if someone requests membership, so they can let us know. I sure hope we do get Magno and Manolo, at least! I'm not sure who "Alejandro" is (that's who the latest emails have been coming from), but I imagine it's one of them.

2. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

I mean, did we invite them again after the war was over?

3. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Alejandro seems to be Magno. He requested membership yesterday and I granted him access.

4. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

HI ALL of you!!! Thanks for giving a home to this survivor of the Zulus massacre ... Im Alejandro, aka Magno of Apolyton.

Im glad you have accept my request.. Im planning to destroy you form the inside like a virus or some kind of terrible illness o stuffs like that...!! :D

Naaa.. just kidding.

I will be reading old post next week, You still have a couple of days to edit post in thouse where you talk about our mothers and sisters... :)

5. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Welcome, Magno! Very glad to have you on board :woohoo:

PS We decided not to edit anything in the interest of the historical truth :p But better wait a bit with reading, there were even posts where some of us were talking about what we would like to do with you brothers :blush: - but that was only to make Sommers behave :p

6. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Yes, yes, horrible things will be done to your mothers and sisters and brothers, but nothing to your sheep. We will be treating sheep with dignity and respect!

Bienvenido al equipo, Magno! Estoy muy feliz que juntaste con nosotros.

7. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

If you want some lighter read to begin with, we also have "Bragging about past conquests and ogling women in very tight clothes" thread :D The name is slightly different, though - something like "Timer discussion"? :lol:

8. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

:bounce: Welcome to the team! :woohoo:

9. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Welcome!

10. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

oh guys! I could not wait and spend a while at work reading the hole thread...!!! :lol:

I has been as much fun as when I send the diplo messages!!

I will make a very small resume to explain us... I to try to clean our reputation of bad player and worst crasy guys...!!

For first we are not very experience in playing demo game. Basically because most of this games are english based games, and in the team I was the only that can in some way make me understand in whatever i write as english...
    So, we thought that the diplomacy role playing and previous friendships are the most important fact in this game and that english based team will have an advantage in the long term.

So, we plan a extremely fast war against the first civ we meet, tring to get something extra of space, cities and resources before even we have contact with all the civs and when diplomacy inter-team is not so important.
    For that we choose the most aggressive and early UU we can choose.

And you guys where the first one we meet!! so!! since that first turn, we where planning attack you as soon as we can.....
    all that fu*** staff of the 15 turns reserved settlement was just a way to keep you busy in the diplomacy channel... ) As we could not just said we do not want any kind of NAP o nothing....
    Also, we do not accept or offer any other civ a NAP to make it logical that we do not have NAp with you... that would be a really big mistake as finnaly we know.

The biiiggg problem we face was the huge of the map!!! :eek: we do not use to play in such a big mapand we do not take notice of this before the game start!! and our closer civ, you, where quite fare away and by when we where almost close enough to attack, our Impis where almost out of date and our economy was sinking as we do not have any financial extra for our civ or leader....

So... when we attack you where almost close to have catapults, and for worst a scout of you finds our 4-5 catapults coming from the backyard... so, we go into war in the worst of the situation, with a plenty of turn in advice to prepare your self...
    When we finally reach you first city and see we will not be able to take it.... all the game planned for the first battle was over. We know that the economy was sinking and we will be back in the tech tree soon...
    So, we just sit and wait to someone see the chance and goins us... but that never happend.... :(

When you offer the peace... we consider 2 chances, 1 you where just getting some time to prepared your self or ... hopping and plugin that someone else was treating you and that you really need the peace with us... Of course this option was highly improbable as none had offer us active help.

11. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Wow :eek: All of what you said makes perfectly good sense to me. I thought that maybe we should speak Spanish in the beginning, but I did not know that all hope for diplomacy was doomed anyway :lol:

And Welcome Magno! :clap:. Very very pleased to have you join us. I hope I will get to learn some more Spanish and speak to you in Spanish too once in a while:D

12. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

13. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Hi Magno, I did almost exactly the same thing in our Pitboss game :lol:. I was so afraid that somebody will attack me, that I was building mostly military units and it was actually me :ar15: everybody so they would not do it ;) And a bit to get more land, but mostly out of fear :lol: Well, we all live and learn, I guess and we can always play another Pitboss :D and hopefully do better next time.

I am hearing you on not feeling comfortable communicating in English, but I think your fears were exaggerated. I would guess majority of people playing this game are non-native speakers (clearly me included ;) ). And you did very well in communicating with other teams, not only we loved your emails :sheep:, other teams also said that your emails were the best :goodjob:

Language skills are useful, but are not everything, what matters most is who you are :D. We once elected a very bad king in Poland and somebody said about him: "He knew 17 languages, but have nothing interesting to say in either of them!" :lol:

14. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Even if you have to use Google translate, it won't matter too much for us to understand what you mean.

15. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

Im really Really really impress with you organisation!! you really take this seriously, not this game , the game itselff!!
    I will take some snapshot of your threats to show it in the spanish team, I will post them here before just to get you approval that no relevant information is exposed

16. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I think we need to up date the team info list, with the influx of new Spanish players, plus I am not on the list yet.

17. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Thanks for that detailed explanation of your teams plans and objectives, Magno. That does make perfect sense. It's too bad you met us before CivFr! I'm sure we could have found ways to help you more in your war against them.

We do take the game of Civ very seriously. That's why they call us fanatics! If you have any questions about anything we did, please let us know. I'd be happy do direct you to some of my demo hacking posts that explains where and how I was getting our information, back when I was still active in demo hacking.

Diplo is a huge part of these games. I can understand how you felt your team was at a disadvantage. That's why we tried to translate our messages into Spanish for you. Now we're trying to see if we can get Uciv on board with our alliance, despite the language barrier.

Have any Spanish members joined other teams? If so, I'm not sure you should provide them screenshots of our threads. If they aren't on other teams though, then I don't have any problem with you posting pictures. even better if it convinces them to join us!

@classy, I agree we should update our roster. Seeing that our team continues to grow at this late stage should put fear in the hearts of our enemies!

18. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

thanks Yoss.. I will investigate first turns later to see your tecnics! I will ask you later about that hacking info!....

oh.. if you where just 10 o 12 tilds closer to us..... :rolleyes:

The rest of spanish team have not join any other team and looks like are not planning to do so.
    Anyway, I will post anything I take from you to have your explicit ok with it

19. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

The team info thread has a more up-to-date roster and is only missing Magno AFAIK.

20. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Yeah, if we were a bit closer, would not be good for us :suicide:

On the other hand, eliminating another team very early would not be that great for you, either - you would probably could not afford to keep our cities, just have to razed them and the ancient war would hurt your economy. As I said, I just learnt it hard way in our intrateam game :look:

Magno, look at our Leader and Civ picking thread, especially at the end, when we discuss the advantages of different leaders and civs chosen:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=462694&page=15

As you will see, we were generally right that teams who have chosen leaders based on economic treats are doing well now and those who were preparing for early war - a bit less great ;) This is just a different type of game, when early war is not great and should be avoided at all costs - if only possible.