1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: Spanish Apolyton

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

yea, thats true... early wars are hard to paid... but if you manage and get just the capital and one city at most .. you will have the double of land and resuroces that the rest
    that will leave you plenty of space to grow without need of any other war for a loooong time...

the key of success in this is to not have too many cities your self!... in a smaller map, our two capitals would not be so far each other. And defending your self even if you get a little slow in techs it easy.
    When space is over and civ start fighting each other for the remaingin space... we would be in confortable position to get in back in the tech tree...

It s was a big bet we made... you know very well what happends :D

2. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I am BIG a fan of early Wars myself ... as 2metra knows:D

He is always trying to talk me out of attacking neighbors with Axes and Chariots in ancient times.:viking:

3. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

I have attacked 2metra with vultures (axes) and even cats once :blush: And I vowed to never try to again :D. I survived - Bistrita has won that war for me, leaving me a #1 civ in great shape :goodjob:, thanks! - but my economy was ruined and my expansion delayed :(. And due to this I lost my next, much more important war, that I could have won otherwise, I think.

Magno, I think you are still strategically are thinking about a different kind of game - one can survive an early war, sure, but in a long game like this it will likely cause you to fall behind in tech and be an easy target later on ... :(

4. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I came this close to attacking 2metra himself in the warmup game with chariot when I thought I had taken his only copper. Turns out he had spears though. :(

5. vranasm

vranasm Deity

I think your biggest mistake was that you didn't analyze properly the map type, speed and especially the toroidal setting.

this makes early wars very prohibitive

6. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

yeap thats true... we lost that fact.

7. Arkipeller

Arkipeller Ancient of Lore

Are you joining us, Magno? :) (Can I add that in the storytelling? )

8. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

yes. of course. Im a full member of this selected club :D

Thanks again for the invitation

9. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

We are happy to have you, Magno :D

10. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

With your permission, I will like to shared with my old gang this two pics of your forum

one shows a general panel of the amount of post in each thread, and the second an old turn summary. The info in this old post are obsolete and do not shows nothing that could be relevant for nowadays.

If any do not feel confortable with this , just say it :D

Attached Files:

11. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Magno, I have no problem with you posting those screenshots.

It would be awesome if you can get some of your compañeros to join us, too.

12. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Yes, sure, me neither have problems with those screenshots.

And yes, you can get more guys from your team in here, they are welcomed.

13. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

2Metra:
    so we meet on one side of the fence this time

Magno:
    thanks to givingme a home after you take ours...
    looks like you move the fence right over aun side...
    actually I staid in the same place! 😀
    stay
    2Metra:
    hehe, yes, true

Magno:
    hwo can I help

2Metra:
    I have to out to some restaurant in few minutes, so we can speak later, but first I want to ask you if you had any agreements with French?
    Magno:
    no, any
    that last msg trying to make you tought that Franchutes where caming in our help where just lies

2Metra:hmm
    but we knew you had 1 city empty in fron of French?
    Magno:
    trying to get you into war against them.... 😀
    2Metra:
    or it just happened like this at this moment?
    heheh
    you did good then
    Magno:
    not really know the details of the game as I actually do not enter the game for a while...
    but if it was some indefense city there side it was just a potencial sacrifice a city we could not defend anyway...
    2Metra:
    I see
    Magno:
    if France was planning to attack us before they see we where lost agian you.. i dont know.. but it would not sorpice me if it was that way...
    we donot had a wgood realtion since the Chinook incident...
    2Metra:
    there was incident?
    Magno:
    where we actually where just 1 turn to attack them instead of you...
    better if i post it later
    it will take a time for me makemyslef explianded in that pount
    point
    2Metra:
    :) yes, team will like this story
    Magno:
    just for a resume, a barbarian spearman save us....
    but post the hole story later
    have to wokr right now

2Metra:
    ok, thanks for now, I have really to get prepared and to go
    Magno:
    you know.. that activity that actually paid your bills

2Metra:yeah, I have to do it too :)
    ok, bye for now
    Magno:
    adios

Now, the hole Chinook incident story... Or as far as I can remember it :crazyeye:

In a far, far, far away civilization, where people and sheep live in harmony... We where just happy planning our future attack to the first one we meet.. thats was your team.
    Not longer after that, we meet the Mayas/Frenchs team, they were far away even more than you, so , original plan do not change. We start a really friendly relation with Franchutes. When time goes and our civilization start to grow we start a border arrangement talks, basically , where are you planning to build cities , and so far. We said them that our eastern/northern limit will be the Chinook Barbarian city.
    They do not know that city yet and we gladly show them the way till it.
    Years later.... actually just a few turns of the D day ( thats when we planned to attack you)
    we send a small army to take finally the Chinook city to close our expansion on that side so we can concentrate in expanding throw yours lands in the opposite direction. And also get some extra experience point against barbarians.
    All goes fine, we move some catapults, start the bombarding task with now hurry, and do the first attack. As we do not send to much units as they should be in the opposite side of the map where they would really will be necessary in just a few more turns (your border) we attack in two turns, so, after we do the first turn attack and leave just a couple of damage barbarian weak units defending Chinook. Next turn we take the city, move the units back and attack you. All goes fine...
    But when we enter the next turn!!! Frenchs had taken the Chinook city!! :eek: with just a couple of units from the opposite side of Chinook where we do not seen from our army in our side of Chinook!

Well... thinks get a little bit crazy those days... :mischief: some of us just what to go for the Mayas/French and sign a NAP with you..

I send a really "friendly" message to French demanding explanations and get a " we never accept Chinook as yours" message... And actually that was true. They never accept, but in 100 turns they never said nothing and there where severals messages from us announcing that this city would be our eastern city.

We make a votation.. leave the city and attack you as planned.. or move the army to the east and attack Chinook and all what we find easten that... the result was clear. Attack French team and offer you a NAP

So I send a clear diplo msg to French. All unit in the Chinook city will be consider barbarians and will be destroyed next turn. :aargh: No answer at all.

Next turn French move theirs units out of Chinook leaving it empty. But we do not take the city waiting for the catapults that for then they where going back and they were just one turn away and we where not sure what we will find in the other side of Chinook.
    Next turn a crazy barbarian spearman that came from nowhere appear and take the empty city! And we take the city from the barbarians avoiding then the DOW against French team!...

So, DOW do not was necessary and as French tema back off... the original plan was retaken and the rest of the story you know it very well.

14. 2metraninja

LOL! That is weird story indeed. Thanks for sharing it and bravo for the nice way of presenting it.

Sad part is those guys sound like real bastards to me and I lose the tiniest hope I had we can come to normal agreement with them.

15. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

:popcorn:

Yeah, that's an amazing story. I can't believe how close things came to playing out completely differently! Thanks for sharing it.

I had the exact opposite reaction from 2metra, this gave me hope we can negotiate with CivFr. To me it seemed that the Frenchies were eager to get peace when threatened by the Spaniards. They didn't do this diplomatically, but they did back off in game. I think their current in-game actions also indicate they're not trying to go into war mode.They're not whipping, they're working cottages, they're teching Edu, these just all seem geared towards the long-term game to me. I am confident they'll give us the peace we need.

16. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Yes, hearing this story makes me more confident that if we can probably just ignore them and continue with the RB invasion plan. Or if we MUST have a NAP with them, we can invade them and they will give it to us in exchange for getting back their city. They just want to develop peacefully without doing any fighting.

17. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

The story is very interesting and CivFr bahavior rather strange - it seems that their intention was to give Chinook back to SpAp, but for some reason they did not do it in a normal way, risking confusion and an unwanted war :confused:

I would be careful, though, in assuming that they would go to great lengths to avoid actual war with us - their letter indicated otherwise an din not seem a bluff, imho. And Moineau certainly knows how to fight and is no afraid to do so, and s/he is around.

18. 2metraninja

New chat with MZ just after I saw he stole 3 techs in a single turn:

19. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Umm, wrong thread?

Very interesting chat you had there. Good to hear that Poly seems to be more and more on board with the plan to take out RB. Especially as they pull ahead in score and can really see themselves winning this thing, with only RB standing in their way.

Scooter just offered us the same "conditional" NAP where we have an option to pull out if they attack any of our allies. I see this as a good sign. If they're fishing around for NAPs with everyone, it's because they really want to take the time to develop this new land and they don't think they can defend all their borders against the three of us :)

20. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

For sure they want and becasue we invest in military we have to go for taking RB down.I realy hope our allies will not disapoint as with this mo we go all in.