1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum migrated to xenforo!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Thunderfall, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

We are looking into it but could take another week or more. It's pretty complicated.

And regarding the question about civ avatars, yes, we do plan to bring them all back.

iamliberal likes this.
  2. J-man

J-man Deity

On the old site there was a page called subscribed threads (called watched threas now I think). There was a button on that page that brought me to the first unread post of the thread. Can't find that button now.

3. Ares de Borg

Ares de Borg Norman Knight

Hello Staff, thank you for your work. I have some remarks, though.

There are many broken image links, for example here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/workers-settlers-and-scientists.572803/
    It looks like that they are attached with a certain code that isn't correctly applied any more. Will that be fixed?

Also, the Download Database doesn't display preview pics any more, even if they have been added to, for example, an unit. This is quite annoying. :(

4. Crater169

Crater169 Chieftain

When can I download EUI?

5. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

It's the little blue dot to the left of the thread title both on forum pages and on "watched thread" pages. Also, it seems just clicking the thread title will bring you to "first unread" now also (handy when browsing on mobile).:)

6. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Emperor

The images now have numbers as part of their addresses after the file extension. For the Downloads Database, it used to assign the first attached image as the default picture, but now there seems to be a separate function to set the preview pic. I also hope that solutions can be found for these, as there are thousands of such files and many users aren't here anymore to correct their links.

Like Ares, I'd also like to thank Thunderfall and the staff for their work and a successful migration.

7. Fredeye

Fredeye Warlord

8. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

:banana: I'm glad to hear those are coming back.

Edit: Also glad that smiley made it!

Edit 2: It seems that the "Find all threads started by [username]" function from the Profile's Information tab isn't working; I've tried it with multiple users now. I'll take a look around to see if I can find another way to accomplish the search, but is that coming down the pike? It's a convenient option for "I know so-and-so posted a thread about this recently, but I can't find it..."

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  9. onmy6

onmy6 Prince

Suggestion: Ditch the review prereq before one can allocate a star rating, highly annoying IMO

10. alberts2

alberts2 Emperor

It would be use full if it where possible to attach files in conversations like we can in forum posts.

11. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

Generally speaking: Great new forum! I like it.

Ran into a problem today:
    I wanted to open a thread with a poll about the civs and leaders and random and opt-out option (makes 22 total at the moment)... Unfortunately poll options max is 10. Is that gonna be changed?

12. rockblocks

rockblocks Chieftain

13. gay_Aleks

gay_Aleks communism will win.

Question: Before the move, you could organise your PMs into folders. Right now, with those new-fangled "conversations", you can't really do that. Any chance we might get that back?

EDIT: Also, any word on TAB/TABLE tags?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  14. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

If the feature is something not built in officially, chance is we won't have it.

I am very reluctant to install third party addons now after bad experience with those vBulletin addons. They can make it really painful to upgrade to latest version of forum software. After sometime the original author of the addon may no longer be supporting the addon, making it not compatible with later versions.

The addons we installed so far, Media and Resources, are both official addons.

15. Troller0001

Troller0001 Not an actual Troll

Any chance to allow users to color/bold/underline/etc. text within [CODE]-blocks? :)

16. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

? That defeats the only purpose of the code tags, though. Use quote tags if you want BBCode functionality.

17. Troller0001

Troller0001 Not an actual Troll

Colours in [CODE]-blocks made pointing out issues or explaining parts of that code A LOT easier. Especially for when your code doesn't seem to want to work and you have no clue why :badcomp:

18. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Any light on when the access permissions will be fixed? Not being able to edit my signature, posts and, maybe most importantly, have a look at my infraction overview is pretty annoying.

19. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

I believe Xenforo has a plugin that lets posts utilize a "highlighter" without being displayed as a BBCode tag when quoted, but that's not a default feature as far as I'm aware.

20. EDre

EDre Chieftain

Will the layout every be the old one again? Is this temporary or the real deal?