1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum migrated to xenforo!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Thunderfall, Oct 1, 2016.

1. LKendter

LKendter Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!! Supporter

One good piece of news with the move. We are getting thread update notices again via email.

2. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

Awesome, the spoiler fix is working, including on old (pre-migration) spoilers. That was perhaps the top remaining formatting issue for me.

Remaining ones I can think of off the top of my head:

- Per-post titles haven't returned. I don't know if XenForo supports these at all or not, but have not yet added bold intro lines to my old posts to replace them in the hope they may return.
    - The aforementioned missing smilies, such as :thumbsup: and others that have been mentioned, as well as some such as the Christmas tree that have not.
    - Some special characters are still shown as codes; for example I have what I believe was a dagger (†) in one post, which is now †. I don't know how feasible that would be to fix since there could be any number of special characters stuck in limbo, but it would be nice if it's not excessively difficult.

My other most-missed feature is the collapseable forums on the main page; it does increase the amount of scrolling noticeably. Although I should probably try subscribing to entire forums and seeing if that view (after I've subscribed to the ones I used to have non-collapsed) is a sufficient substitute.

Edit: Okay, that actually works fairly nicely. For the top-tier forums ones, it might actually be better - I can pick and choose from the Civ III forums, for example, and not include ones that are inactive/I don't follow.

Would it be useful to have a post documenting all the various issues/requests, so they don't get lost, and it's easy for people to find the status of their pet issues (to do undetermined time, in progress, unlikely/won't do, etc.)? I suspect there's at least a few in this thread that, while not showstoppers, might be easy fixes, and it would be a shame to miss out on low-hanging fruit due to poor visibility.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  3. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

I probably will consider something like that. These days more and more people have ad blockers.

I may also test out diffeeent kinds of ads to see how they perform.

Seek and God of Kings like this.
  4. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Wooo, we can now multiquote!

5. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

That's odd, since I've been doing that since the forums reopened.

6. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Yes, but by using the reply button, scrolling back up to where you were, and so on. Now there's a +Quote button there. :)

7. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

Will we see a list of who is active in each subforum? that was a great feature.

8. Synobun

Synobun Deity

Mentioned already a few times, but I'd like to repeat the call for collapsible forum categories. They were a feature on vBulletin and I feel it'd be a helpful addition to the Xenforo CFC even if it's a 3rd party plugin. There are so many forums on CFC that will only increase as years go by and the ability to collapse sections would reduce scroll time on the index significantly. Myself, I only had 3 sections open on the vBulletin version (Support, Civ 3, OT).

9. Catharsis

Catharsis catch u on the flip scythe

It's not working for me :(

I have 'Mafia/NotW' forum as a 'Watched' forum. My 'Watched Forums' list suggests that I have both emails and alerts set up for this forum. There was a post in there today but I didn't get an alert, nor an email.

@Vincour - on the subject of 'Watched Forums', you can use it to replace the collapsible subforums (you can disable alerts and emails). However the thing that makes this less flexible than the latter is that I don't think you can add entire sections to it, so for example, you'd have to add all the Civ3 forums individually to your watched list if you were interested in the whole package of Gen Disc, Mods, MP, Stories etc. So collapsible subs would be nice... or an enhanced watch forums functionality :p

10. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

In my case, some forums are no longer watched. They were private forums. What happened to them?

11. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Mmm, yes. And to find those +Quotes you'd need to scroll back, I imagine.

12. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

No, you just click on a button just below the quick reply box that reads ‘Insert Quotes’.

13. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

Wrong thread.
    At the forum level, where all the threads are listed, I think that there needs to be horizontal lines from the title side to the post count side. On a wide screen such lines would provide the horizontal tracking the eye needs to connect the two. I don't think that they need to be too dark, just visible enough to provide the connection.

14. TrippedOnACloud

TrippedOnACloud Warlord

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but having a "Search the current forum" button somewhere would make it much easier to, well, search specific forums or subforums. Currently, limiting a search to a specific forum/subforum is a bit of a pain due to the combination of small selection boxes and the sheer number of subforums there are.

15. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Have all of the Image links been corrected?
    Unit images that were Uploaded to the Download Database do not show until the unit is clicked to view the Uploaded Unit where it can be downloaded.
    Only see faded gear images in the Database with small user icons.

16. Thunderfall

For new uploads, does it show the image automatically or you need to set the image manually?

17. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Administrator Supporter

18. Vuldacon

Thunderfall... I have not uploaded a Unit since the Change. Before, the image uploaded after uploading the Unit is what showed in the Database.
    Now that same image is only seen when you go to download the unit and the Database shows the faded gear image with small member icon.

19. Thunderfall

Can you try a new upload and see? I can help delete it afterward if needed.

20. Vuldacon

Thunderfall... OK, I will try a New Upload to see. I will use the same Delivery Wagon Unit named "Test Delivery Wagon" and you can delete it after the test.

Edite... I do Not see where to Upload ... No Buttons or Links in the Database Units?