France reworked.

If you look around Lyon theres about 3 built Chataeus and the fact that Portugal has not a single one yet France has about 4 is a VERY big coincidence unless it is truly a UI which some are denying.

That's a pretty big assumption. That indeterminate object which people have taken to calling a Chateau, even though we have no idea if that's what it's called, could be anything. The fact that we see a few of them in French territory does not mean it is unique to the French. We don't know anything about it yet.

That's a pretty big assumption. That indeterminate object which people have taken to calling a Chateau, even though we have no idea if that's what it's called, could be anything. The fact that we see a few of them in French territory does not mean it is unique to the French. We don't know anything about it yet.

Well exactly why would France have so many in such a small amount of land yet Portugal have none in a much larger piece of land?
And that fact it looks almost exactly like a Chataeu and the French have been seen to be constructing it in vast quantities and noone else has at all is a bit strange, wouldn't you agree?
Its already been looked at by the devs aswell, the French have a Chataeu UB in the Renaissance Scenario in G&K.

It does kind of look like a grown-up trading post, now that you mention it...

Well exactly why would France have so many in such a small amount of land yet Portugal have none in a much larger piece of land?
And that fact it looks almost exactly like a Chataeu and the French have been seen to be constructing it in vast quantities and noone else has at all is a bit strange, wouldn't you agree?
Its already been looked at by the devs aswell, the French have a Chataeu UB in the Renaissance Scenario in G&K.

France could be going for a cultural victory while Portugal is not. :mischief:

Here's a phrase that doesn't get used often enough around here: I don't know. I don't know anything about it. I don't know what it is, or what it's doing there, or what it's called. I don't know why the images they've chosen to release to us have them existing only in French territory. Maybe it's a new French UI. Maybe it's a new general improvement that the Portuguese don't have the technology for. Maybe they placed them in France because they liked the way it looked for their staged exhibition images. I don't know. And neither does anyone else here.

It does kind of look like a grown-up trading post, now that you mention it...

I was going to say, that of all the previews today, there are no trading posts anywhere that I've seen!!!!
I was thinking that this Chateau thing/whatever is some kind of tease at new trading post dynamics. Maybe they are a French UI though, who knows. I just think it's a sign that we haven't seen any trading posts in previews yet. We do have that fortified/townish looking trading post in the poster. So, I think TPs are going to get revamped some how with the trading system.

Personally I would miss the FFL, I really liked that unit.:sad:

Me too. Even having the Pictish swordsman devalue it was a bummer.

Also, I can see why they changed the UA, I just hope its powerful enough. (edit: I liked France having such a powerful UA when the game came out.)

Here's a phrase that doesn't get used often enough around here: I don't know. I don't know anything about it. I don't know what it is, or what it's doing there, or what it's called. I don't know why the images they've chosen to release to us have them existing only in French territory. Maybe it's a new French UI. Maybe it's a new general improvement that the Portuguese don't have the technology for. Maybe they placed them in France because they liked the way it looked for their staged exhibition images. I don't know. And neither does anyone else here.

Right. We don't know. I don't know.

What do I do when I don't know something? I tend to speculate. I tend to use the information that is presented to me to extrapolate some explanations. I tend to discuss the merits and possibilities of those explanations and, if I have others available to discuss the topic with, I tend to bounce ideas off of them.

If some of those ideas become far-fetched or stray into the realm of pure speculation? So be it. Not like anyone's life is on the line.

If you look around Lyon theres about 3 built Chataeus and the fact that Portugal has not a single one yet France has about 4 is a VERY big coincidence unless it is truly a UI which some are denying.
Oh, that. I just figured it was some kind of resource tile improvement.

I'm more interested about the improvement that Portugal worker is standing on in the city-state. A proto-feitoria?

Its kinda obvious its a French UI... The question is, what does it do? Add culture to a tile? Like a mini-Great Artist tile improvement or something?

Its kinda obvious its a French UI... The question is, what does it do? Add culture to a tile? Like a mini-Great Artist tile improvement or something?

A culture bonus might be stepping onto Polynesia's Moai a bit. I think it's more likely to buff France's Tourism even more, maybe with a gold bonus on the side.

For the most part, we've had to speculate based off the dribs and drabs of info that's leaked. And it was understood it was information-starved speculation. That's inconvenient at the moment because we've actually had a significant info dump, but the cynic in me predicts that we toggle from feast to famine mode again soon enough. :)

Chateau is just French for castle so anyone playing in French would have chateau buildings and chateau improvements :p

I'm not too comfortable with this being a possible French UI. I liked both of France's UU and would be saddened to see one of them go.

I'm not too comfortable with this being a possible French UI. I liked both of France's UU and would be saddened to see one of them go.

This is why we must hope there is a 3rd UU that has been hidden so far.

I don't know that I want to see a third unique element. There are plenty of civs that I could think of thirds for that would be awesome, but they kind of had to strain to get two for some of them as it is.

Top Bottom