Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If that happens, just PM the moderator who issued the infraction and point out the date/timestamp on the post and include a reminder that the certain subject was not forbidden at the time it was originally posted. The moderator should then reverse the infraction and issue a nice apology.
Heh. "Should".

What happens if two mods infract a user at the same time? Do they get canceled one? Does one get retracted? Does an error pop up?

If it's for two different posts, nothing. If two mods are infracting the same post at the same time, then an error pops up to the mod who was last in infracting as you can only infract a post once.

That happened a couple of times when I was a moderator. As I recall, I got an error message because the other moderator was just a teensy bit faster than I was. Unless the forum is glitched somehow, or there is some other odd thing happening, it should be impossible for two moderators to infract the same person at the same time.

So its impossible to get double-infracted for one post, thats what I wanted to know.

I'm not sure what would happen if the moderator gave a custom infraction via the user's profile page. But under normal circumstances, it is impossible to get double-infracted for one post.

If that happens, just PM the moderator who issued the infraction and point out the date/timestamp on the post and include a reminder that the certain subject was not forbidden at the time it was originally posted. The moderator should then reverse the infraction and issue a nice apology.

An what if the rules have not changed, merely the perception of them?

I am thinking of what is defined as "suitable" for this forum.. keeps shifting without warning...

Well when I posted that I was thinking about a very specific rule that doesn't really apply to most members. It's better if I say nothing more.

Why can't I find the old "1000 clues you've played civII too much" thread?

I tried using the search, but it only returned the Civ IV "1000 clues" thread. :(

Here. If a search for 'x + y' doesn't work, it can be helpful to true 'x' and 'y' in their own, in this case restricting the search to the Civ2 forums.

I quoted a post that had the hash symbol and it appeared altered.

#

Hmm. It's not doing it here. But it did in this post/thread:

(^ :LOL: that's an image/screenshot, sorry for poor cropping decision)

What's goin' on?

I quoted a post that had the hash symbol and it appeared altered.

#

Hmm. It's not doing it here. But it did in this post/thread:

(^ :LOL: that's an image/screenshot, sorry for poor cropping decision)

What's goin' on?

#This is as TEST#

edit ~ Yup, did it for me too

I see it in your screenshot, but not if I look at the post directly. :dunno:

THIS IS A TEST ## THAT IS ALL

AH, OK, If you look above ^ you will see the symbol-alteration I am talking about. But if I use tags to alter the font, nothing happens but changing the color something does, see: ## ##

Well if you look at Abaddon's post, he quote my # character and it changed. And check what I did while messing around in your quoted post.

I put some noparse tags around the quote if you want to check it out below.

Spoiler :
[quote="Padma, post: 10945489"]I see it in your screenshot, but not if I look at the post directly. :dunno:

THIS IS A TEST ## THAT IS ALL

AH, OK, If you look above ^ you will see the symbol-alteration I am talking about. But if I use tags to alter the font, nothing happens but changing the color something does, see: [B]## [/B][COLOR="Red"]##[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I see the regular pound sign on my end in the post. But if it's quoted it turns into the other thing. Maybe because of the italics?

###

EDIT: If other people see the other thing there I think its the italics.

## (bold)
## (italic)
## (bold + italic)

Ah, thanks Aimee. Good catch :goodjob: I guess quoted posts get italicized and generic quote tags don't?

The quoted posts get italized I think.

Top Bottom