From the species that produced Care Bears

Pangur Bán;11133212 said:
Now I'm lost ...

The guy in the article was not found until he committed his act, so what's our assurance that our current system would find similar people out? (or that a new system would fare better). We could also discuss the issue of more refined variants becoming a part of that system.

The guy in the article was not found until he committed his act, so what's our assurance that our current system would find similar people out? (or that a new system would fare better). We could also discuss the issue of more refined variants becoming a part of that system.

You don't have a fuctional system, that was my point. My point about the photograph was that he didn't exactly make an effort to conceal himself. And the point about deinstitutionalization and its related processes is that the system has access to enough info, but doesn't use it because it has been starved of funding. The perpetrator already had a history of mental illness, but was left floating about the streets with other insane and poor people.

Pangur Bán;11133248 said:
You don't have a fuctional system ... but doesn't use it because it has been starved of funding. The perpetrator already had a history of mental illness, but was left floating about the streets with other insane and poor people.

Now why might that be?

As a side point: The guy in the photographs is not necessarily the sort of person I'm talking about, but he could be.

I've only barely been keeping up but is someone suggesting that someone should be committed to a mental hospital based on a photograph?

Thankfully, the dude was too stupid to put his face mask on his face.
He was the one who spontaneously went to the police and surrendered himself. Hiding himself was probably not among his intentions.

Top Bottom