Python Performance and Interface Overhaul (PPIO)

The new font does not work at the screen resolution I use. It takes up too much space.

edit I am disappointed that I can't get a full list of technologies or units. How am I supposed to know what era they are in?

Last edited:
The new font does not work at the screen resolution I use. It takes up too much space.

edit I am disappointed that I can't get a full list of technologies or units. How am I supposed to know what era they are in?
What resolution you have?
For me it works nicely at 1280x1024
Spoiler :

Also I guess Hitler leader needs to be removed for mod to be legal in Germany :p

Not in the pedia screens in the play screens. I'll see if I can get a screenshot.

He only needs to be turned off with a note saying how to turn him back on OR vice versa.

I can't replicate it now. Probably it was one off random glitch.
Also where is content count index?
I figured out how to replicate it. If you exit the pedia by hitting the enter key the pedia wouldn't shut down correctly and would malfunction the next time you open it. fixed and will soon be uploaded.

The index entry count is located in the middle of the top panel when you are in the index.

v0.5.3

• Fixed upgrade trees not working
  • Improved the quality of the pedia background picture
  • Made the pedia shut down correctly if you exit it by hitting the enter key.

Last edited:
There are two problems.

The first is that the new font bleeds together making it more difficult for someone like me to read. It is a pity I can't use that font designed for dyslexics it works a treat.

The second is not the font but that the space between lines has grown somehow to almost twice the distance.​

There are two problems.

The first is that the new font bleeds together making it more difficult for someone like me to read. It is a pity I can't use that font designed for dyslexics it works a treat.

The second is not the font but that the space between lines has grown somehow to almost twice the distance.​
I will try to change the font type to something other than Sylfaen.... is there a specific font you like DH?

Spoiler Comic Sans MS :
Not used in this modmod, just an example of a different font.
Untitled-1.jpg

Not used in this modmod, just an example of a different font.
there is an "all era" sub category for them both, technology even has a chronology sub category that sort them by tech tree position rather than alphabetically.

Last edited:
Hi,

Very excited about this full screen Sevopedia project, but when I attempted to test your mod just now (both v0.5.2.1 and v0.5.3) I am getting the following error; "GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme" and then the Civ 4 BtS v3.19 game just crashes.

Any Suggestions?

Cheers.

It should be possible to seperate them to a new sub-category, but it may be harder to list them together if they do not start with the same letter.
Could you group them together by specialbuildingtype?

Hi,

Very excited about this full screen Sevopedia project, but when I attempted to test your mod just now (both v0.5.2.1 and v0.5.3) I am getting the following error; "GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme" and then the Civ 4 BtS v3.19 game just crashes.

Any Suggestions?

Cheers.
Make sure that your C2C folder is named Caveman2Cosmos and that it is located in beyondthesword/mods/Caveman2Cosmos and that there is an Assets folder within the Caveman2Cosmos folder.

there is an "all era" sub category for them both, technology even has a chronology sub category that sort them by tech tree position rather than alphabetically.
Both of which are off the screen. I would have thought they would be more useful than the era ones so would be above them. Or have a second "menu set" in between.

I am currently trying to figure out why when I fix the Machu Picchu problem I am getting no units displayed at all :eek:

edit bah humbug - no error messages in debug either and still no units in the pedia either at main menu or in game :( Oh well it will have to wait - many appointments today.

Both of which are off the screen. I would have thought they would be more useful than the era ones so would be above them. Or have a second "menu set" in between.
There is a scroll bar, isn't it? I get one for both categories and sub categories at low resolutions.
I can move it to the top anyhow.
I am currently trying to figure out why when I fix the Machu Picchu problem I am getting no units displayed at all :eek:
In the pedia or in-game?

Last edited:
In the pedia or in-game?
Both. Pedia in game the units are there and can be used. There were a number of eIndex =-1 and eIndex=0 errors when I closed the pedia. At least I think it was eIndex

It appears to be a problem in where I added the dependency code for Mammoths to build Andean improvements. I put it in Andean but that is loaded before Mammoths so should never be active. It should not be causing problems though.

There are some interesting logs I will look at but I will be late if I don't leave now.

@Harrier: You are an XP user, right?
Could you check this modmod out and tell me if the fonts are working for you or not?
I'm not sure that XP is equipped with the font I used, and would appreciate some certainty on the point.

If it is not working I suspect all font will be really small and somewhat clunky in appearance, that it reverts to a default font and font size if the font is defined wrong in the theme file.
If that happens I want you to download and install this font and see if the modmod font looks any better.

Attachments

• Cambria.7z
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
@Harrier: You are an XP user, right?
Could you check this modmod out and tell me if the fonts are working for you or not?
I'm not sure that XP is equipped with the font I used, and would appreciate some certainty on the point.

If it is not working I suspect all font will be really small and somewhat clunky in appearance, that it reverts to a default font and font size if the font is defined wrong in the theme file.
If that happens I want you to download and install this font and see if the modmod font looks any better.

Will do, but it will be Monday before I can.

Top Bottom