Future Update - Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to prefer 'older' civs, from a learning point of view I haven't as much knowledge of History as people here, then there is the classic charm of it. Also they also tend to be more powerful as earlier is better in civ.

If we are getting more content that include Scenarios, I do hope we get a Into the Renaissance and Conquest of the New World remakes... they were fun in pretty much every iteration of the game that they appeared in I think.

otherwise I'm making my own versions !

Civ7 should may/should/will have higher system requirements the Civ6. Larger maps more texture, 3D?, more power for better AI.

And who exactly would play it, scientists at CERN? Civ 6 is already hella hungry as it is tbh, you need some customers to buy the game too and they need to be able to run it.

And who exactly would play it, scientists at CERN? Civ 6 is already hella hungry as it is tbh, you need some customers to buy the game too and they need to be able to run it.

I currently run the game with an i7 6700k processor (4 years old) and a cheap 500 gb SSD. I cant quite stumach huge maps but on the second largest map it runs quite smooth on the last 2 era’s. Can imagine people would be able to play it on huge maps with this setup. I would say civ 6 is not that taxing on my system. My 10 year old pc is able to run standard maps quite effectively (i7 2600k). I would say civ 6 is not that tough on hardware requirements. Even do the AI performance is quite weak of course.
Standard maps seem to be big enough to have a decent gaming experience. Even do you can’t quite feel that the whole earth is competing against you on standard earth maps. It size is a bit small. Huge does not feel more exciting then large as exploring the map feels like a chore and you wont really get to the other half of the globe with your civilization anyway.

AI is a big failing of the civ series , it is not that it is actually CPU or ram hungry either. The AI for civ is just programmed to be easy going.
Just look at some games of Stardock. Their AI is light years ahead and they have massive maps and still similar computer requirements.

AI is simply not a priority , well actually it never was , even some modders are able to improve the AI vastly.
Do you honestly believe a huge firm and an even bigger publisher could not improve AI better than some modders , who do this out of love in their spare time , if they wished?
The effort simply does not generate "enough" money & customer compared to this sorry excuse we have at the moment. As long as there are no real competition that does a decent AI and starts to have an impact on the CIV franchise sales numbers , this wont change either

AI is a big failing of the civ series , it is not that it is actually CPU or ram hungry either. The AI for civ is just programmed to be easy going.
Just look at some games of Stardock. Their AI is light years ahead and they have massive maps and still similar computer requirements.

AI is simply not a priority , well actually it never was , even some modders are able to improve the AI vastly.
Do you honestly believe a huge firm and an even bigger publisher could not improve AI better than some modders , who do this out of love in their spare time , if they wished?
The effort simply does not generate "enough" money & customer compared to this sorry excuse we have at the moment. As long as there are no real competition that does a decent AI and starts to have an impact on the CIV franchise sales numbers , this wont change either
Well...One of the proofs how much they care about their costumers is when they in 2010 PROMISED a 64 bit version of Civ5. Even after 10 years they are not even thinking about it.

A 64 bit version of Civ 5 WOULD MEAN A LOT TO THEIR COSTUMERS since the product they released can't play huge,giant maps without CTD in the late game. Basically we are playing an unfinished game the last 10 years.

Moderator Action: This thread is about Civ6, please take these issues to the Civ5 forums. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
a possibility could be that there are going to be 4 small dlcs, one per continent: Asia, Europe, Africa, and the Americas.
in Asia i would put Vietnam and Babylon, even though i would have liked to see Siam aswell,
in Europe i would put Portugal and Italy, also Byzantium, it depends on how big these dlcs are going to be, since i'd thought that italy should have two leaders.
in Africa i would put Morocco and Ethiopia,
in the Americas i would put Maya and a Native north american tribe, i personally liked the iroquois, but other tribes are available.

I really don't know how big firaxis want these dlcs to be, because there are still a lot of civs left out, i hope we'll have clarity soon
I could see this working and would rather take this approach, instead of what I mentioned earlier, as I would prefer more Civs> alt leaders>scenarios. Vietnam and Assyria/Babylon as an Asian Civ DLC wouldn't come with a good scenario though, but I'd prefer it.

If we are getting more content that include Scenarios, I do hope we get a Into the Renaissance and Conquest of the New World remakes... they were fun in pretty much every iteration of the game that they appeared in I think.

otherwise I'm making my own versions !
Well Portugal would be perfect to introduce alongside those scenarios.

Better modding tools, for troubleshooting errors with mods that are (soft or hard) incompatible with one or several other mods in your load-order, would be nice.
Wish it was easier to make "mod-packs", and still a easy way for mod-authors to update their mods. CQUI tried, but was down with broken back after each Firaxis Update. 120+ mods makes my rig with 5280K and 1080ti (both watercooled), sweat.
Civ6 is a good game as a baseline, but the mods makes it worth playing.

How nice would it be if the mod-user could take every (for example) UI mod they felt for, and merged it to "their" UI-mod, with no errors, glitches, etc? Of course you still need to subscribe to each individual mod on steam as before. But you can merge mods in same category, in your end.

Kubla Khan as an alternative leader for Mongolia and China with a LUA that lets him keep and build UI/UB/UD and maybe UU of conquered civs would bee really cool but probaly hard to balance.

Personally I think it's a horrible idea to put conquerors of one civilization as leaders of another civ in game.
Just because someone ruled another country/civilization for a while doesn't make him/her a good leader for the civ they conquered.
Unless that civilization adopted him as one of their own. But I don't think Chinese people consider him a great Chinese leader.
Eleanor was a special case and I don't think you can find many others who are acceptable for two or more civilizations.
A dual monarchy like Hungary-Austria maybe, but even then only if acceptable for the Hungarians as the leaders were clearly Austrian.

Kubla Khan as an alternative leader for Mongolia and China with a LUA that lets him keep and build UI/UB/UD and maybe UU of conquered civs would bee really cool but probaly hard to balance.

If there was an odd dual leader combo this time around (rather than or along with a standard option like Ramses for Egypt) I would put money on a classic Byzantine leader being added to Rome, that being said, I wouldn't mind Kubla Khan being a 2nd for the Mongols

Why do people want Constantine as a Roman Leader though? For flavour, because gameplay- wise i cant make it work. The legion seems ill-fitting and the Roman Civ and Leader bonus have a high synergy which you destroy by adding something religious on there. You also can't really add the fire ships, horse racing, bureaucracy and so on.

I do see Kublai as both a leader for China and Mongolia though: you can do nice things with the leader abilities in both regards. Concerns of sensitivities and historical realities would be second tier here.

I would prefer a Vietnam + second Chinese leader + (South) East Asia scenario.

Im now leaning to free patches + a series of DLC with Civs, Leaders, Scenarios and the odd new unit/natural and other wonder.

What i would love also is a DLC that gives every civ a new unique. But thats probably dreaming :)

Why do people want Constantine as a Roman Leader though? For flavour, because gameplay- wise i cant make it work. The legion seems ill-fitting and the Roman Civ and Leader bonus have a high synergy which you destroy by adding something religious on there. You also can't really add the fire ships, horse racing, bureaucracy and so on.

I mean it’s not like Gandhi was renowned for his use of war elephants, or Barbarossa was particularly fond of submarine warfare either...Many of the UUs have little to do with the leader.

I agree the challenge is creating new synergies but just because Trajan works so well doesn’t mean that they couldn’t try to shake things up.

what time today would the announce a hint (if they do it today)? I kind of remeber them realaisng stuff 16.00 CET, but I can be wrong about that.

It is more fun having two unique units instead of one, but I think hard to have an extra unit for every Civ.

Most would be Buildings and Improvements: Easier to design graphically and to balance. The idea is to spread the unique more over time.

I mean it’s not like Gandhi was renowned for his use of war elephants, or Barbarossa was particularly fond of submarine warfare either...Many of the UUs have little to do with the leader.

I agree the challenge is creating new synergies but just because Trajan works so well doesn’t mean that they couldn’t try to shake things up.

No, but if I want to play Byzantines, I want to have Dromons and Cataphracts, Walls and a strong Religion. Just so different from what Rome currently offers gameplay and flavour-wise at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom