1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Update - Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefiantMars

DefiantMars King

That actually sounds rather compelling. What shape do you think Italy would take in terms of gameplay focus?

Well, I do continue to see people request a better system for Amenities. I don't think Riots would be too far of a stretch if the highs and lows were made more extreme.

2. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I can mainly see a cultural/tourism focus but I can also see bonuses toward trade, religion, science and production as well. The other bonuses would probably depend on
    the leader and possibly make it to where each of the cities have a specialty bonus based on the first type of specialty district it constructed.
    Like a scientific city: Universities gain Great Engineer points and tourism based off of campus adjacency bonuses.
    This would make them be like independent city-states while being part of the same Civ.

679x likes this.
  3. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Jesus. Yes please!

Can it come with a Patch that tweaks Colonial Expansion generally and the Colonial Focused Civs too? eg Netherlands, Spain, England.

Imagine if we got a Third Expansion that introduced Corporations but more in the mode of Dutch East India Company, and Vassals and Colonies, and then we got a Italy + Portugal + NW Scenario. That would be pretty awesome.

679x and durfal like this.
  4. VermelhoRed

VermelhoRed Prince

Imo, the best way to portrait Italy would be to have it like Greece, with two different leaders representing two cities, maybe a Medici for Florence and a Sforza for Milan (we got Venice last Civ, let's vary)

And a good alt leader for Germany would be Maria Theresa, which would represent Austria without needing to add a whole new civ. Her ability could also very easily mirror Redbeard's, giving benefits to befriending minor civs.

altayrneto and Zaarin like this.
  5. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I'm torn on this. I really, really want Maria Theresa in Civ6, and I'm okay with her being an alternate leader for Germany--but if we're only going to see one more alternate leader I'd rather see a new leader for Egypt (and then China). I'd also like to see Austria as its own civ--but it's considerably lower on the priority list for me than some other civs that are missing.

6. Patine

Patine Deity

You're back! :)

Zaarin likes this.
  7. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I am! :D

Jkchart, Kjimmet, RohirrimElf and 3 others like this.
  8. DefiantMars

DefiantMars King

I've been trying to keep my expectations fairly modular, based on the number of updates to the Depot and past precedent established by DLCs. Full expansions have come with 8 new civs and 1 alternate leader. DLCs are either 1 or 2 new civs with a scenario. So I've been trying to frame my hopes around these parameters.

To anybody that is getting their hopes up fro a massive slew of new Civs, the most we could possibly get is likely 14 Civs AT MAXIMUM if my math checks out. 8 Civs +1 Alternate Leader plus up to 6 Civs from the remaining three DLC slots. That would make the content: Expansion + DLC+ DLC+ DLC

It has been over a year since we got an expansion and Firaxis has been rather proactive about updating Civ6, so I wouldn't be surprised if something quite substantial is in fact coming Soon(TM). Therefore, my intuition suggests that we are highly likely to get Scenario packs. 4 to 8 Civilizations if they're Civ+Scenario or Civ+Civ+Scenario packs. I currently remain skeptical about there possibility of there being a full Expansion, but I would absolutely love to be wrong.

If we DO get a third expansion, I would like to see a Religion overhaul and new Economic mechanics. I've seen quite a number of discussion wanting to see these two sectors of gameplay updated, which makes a lot of sense to me. They would also be great subjects of a base game update as well. Thematically, I have a mental correlation between money and faith due to tithes as well as other forms of offerings made to higher powers.

If we get a version of Corporations, I would definitely like for them to stretch back a decent ways to make them relevant for more of the game, going back to Guilds in some form. Although if Trade was a big part of the update, I would actually expect Portugal to be part of the mains civs and not one of the DLCs. I definitely support the idea of buffing Spain (Philip specifically) regardless of whether or not we even get DLC. I imagine that Phoenicia would potentially see an update to the Mediterranean Colonies ability as well since it deal with continental splits.

On the note of controlling Cities on another continent, how do we feel collectively about reintroducing Puppet Cities?

Well, I would certainly consider that a hot take. I like the idea of unifying Italy mechanically like that and that degree of flexibility would be nothing to scoff at. There would need to be some kid of indicator as to what is being boosted, both behind the scenes and a visual indicator to players for usability. But the result would be interesting. Different leaders could drastically change the way a Civ ability like that could provide. Now I'm very curious as to what this Italy would look like?

On a tangential note regarding city specializations, I hope that Citizen Slots get improved somehow.

9. ArallanKing

ArallanKing Warlord

What if, just what if,
    these new DLCs would be in Game Packs form.

If any of you familiar with the Sims 4, you'd be familiar with their DLC system of Big Expansion Packs, Medium Game Packs, and Small Stuff packs.
    It'd be awesome if Firaxis follow this system of DLC.

Let's say,
    Big Expansion Packs would include 8 Leaders, 7 new civs,new victory type, and whole bunch of new mechanic systems.
    Medium Game Packs would include like 3 new civs & leaders with a new mechanic system.
    Small Leader Packs would include only 2 new leaders/civs and perhaps a scenario thrown in.

This would hype Civ6 even more imho.

679x, Hawke9 and drakula15 like this.
  10. Timothy001

Timothy001 Prince

I've been rethinking my earlier suggestion. The first depot, could be alt leaders, say 5: 3 from Vanilla, 1 from the DLCs, and 1 from R&F. They already have 10 hidden achievements, 1 for wining as alt leader, 1 for doing something special with them. The second depot, could be similar to the first, 5 alt leaders. The third depot could be expansion 3. At this point its pure guesswork, but you never know.

bite likes this.
  11. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

I'm skeptical of an alt-leader pack, just because the leaders are the most expensive part of creating a civilization, but then we are in uncharted territory here.

679x, Inawordyes, Kjimmet and 5 others like this.
  12. XX36789

XX36789 Chieftain

I'm thinking its 4 medium sized DLCs that fill in the 9 empty spaces in the Hall of Fame.

13. Jkchart

Jkchart Emperor

Seconded on all of this. Maria Theresa deserves to return, even moreso as an Austrian leader...but there are other really COOL options they could add other than bringing back Austria...ugh just keep adding MOAR content Firaxis

679x, Alexander's Hetaroi and Zaarin like this.
  14. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

honestly i kind of hope that civ 7 is back to one leader per civ, covers more ground that way

15. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Is there anything we look forward to regarding the steam depots? Something that would trigger a new announcement fast? Say if runner gets filled up.

16. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Presuming this will be more similar to an expansion rather than a simple DLC, the Steam activities don't really predict when an announcement will be made, because the Steam activities point to release and there's still a lot of activity between announcement and release. Announcements are designed with marketing sensibilities in mind.

Zaarin and RohirrimElf like this.
  17. Pitohui

Pitohui Chieftain

I think for modding purposes they should at least keep the possibility

679x likes this.
  18. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I just think you'd be able to make cleaner more straight forward civ designs without splitting up the abilities between civ and leader.

19. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Can it be, that these are the new modding tools for Civ 6 ?

Moderator Action: Moved to Speculation thread. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2020
    679x and ghost88 like this.
  20. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

I'm fine with any ammount of Alt Leaders so as long as we get at least 2 new Civs so that Civ6 have more Civilizations (currently 42) then it's predicesor of Civ5 (43)

However of course I would love even more new Civs then that! The Civs are the most intresting part to me as that's where the music, unqiue units and infustructure lies; and therefore the more intresting stratagies and playstyles in most cases.

Jkchart, RohirrimElf and Zaarin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.