1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Update - Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Warlord

I really, really hope so! Not only better tools and DLLs-files for mod-creators, but also tools for mod-users. Troubleshooting, merging of mods, etc.
    Civ6 us a OK game, but the mods makes it a great game!

679x and ghost88 like this.
  2. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

I remember that image at Twitter with those liquor bottles for mixing a cocktail. Well, with the modding tools you can mix your own 'cocktail' of Civ 6. Additionally they said in January, that they are still working on those tools.

So in my eyes it would make some sense that these 'actions' at Steam could be the new modding tools for Civ 6. :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    ghost88 likes this.
  3. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Doesn't make sense that they would use depots for the tools. And not just update the current Development Kit we already have. Depots means a seperate download.

It also almost insuniates that they'd be a DLC for... a Devleopment Kit...

Laurana Kanan and pokiehl like this.
  4. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

The Development Kit is (currently) for windows user only.

5. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Warlord

As I see it, proper modding-tools and DLLs should be a separate download, since not everybody would think of using it. And with the DLC function, you could just deactivate it, so it doesn't load when you run the game. Proper tools would rage havoc on low-end computers, since it in a sense more decompressed and open version of the game. And Dev.Kit are today a separate download.

6. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Warlord

Oh snap! I saw some mod over at Workshop updated with Changelog "Updated for compatibility with Commerce Expansion"
    And when asked what that was about, the answer was: "You'll see soonTM :)"

Maybe the mod author is cooking something up, and making a new mod, or FXS are involving the mod community in this new "thing around the corner"

jgsb2001 likes this.
  7. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

It's not my mod but I figure this is worth nipping in the bud right now - the mod author JNR is referring to his own series of mods. He's working on a "Commerce Expansion" mod that makes changes to the Commercial Hub and Harbor.

Firaxis does not collaborate with the modding community with regards to their future plans.

Just don't want a baseless rumor to start.

679x, Ondolindë, Smity2k1 and 12 others like this.
  8. JNR13

JNR13 Chieftain

That one. Source: that was me.

9. Codeword Iroquois

Codeword Iroquois Warlord

An alternate leader for Canada could be John Macdonald, with leader ability referencing the completion of the railroad- maybe an earlier unlock, or better/earlier mountain passes.(What with getting through the Rockies and all)

10. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Moderator Action: Two posts deleted for being off topic and/or inappropriate. In future, please discuss the topic and not the poster, it is trolling to do so.

11. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Warlord

My apologize, to everybody. Was not my intention to mislead you all.
    Thank you @pokiehl and @JNR13, for debunking this. We know nothing, so false rumors can easily get a foothold, if not dealt with right away.
    I hope I didn't offend anybody, and I will exercise more caution in the future.

Please accept my sincere apologize.

679x, Inawordyes, jgsb2001 and 3 others like this.
  12. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Just asked Sarah Darney to tell us what is happening civ 6 related. Have used a begging cute red kitten. It should work :lol:

Jkchart, WorldWarIV, 679x and 11 others like this.
  13. Jimdigriz

Jimdigriz Prince

I cant be the only one to think that Rome needs more than just one leader in the game?! Where is Julius Caesar? Or Augustus come to that?

Ill be honest - wading through all the leaders for a new game the other day, I hadn't actually heard of quite a few of them. It didn't help that a lot of them had traits I just didn't think I wanted or needed. Yeah I'm addicted again though after a long long break!

RohirrimElf likes this.
  14. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Well, I don't know if you're the only one that wants another leader for Rome, but I can't say I would be excited to have another leader for them. What is another Leader going to bring to the game that Trajan doesn't bring already?

I think the front runner for a new Leader is China, because the current leader has a very narrow focus and there a lots of different and interesting directions FXS could take China. The other candidate is Egypt, although I'm not totally clear what new directions Egypt could go. I think America also has a good case for an Alt Leader, again because Teddy is way too narrow and there are lots of interesting directions they could take America.

It's a mystery what FXS are doing, but I could also see room for a DLC down the line that focuses on "Classic" Leaders. Top of my list would be Elizabeth 1, Sun King or Napoleon for France, Isabella for Spain and Wei Tian for China.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  15. Patine

Patine Deity

I would love to see Charles de Galle or Henri IV (Bon Roi Henri) for France, the Taizong Emperor for China, Constantine I for Rome, Sobeknefru, Hatshepsut, Rameses II, or Menes for Egypt (REAL Egyptian rulers, not a dressed up Greco-Macedonian poser), Bhai Mani Singh or Shivaji for India (or Indira Gandhi if you want a Gandhi who really lives up to "nuclear memes," as the Smiling Buddha Nuclear Test was conducted under her tenure), or Abraham Lincoln for America.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  16. Guynemer

Guynemer King

I'd rather have a republican leader (other than ol' JC, because Rome was hardly a republic anymore at that point) or an Eastern Empire leader; either one could change Roman gameplay more than another traditional Western Emperor.

17. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm pretty sure Sarah isn't on the Civ team anymore. I think she's working on another secret project.

Jkchart, CPWimmer, tedhebert and 4 others like this.
  18. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Though I doubt that we will get this many alt leaders here are my top picks.
    Lenin for Russia: I'd like to see what they would do with a Soviet Era leader.
    Maria Theresa for Germany: It's a stretch but I don't think Austria is on the top of the list to make it in the game, and I'd rather have her than Austria with a different leader.
    Justinian for Rome: I know he lead the Byzantine Empire, but I've worked out a scenario where they could release him as a leader for both.
    Djoser for Egypt: Because another unique governor in Imhotep would be cool.
    I think China would need one but I don't have a preference. An emperor that promoted science and someone scientifically oriented would be interesting to differentiate from the cultural/wonder building Qin.

I don't expect 3 alt leaders for a Civ but if I had my choice:
    Louis XIV for France
    Elizabeth I for England (Churchill would be nice but Victoria already represents the British Empire aspect)

19. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

In Soviet Russia, you don't annex cities, cities annex you...

20. Patine

Patine Deity

Difference of course being that Churchill actually led and governed the Empire, and made actual decisions, and wasn't just a ceremonial symbol... :S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.