1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Update - Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordfistas

lordfistas Chieftain

According to updated config for 2kqa_d: launch/30/config/betakey: 2kqa_d and that the Tuesday/Thursdays are in most cases for reveal new exp/dlc, I assume we can be surprise tomorrow. This beta can has something to do with Xbox event.
    Check latest Phil Spencer tweet according xbox event:
    "Excited for the kickstart of Xbox 20/20 tomorrow with Inside Xbox. Especially love that all games have never been seen in an Xbox show before. New games for a new generation, studios large and small. Lots more thru the summer (...)"

Hawke9 likes this.
  2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I don't think what we are seeing on SteamDB is tied to the Xbox show. But there's a chance it could be shown tomorrow or next week.

Hawke9, CPWimmer and RohirrimElf like this.
  3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Prince

Take it from one who knows a little about game development, the leader graphics like in civ6 cost a ton. Easily among the most expensive to do.

conorbebe, Inawordyes, bbbt and 5 others like this.
  4. Jeppetto

Jeppetto King

Oh, I assumed it was only changing some assets or stuff that shows on current launcher, didn't look into it deep.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  5. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger King

You say it is "likely" that civs are not greenlit past early development, yet you give no reasons why this is likely. Georgia's inclusion in the game, which was inspired by memes that arose after the early development period of vanilla, would suggest this isn't the case.

Your entire argument is based on the premise that there are already alt leaders secretly in development, but you have no evidence of this beyond your own wishful thinking. Asking your critics to prove a negative, in this case that there are no alt leaders already in development, only further demonstrates how weak your argument is.

Music composition is by no means cheap, but anyone who has experience with modern game development can tell you how absurdly expensive art assets are, especially animated assets. Getting a model to look good on modern computers is oppressively time consuming. Music can't be rushed, but it is rarely the bottleneck in the development process.

6. Stalagna

Stalagna Chieftain

In new content, I'd like to see some new spy missions. One specific one I'd want is a "Strategic Resources Heist" option in an enemy encampment district. Nothing worse than not having access to the resources you need for your units in the mid and late game. I think the espionage system could also make the diplomatic victory a bit more engaging. Possibly some kind of mission in the government plaza that aids with diplomatic favor or something. Or a mission that if successful can trigger an immediate vote in the World Congress for victory points.

Inawordyes, nzcamel, Meluhhan and 4 others like this.
  7. Pistol90

Pistol90 Prince

Also one thing which will be HUGE disappointment for all of us I believe is if they dont fix crashes on large maps. Not being able to play Giant Earth is very,very hard thing to swallow, other earth maps looks really akward -- you need that 180x94 size to have feeling like earth geography --- this really needs to be fixed.

Jkchart and Xefjord like this.
  8. Kwami

Kwami Deity

I suspect that fixing an unsupported mod is not a top priority for the developers. Much better to spend time fixing the broken things in the core game (e.g. the pantheon bug) and adding new content. If they can also fix the giant maps, well, great. But don't bet on it.

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

And that's why they have a ton of artists and one part-time AI programmer.

While modders have one fantastic artist (hi @sukritact !) and a ton of request for a better AI.

Guess which part is locked to modding ?

10. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Prince

I'm sure Shaun has not forgotten the modders. But he is one man. :)

Gedemon and Hawke9 like this.
  11. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

The latest unnamed DLC does not show up in the Depot list, unlike the other four.

12. Gedemon

I don't bet on it either, but I do hope there are enough customers buggering them about that to make it at least a low-middle-list priority. It was working exceptionally well on exceptionally large maps (230x116 !) when the game was released in October 2016.

Since the GS patch, the game has trouble with size above 128x80.

I'm sure if this was just about him and us, he would have already open everything, he did a fantastic job with the modding framework, which make the situation even more frustrating.

Jkchart, nzcamel, j51 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

There is no depot (and therefore no name) for it yet.

RohirrimElf and AntSou like this.
  14. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Warlord

Does this launcher nonsense, implicate that Civ6 will after update, be behind a 2K launcher? "Yes, you started Civ6 from Steam, sure we'll let you play. But first you'll have a look at some upcoming sport games from 2K"
    Please. No....

RohirrimElf likes this.
  15. Kwami

Kwami Deity

I think it's just a different option to select from the launcher that Civ VI already has.

RohirrimElf and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  16. Gedemon

It's already behind a launcher, if you've not deactivated it.

17. Kwami

Kwami Deity

Well, sure, but that's because they added a bunch of stuff that slowed the game down and took up a lot more memory. You can see it when you run the built-in benchmarks for vanilla and GS. The GS scores are always way lower for the AI and for frames per second. And if you open your task manager, you'll see a lot more memory being used than in vanilla, too.

I would imagine that performance improvements are also on the nice to have list, but new stuff probably still comes first.

18. Gedemon

It crashes on vanilla too.

And I bet it crashes because of performance improvements.

19. Xefjord

Xefjord Prince

I am really missing the bigger maps as well.

One thing I will say, Sims 4 announced a new expansion today that sounded (imo) extremely disappointing, so I now have 40 dollars to divert somewhere else and I hope that we can get some announcements for Civ 6 soon. Let me throw money at you :cry:

Connor_CivFan likes this.
  20. XX36789

XX36789 Chieftain

How do you deactivate it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.