Future Update - Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wash your mouth out with soap and water! :old: :dubious: ;)

The Romans of the new world are a far more important addition than stage two of the Romans of the old world! :D
Give us a Byzantium alternate leader for Rome instead...
Are the Iroquois called the "Romans of the New World?" Never heard of that before. I'm not meaning to diss the Iroquois at all as they would still be my 2nd Native American pick under the Navajo.

I would prefer the Byzantines to be there own Civ but at the same time I could see them giving us a Byzantine alt. leader for Rome as well.
I've been thinking about an idea of combining both actually. Release Justinian who could lead both, just like Eleanor, and make his capital Constantinople for both Civs. His ability could be called "Restoration of the Empire" and it gives him bonuses toward re-conquest and building projects.

It is deliberate. Having the maya’s or portugal in the mix of new dlc/expansion civs. Will make them sell well. If say firaxis offers a dlc with 2 leaders. And one of them is Montezuma, Caesar or Napoleon (just my preference). I dont bother much which civ is the 2nd one. Even if it is Nubia. To own one of my staple civ leaders.
Um...We have Montezuma already? Unless you want the other who fell to the Spanish.

Are the Iroquois called the "Romans of the New World?" Never heard of that before. I'm not meaning to diss the Iroquois at all as they would still be my 2nd Native American pick under the Navajo.

I've actually been researching the Iroquois lately and there is archaeological evidence to suggest that in the precolumbian age, they conducted large "Romanesque" military campaigns and ruled over everything east of the Mississippi, spreading their agricultural influence fairly wide. How Euro-like their concept of "rule" was can be hotly debated, but the influence and evidence of Iroquois "forts" (palisade-surrounded corn plantations) can be found all over the Eastern U.S. Or so says my research.

I've actually been researching the Iroquois lately and there is archaeological evidence to suggest that in the precolumbian age, they conducted large "Romanesque" military campaigns and ruled over everything east of the Mississippi, spreading their agricultural influence fairly wide. How Euro-like their concept of "rule" was can be hotly debated, but the influence and evidence of Iroquois "forts" (palisade-surrounded corn plantations) can be found all over the Eastern U.S. Or so says my research.
That's interesting. You write forts, but I read "lots of archaeology sites to excavate". :crazyeye:

Reactions: j51
Byzantine empire is my most wanted civ. I can only represent a casual perspective, so I am sure a history PhD will come along and tell me everything I believe is wrong.

Their empire , from what I understand, held out a long time despite facing overwhelming enemies. They used greek fire to defend Constantinople. This was like an early form of napalm. Plus, they invented trebuchets and built the Hagia Sophia. To me, that’s pretty cool.

No disrespect to the Iroqois, but as a casual, I am not really sure what would make them substantially different from say, the Cree.

I don't think wanting the Byzantines to return to Civ VI is a very controversial take :p
Good to know. I’ve been operating with the assumption no one on this forum ever agrees with anything I say.

Byzantine, Portugal and Austria would be most-wanted for me ... I want to devide world betwen Spain and Portugal, form Alliance of Austria and Hungary.

But if there is going to be 8 new civs, Byzantine is like 90% sure to be in. Other two of my wishes - not realy.

Byzantine, Portugal and Austria would be most-wanted for me ... I want to devide world betwen Spain and Portugal, form Alliance of Austria and Hungary.

But if there is going to be 8 new civs, Byzantine is like 90% sure to be in. Other two of my wishes - not realy.
At least you're more likely to get your top three than I am. Between Babylon, Assyria, and the Hittites, I'll consider myself lucky to get even one of them at this point.

I love those three choices as well!

*cough* Prussia *cough*

At least you're more likely to get your top three than I am. Between Babylon, Assyria, and the Hittites, I'll consider myself lucky to get even one of them at this point.

Same exact top 3 for me :D Hittites need love again!

No disrespect to the Iroqois, but as a casual, I am not really sure what would make them substantially different from say, the Cree.

Oh boy don't ask me that question, it would need its own thread -- I made a modding career around differentiating between First Nations peoples. Suffice to say my axe to grind is that you have an area larger than Europe but everyone assumes that all the people living there "are basically the same" when they are as diverse as any other continent on the planet.

But a short answer is, one was a merchant confederacy (the Cree) and the other was a warlike agrarian society (the Iroquois). Different governmental systems, too.

With the Cree being in the game, my top three are (Sioux or Apache), Babylon, and Seminole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be waiting a while since SGF is saying that they'll put things on the schedule as the game publisher announces them... hopefully it's soon.

I don't think wanting the Byzantines to return to Civ VI is a very controversial take :p

Lol it actually is, particularly as to how Byzantium returns. There are primarily two camps:

1) Those who just love Byzantium and want it back wholesale, perhaps implemented better than in V because it really was one of the worst designed civs.
2) Those who see alternate leaders as the perfect opportunity to consolidate Byzantium into Rome and open up design space for civs like Bulgaria, Romania, Kievan Rus'.

I happen to be in the second camp, because I think Georgia covers a lot of the feel and playstyle people want for Byzantium. And I think getting Simeon leading Bulgaria, Olga leading Russia, and Theodora leading Rome is more interesting than just Theodora leading Byzantium. But there are tradeoffs.

Lol it actually is, particularly as to how Byzantium returns. There are primarily two camps:

1) Those who just love Byzantium and want it back wholesale, perhaps implemented better than in V because it really was one of the worst designed civs.
2) Those who see alternate leaders as the perfect opportunity to consolidate Byzantium into Rome and open up design space for civs like Bulgaria, Romania, Kievan Rus'.

I happen to be in the second camp, because I think Georgia covers a lot of the feel and playstyle people want for Byzantium. And I think getting Simeon leading Bulgaria, Olga leading Russia, and Theodora leading Rome is more interesting than just Theodora leading Byzantium. But there are tradeoffs.

Firaxis is stingy with alt-leader slots. The ratio is currently 1 alt-leader for every 14 civs. They probably won't have more than one alt-leader in the next round of content.

As such, I would much prefer Egypt get its iconic pharaoh (and the game's second Ancient Era leader) and Byzantium be a civ than see Rome get an alt-leader to represent Byzantium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom