1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Update - Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokiehl

pokiehl King

You see updates are still happening on the DB quite frequently so I think that answers the question.

acluewithout likes this.
  2. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

So...can we assume that they are going to add an alternative German leader? If so, I would like to have Otto von Bismarck or Maria Theresa.

3. theRoyzen

theRoyzen Chieftain

Well Maria Theresa was Austrian, not German. But wouldn't mind to have her retourn to the game with Austria.

Kjimmet, AvianBritish and Kmart_Elvis like this.
  4. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis Prince

I would welcome a return of the "annex city state" mechanic they had in V. It would be fun to be a thorn in the side to Matthias, Pericles, and Tamar.

theRoyzen likes this.
  5. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

Yes, but she was Empress of the Holy German Empire, so I think she would make sense as an alt German leader.

6. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I don't think we can assume anything based on getting an age rating from a German organization. They probably sent the expansions and base game to the German raters and we just didn't realize it.

7. Casworon

Casworon Prince

I see two main possibilities.

1: They are including a WW2 scenario.

2: They are bringing back ideologies

Because of this they are sending the game too the German Rating agencies to check if they have overstepped the line anywhere, just as a super precautionary measure.

I doubt they have overstepped the mark in anyway but still it's best to be extra careful. Having the German version of the game having to be modified is bad not only from a time investment point of view but also PR

acluewithout likes this.
  8. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

The config mentoins launch/<number>/config/betakey, cannot they just use it as closed beta testing depot environment?

9. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Aren't German game restrictions and age ratings infamously more stringent than in many other parts of the world though? Might be the only reason it's apparently been singled out.

10. Eagle Pursuit

Yes. All the builds except the Public build are accessed by beta keys. They can give the USK people access to that build for ratings purposes by emailing them a beta key. It's faster and cheaper than mailing a disk.

11. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

Maria Teresia after annexing another City-State Pericles had souzeracy over: ,,Oops I did it again! I played with your Culture..."

12. Eagle Pursuit

2kqa_d just got an update similar to the second one the USK review build got. It makes me think they're using 2kqa builds to test whatever the USK is looking at.

13. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

The USK is not limited to games with „dubious“ content.
    You may create a game about cute pets and a USK rating will be necessary. This game will just get a USK 0 then.

CPWimmer, mitsho and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  14. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

I merely answered a question about why people like me have preferences that I have.
    I assume the USK thing is because Germany has notoriously strict rules about video game violence and that if they give it a thumbs-up then every other jurisdiction (except maybe Australia) will give it a pass.

I also assume that means whatever this is contains new combat units with animations (not a huge surprise really) that need vetting to sell in Germany. Animations like the spearman skewering a person and slamming him to the ground, while fun and appreciated may get you the boot in Germany.

WillowBrook likes this.
  15. Eagle Pursuit

I just want to point out how correct this statement is.

16. Teutonic_Tirade

Teutonic_Tirade Chieftain

It could also be that if it is a expansion or if there is one eventually, Germany could be getting it's own special edition cover, much like Poland did for Brave New World.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  17. mitsho

mitsho Deity

That was a unusually quick pivot from three letters to Hitler. Godwins law yada yada yada. Guys (and girls), just settle down a little bit.

Also, i want to stress that the non-communication of the devs leads to such absurd speculation. Or maybe not, maybe we are just Fanatics.

I nevertheless want a post interview with a developer, say in five years, of what all this was truly about...

Duuk likes this.
  18. Bechhold

Bechhold King

Two entirely different things. The HRE included Switzerland, Netherlands, most of Italy, parts of France, Belgium etc. Besides dynasties often went to war just for the Title and the Pope's acknowledgment of being elected, it never had political unity.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  19. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

You know guys, Bannerlord release date was moved back one day...

RohirrimElf likes this.
  20. JNR13

JNR13 Chieftain

the German rating board must review games regardless of whether the content has anything to do with Germany as such or not.

cvb, Kjimmet, RohirrimElf and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.