Future Update - Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Maria Theresa was Austrian, not German. But wouldn't mind to have her retourn to the game with Austria.

I would welcome a return of the "annex city state" mechanic they had in V. It would be fun to be a thorn in the side to Matthias, Pericles, and Tamar.

I see two main possibilities.

1: They are including a WW2 scenario.

2: They are bringing back ideologies

Because of this they are sending the game too the German Rating agencies to check if they have overstepped the line anywhere, just as a super precautionary measure.

I doubt they have overstepped the mark in anyway but still it's best to be extra careful. Having the German version of the game having to be modified is bad not only from a time investment point of view but also PR

It looks like USK has something to do with determining age ratings in Germany.

The 3 DLCs and their depots have nothing to do with this.

So there's two possibilities: either the base game is getting a patch so content-heavy that it warrants getting its own age rating.

Or

They added the DLCs' content to the main game depots and will transfer them over to the DLCs' depots later.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

The config mentoins launch/<number>/config/betakey, cannot they just use it as closed beta testing depot environment?

Aren't German game restrictions and age ratings infamously more stringent than in many other parts of the world though? Might be the only reason it's apparently been singled out.

The config mentoins launch/<number>/config/betakey, cannot they just use it as closed beta testing depot environment?

Yes. All the builds except the Public build are accessed by beta keys. They can give the USK people access to that build for ratings purposes by emailing them a beta key. It's faster and cheaper than mailing a disk.

I would welcome a return of the "annex city state" mechanic they had in V. It would be fun to be a thorn in the side to Matthias, Pericles, and Tamar.

Maria Teresia after annexing another City-State Pericles had souzeracy over: ,,Oops I did it again! I played with your Culture..."

I merely answered a question about why people like me have preferences that I have.
I assume the USK thing is because Germany has notoriously strict rules about video game violence and that if they give it a thumbs-up then every other jurisdiction (except maybe Australia) will give it a pass.

I also assume that means whatever this is contains new combat units with animations (not a huge surprise really) that need vetting to sell in Germany. Animations like the spearman skewering a person and slamming him to the ground, while fun and appreciated may get you the boot in Germany.

It could also be that if it is a expansion or if there is one eventually, Germany could be getting it's own special edition cover, much like Poland did for Brave New World.

Last edited:
That was a unusually quick pivot from three letters to Hitler. Godwins law yada yada yada. Guys (and girls), just settle down a little bit.

Also, i want to stress that the non-communication of the devs leads to such absurd speculation. Or maybe not, maybe we are just Fanatics.

I nevertheless want a post interview with a developer, say in five years, of what all this was truly about...

Yes, but she was Empress of the Holy German Empire, so I think she would make sense as an alt German leader.

Two entirely different things. The HRE included Switzerland, Netherlands, most of Italy, parts of France, Belgium etc. Besides dynasties often went to war just for the Title and the Pope's acknowledgment of being elected, it never had political unity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom