1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Update - Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cvb

cvb Prince

Yeah, because of this they named them 'smoke', 'rising smoke', 'big smoke', 'even more smoke' & 'smoke again' ;)

2. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

I can already smell a civ 6 season pass.

3. oSiyeza

oSiyeza Prince

Two options. A bunch of DLC being developed and tested independently in parallel. Or different components of an xPack being developed and tested.

Both things are entirely possible. I would say to me an xPack makes more sense. But admittedly, I seem to be a minority opinion.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It looks like USK has something to do with determining age ratings in Germany.

The 3 DLCs and their depots have nothing to do with this.

So there's two possibilities: either the base game is getting a patch so content-heavy that it warrants getting its own age rating.

Or

They added the DLCs' content to the main game depots and will transfer them over to the DLCs' depots later.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

5. Pistol90

Pistol90 Warlord

I am still like 90% sure that there was a change in release plan. There was large normal 3rd expanssion to be released somewhere in may-arround. One of the main themes and mechanich in that expansions was diseases. It was split into more smaller expansions or DLC which will be released about 4-5 month beetwen in next year. One with the diseases will be the last one to be released.

6. lordfistas

lordfistas Chieftain

Text from USK site:
    "The game receives a rating within a maximum of five (ad hoc procedure), twelve (urgent procedure) or twenty (normal procedure) working days. The decisive factor is the date of receipt by the USK. The period begins one working day after receipt of the submission form. Please note the closing times of the USK between Christmas and New Year. The deadlines for the classification procedures are extended accordingly."

Question is which procedure company selected : ) But still in worst case scenario 20/21 April is viable

7. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I have trouble imagining that a video game would get faster than normal review time these days.

8. Eagle Pursuit

All that really gives us is a minimum timeframe. Firaxis doesn't have to begin marketing as soon as the age rating is granted. They can continue sitting on it.

Another point of order:

If they are sending it for an age rating, it must be content complete.

Also, I don't believe the first 6 DLCs were sent for individual age ratings. So this infers significant content moreso than the previous DLC.

9. Ma2ge

Ma2ge Chieftain

As a German I can confirm that. It actually came instantly into my mind. But why isn't there a PEGI_review or an US pendant or something?

10. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Agree content complete.

They can also start marketing before the have the age classification. Some countries have a sort of “approved for advertising” status before final decision. They may also want to start announcing things sooner rather than later once they start making the game available to third parties to avoid the risk of leaks.

...or they could wait. They’re probably not in a hurry, all things considered.

I’m crossing fingers on one hand that we get news soon (even if actual release is some time off), and crossing fingers with the other hand it’s Expansion + Civ / Scenario Packs.

drakula15 and Kmart_Elvis like this.
  11. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

Has the USK had to step into review DLCs and patches before?
    Or is Firaxis going to make that single big step and is finally going to include the angry mustache model now that the laws in Germany about how to model mustaches have been relaxed and now they are getting confirmation from the USK for approval.

Of which; if it was the Angry Mustache Model; they could do many things with him for alternative leader abilities; of which "Free Imperial Cities" would work very well with district culture bombing ability called "Anschluss", "Sudetenland" or "Lebansraum". Maybe he also gets the Panzer unique unit that get bonus movement in the first few turns of a war. Oh! Also other civilizations do not get combat bonuses via diplomatic visibility when fighting him until they research Computers and diplomatic visibility over him is halved until Computers is researched. So many cool ideas for him!
    But if it is him... I would think there will also be a Civ that comes with him too... Maybe Ethiopia and the return of Haile Selassie?

12. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

hmm. yea maybe there's a wwii scenario . . .

13. Eagle Pursuit

The simple DLCs with civs and scenarios didn't get individual age ratings as far as I can recall. This appears to be more content-intensive.

mitsho and RohirrimElf like this.
  14. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

As always thank you Eagle pursuit.for the regular updates and explanation what might be happening behind the scenes.

I am glad we are now moving gradually out of the terra incognita phase of unknown depot changes. Lets hope the developers will be given the green light in the coming weeks on what is going to happen with civ 6.

USK sounds very much like something ww2 related whether it be big or small. Pictures of certain ww2 leaders,party symbols and anything related with the great evils that happened during that era.
    Will have to be analysed before it could enter the german market. Rightwing propaganda is still controversial even after 75 years since the war ended.

AvianBritish likes this.
  15. Killer Rabbit

Killer Rabbit Chieftain

There's no chance this happens, and for the life of me, I've never understood why people want to play as Hitler. But this is off-topic; there's no way it happens.

16. josgre987

josgre987 Chieftain

perhaps it has to be censored in Germany like Hearts of Iron.

17. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

I don't want to play as Hitler.

Against Hitler? Yes.

Edit for more context:
    I've been a longtime subscriber to JFD's Hitlers in both Civ V and Civ VI.

I've also never played as Hitler.

What happens is if I run into him then the game now has an additional objective: stop Hitler.

racha and Hawke9 like this.
  18. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Please dont go this route on the civ fanatics forums. I`ve tried not to mention these things. Lets not speculate on this topic further.

Moderator Action: You are not a member of staff. In future, please report the post and tell us why you have issues with a post and we will make a post about the issue.

Having said that, we do not want this thread to become about a failed leader whose name represents the opposite of civilization. We build civilizations that stand the test of time, his certainly did not. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2020
  19. Askia Muhammad

Askia Muhammad Chieftain

I'm speculating that the "long development time" is reflective of the fact that they changed gears due to the results of the survey that was sent out. Civ V got map DLC like a year after BNW was released. So no only do games still get DLC after a long time, Civ itself has done this.

Why do you think there is no reason to think plans have changed? I don't really see evidence either way.

If they've shifted business models, it makes sense to release the DLC one at a time and given the controversy with the season pass that shipped with the original Civ launch it also makes sense that they would want to know exactly what was included in it by having it all in development or finished by the time they announce it.

Lastly, and this isn't to your points but to others, I don't buy for even a second the idea that they would go to the trouble of creating depots to let us know they are working on something. What a waste of time.

Again, I think we are going to be looking at unprecedented DLC. DLC that includes both new civs/leaders but also game features and this will be what potentially requires a rating.

20. Junky89

Junky89 Chieftain

Does Firaxis work at the moment or how do they do?
    Are they impacted by this virus problem to build there future updates?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.