1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Update - Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Three DLC:

- Alt Leaders Pack 1; (two leaders for vanilla civs)
    - Alt Leaders Pack 2; (two leaders for vanilla civs)
    - Expansion.

Pretty Pleeaaaaase!

2. josgre987

josgre987 Chieftain

That would be the dream, but im not sure what they have planned for civ. They just seem to like torturing us.

3. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Well, that’s interesting.

Guess I’ll keep crossing my fingers on a 3XP + Civ / Scenarios. Hopefully some news soon. Maybe announcement April for a June release...?

4. oSiyeza

oSiyeza Prince

And that is exactly what I said. If there is no evidence to think something extraordinary has happened (change of model), the only reasonable assuption is to think it has not.

That is called null hypothesis, since by definition it cannot be proven. No evidence of a change of model not happening is posible, except the lack of evidence for a change.

In other words, it means pretty much that it is not likely that they are realeasing a DLC season. Since that would require a change of model we have no evidence for.

By definition the more unfunded assumptions required to make an hypothesis work, the less plausible it is.

This would efectively neglect all the advantages of a season pass. Namely the hability to adapt to the response of previous DLCs, the hability to keep the interest of the gamers by releasing frequent content, the hability of having short dev cycles to iteratively add content, and of course the hability to receive a constant flux of income that supports the dev resources.

In other words, if they are doing a DLC season, they would need a powerful reason to release content for a relatively old game in a very ineffective way and consuming a lot of resources. Again, no evidence to support something like that.

:)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Flaxitux, cvb and Atlas627 like this.
  5. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

The expansion would come first, though

6. oSiyeza

oSiyeza Prince

It would if they have such an ambitious plan.

That would be fantastic, but lets not get our hopes so high :)

7. theRoyzen

theRoyzen Chieftain

I think you got something mixxed up, she was the Empress of the Holy Roman Empire, the only female ruler of the Habsburg dominion. Some even say she is the mother of europe, cuz her daughters marriages. But she never was a german at all. She would fit more as alt leader for Hungary or even the Netherlands (see Austrain Netherlands).

8. Xefjord

Xefjord Prince

Plot twist. watch all three new DLC actually be expansions that come out at the same time.

9. Inawordyes

Inawordyes In a word: Illyria

I can’t remember how thoroughly we watched the Steam Depots, if at all, during the lead up to the base game, R&F and GS releasing (and I know there’s a history of changes you can check back at too), but is this the most active and transparent (of sorts) the Steam Depot has been in CiVI’s lifespan? We have 6 named QA branches, 6 mysterious “smoke” branches of unknown nature, we have three codenamed DLCs, we have a new branch for ratings board approval and testing, and we are seeing constant and regular updates, multiple on a daily basis, even though we don’t know what’s actually going on beyond that.

It definitely seems like the dev team can’t/won’t tell us what they’re working on yet but they want us to know that something is coming, and so they’re making it plain to see for those of us who keep track of this just how much of why’re working on whatever.

cvb, Kmart_Elvis and mitsho like this.
  10. altayrneto

altayrneto Prince

Being either just some DLCs or a complete expansion, we're going to have new civs anyway. How many and which ones do you think are missing, without considering new mechanics? (right now I remeber just the Mayans, Babylonians, Ethiopia and Portugal as some fairly requested but still missed)

11. bbbt

bbbt Deity

In the US at least, I don't think the video game raters actually play the game, the developers basically just tell them what's in it. Germany might be more strict in that regard?

Meluhhan likes this.
  12. bbbt

bbbt Deity

Yeah, it's entirely unique to Germany: https://gameslaw.org/video-game-age-ratings-in-europe-part-1-of-3-the-basics/

"Play through the entire game" - whatever it is, it's ready to go, or at least a pretty solid playable beta.

Meluhhan likes this.
  13. Xur

Xur Prince

Just curious :) Do you need an ESRB, USK or PEGI rating if you set your own product to 18+?

14. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

15. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

I only played civ 6 for about 900 hours so far. I guess all i wanted was to play the finished game + mod overhauls on day one.
    *writes down note. Play more civ 6 when the next big update hits*

Vandlys likes this.
  16. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

Does anyone know when earlier expansions have had depots for review/age rating vs when they have been announced? Does this mean they will share any details with us soon?

17. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Why? They could release smaller content to keep revenue coming and players engaged before a large final expansion.

18. Haig

Haig Deity

Some nice dlc combos could be:

Ethiopia + Italy including an ideology mechanic and WW2 scenario.

Portugal + Maya inc. colony mechanic and exploration scenario

Iceni(Celts) + Roman alt.leader inc. Britain scenario

Byzantine + Venice inc. random events and plagues mechanic and a medieval era scenario

I would love new civs and leaders but I hope to see at least some new or revamped mechanics. :)

Hawke9 and TheMarshmallowBear like this.
  19. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Age ratings definitely suggest new mechanics; it's hard to see that something like a Civ/leader pack would need its own rating. But then we are (to quote our beloved aquiline prophet) in terra incognita. We could still be looking at mini-expansions unlike what we've had previously, adding a new system or two alongside a few Civs and/or leaders.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  20. durfal

durfal The Dutch Daredevil

No she wouldn't fit as a leader for the Netherlands. The Austrian Netherlands she ruled over would be nowadays Belgium. And even though the term the Netherlands included nowadays Belgium for a while (and at times is jokingly by some Dutch still called the Southern Netherlands) there is not one city from Belgium on the Dutch city list. Moreover Brussels, the capital of Belgium, is still a City State in game.
    And that is wise because Belgians nowadays don't consider themselves Dutch (anymore), at least not in the modern sense of the word.
    Also the reason why she should not be the leader for Hungary, because she wasn't Hungarian and there are plenty of other Hungarian leaders around.
    Sensitivities have to be taken into considerations, when choosing a leader for a civilization. It has to be a person that people of that civilization (if still around) have to be proud of or represent them well in game.
    That is also the reason why some leaders are absolutely inappropriate for a game like this, and it is in comprehensive to me why some people keep pushing for some leaders like this. Especially if they are for someone else civilization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.