[GS] Gathering Storm General Discussion Thread

I'm still baffled by the first leak, there are plenty of weird things about it, like how the leaker left out Portugal and Byzantium and so on (which is a brave guess), how he guessed 5 of the 8 new civs right (with one of them being Hungary, worth noting), and appointing some of them with ridiculously out of place leader picks. And also the leak in question being posted here by AssemblingTyphoon 6 hours later.

Now that I think about it, LongbuffaloJump seems to bear some similarity to AssemblingTyphoon. I don't know man, my inner conspiracy theorist awakens man. These Noongar won't let me sleep man.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, LongbuffaloJump seems to bear some similarity to AssemblingTyphoon. I don't know man, my inner conspiracy theorist awakens man. These Noongar won't let me sleep man.
The first leak listed Arpad as the leader for Hungary, so they don't appear to be the same person.

I agree with Alexander's Hetaroi that a pike-and-shot replacing Caroleans would be a cool unique unit. The swedes used large pike formations even when Europeans where starting to use bayonets instead (see battle of Poltava 1709).

I think Hakkapeliittas would make a fine UU too, unlike imperial cuirassiers who ran past infantry discharging pistols, Hakkapeliittas instead charged with their swords.

I wonder if Swedish city names include Finnish ones again..

I wonder if Swedish city names include Finnish ones again..
I hope not! I've wanted to play as Finland since Civ II and having Finnish cities in Swedish citylist most likely confirms that Finland will not be in Civ VI!

I hope not! I've wanted to play as Finland since Civ II and having Finnish cities in Swedish citylist most likely confirms that Finland will not be in Civ VI!

I wouldn't say that. We've had a few instances were some cities were later taken out of older civs to constitute newer ones.

But I suppose it does diminish the chance. Are we even getting a 3rd expansion?

I’m hoping they have some kind of emergency district to help a city deal with disasters. A district that would house a hospital and fire department. Seems obvious to me but I’m not sure exactly how it would work.

A medical ward district with an apothecary, hospital, and medical lab would have been cool if they went with a Health mechanic instead of Housing. I'm not sure there's a role for such a district in Civ6 as is, but maybe the Black Death scenario will serve as a testing ground for plague-related emergencies.

A medical ward district with an apothecary, hospital, and medical lab would have been cool if they went with a Health mechanic instead of Housing. I'm not sure there's a role for such a district in Civ6 as is, but maybe the Black Death scenario will serve as a testing ground for plague-related emergencies.
That is what I want as well, even putting these into a revamped Aqueduct district could work making the Aqueduct the first tier building then Apocathery and Hospital, with maybe the Research Lab in the Campus helping out with the health mechanic instead of just plain science.

They just made a new build called "capture". Suppose that's for making screencaps?

Probably has all the geographical features removed as we have been quite persistent in grabbing everyone

I hope we'll get another Scientific powerhouse like Korea in GS. Maybe Babylon?
I wish both Korea and Babylon would stop being portrayed as science civs, but I'm not holding my breath. :( IMO Babylon should be a culture/builder/faith/war civ (in roughly that order).

I hope we'll get another Scientific powerhouse like Korea in GS. Maybe Babylon?
Mali I can see being primarily geared toward science as well as religion.

i would have said mali to be diplomatic and ecomony based since of the leader who did his big trip and gave so much gold away. I think sweden will have the biggest science focused perks as their leader is supposed to be someone that retired studying if i understood correctly?

Top Bottom