[GS] Gathering Storm General Discussion Thread

Tundra and Desert tiles could potentially be really good locations IF storms such as blizzards and dust storms add fertility to those tiles. Might try a few games with the disasters set to max just to see.
Not sure why they would. Blizzards would at least make it harder to grow crops.
I noticed reefs now have a science yield. Or is that a Maori thing?
It’s on the first look video at about 0:38 north of the city just outside the border
Unless they changed it since the March patch Aquarium buildings give science to reefs and ocean resources.

Flooding took out the library (closed for 2 months) in the next town over. They shouldn't have built the campus in the floodplain. (Not even kidding)

I've given up on the number of times I've seen major development plans along floodplains. "Oh, that river hasn't flooded for decades." Okay, then, moving along.

We also like to build cities along pretty coastlines, tectonic fault lines notwithstanding. We humans are, at heart, gamblers - with a bad innate sense of probability when it comes to "rare" events. :lol:

I've given up on the number of times I've seen major development plans along floodplains. "Oh, that river hasn't flooded for decades." Okay, then, moving along.

We also like to build cities along pretty coastlines, tectonic fault lines notwithstanding. We humans are, at heart, gamblers - with a bad innate sense of probability when it comes to "rare" events. :lol:

They didn't just build it in a floodplain though, they set the ground floor below ground level. And it's only about 10 years old. The whole county is pointing and laughing at them.

I just asked this to Ed beach, I'm waiting on an answer. Did anyone considered this before?

Can I enter an enemy canal with my melee ship and attack a city that isn't directly on the coast? Ex: A city that is ocean-canal-city-canal-lake, could I enter the canal through the ocean with a melee ship and attack the city?

I just asked this to Ed beach, I'm waiting on an answer. Did anyone considered this before?

Can I enter an enemy canal with my melee ship and attack a city that isn't directly on the coast? Ex: A city that is ocean-canal-city-canal-lake, could I enter the canal through the ocean with a melee ship and attack the city?
I would assume that canal hexes act the same as water hexes, and so I would assume that the answer is yes.

Now that we know that there will be more civs with a drawback mechanic, who do you think the devs were referring to? I personally don't see the Ottomans or Inca having something like that, or Canada for that matter. Phoenicia maybe, or Eleanor? Or maybe they might even be referring to one of the reworked civs...

Now that we know that there will be more civs with a drawback mechanic, who do you think the devs were referring to? I personally don't see the Ottomans or Inca having something like that, or Canada for that matter. Phoenicia maybe, or Eleanor? Or maybe they might even be referring to one of the reworked civs...
Phoenicia is a good candidate for a dramatically different trading mechanic.

Inca governors create illoyalty in Sid Meier‘s Civilization VI... would be historical to some extent. More seriously, there are possible downsides for almost all civs, for example for the Inca no iron mines or no horses. Will they do one of these? I doubt it.

In the policy card menu they've separated Wild and Dark policy cards. While I'm sure that's for the sake of consistency, I'll be holding my breath in hopes that we're getting a new wonder that allows us to slot a Dark policy card anytime.

Canada's drawback "America's Hat" : Any time they have a larger neighboring civ, receive 1/3 of all diplomatic grievances incurred by that neighbor.

Inca governors create illoyalty in Sid Meier‘s Civilization VI... would be historical to some extent. More seriously, there are possible downsides for almost all civs, for example for the Inca no iron mines or no horses. Will they do one of these? I doubt it.
It's obviously slower movement on flat terrain. ;)
That would be crazy if I'm right.

I wonder if Hurricanes can affect trade units?

Canada's drawback "America's Hat" : Any time they have a larger neighboring civ, receive 1/3 of all diplomatic grievances incurred by that neighbor.
\
I was thinking there would be a civ like Canada that isn't allowed to declare surprise wars (i.e. no DoW's without a casus belli).

So, the intro video showed a pope or doge type of guy running outside to get crushed by a wall. Has there been any speculation as to what this might represent in the game? Maybe Venice is back, for instance? Or have we all gotten so convinced that the leak of the upcoming civ's is so irrefutable that it's regarded as fait accompli?

\
I was thinking there would be a civ like Canada that isn't allowed to declare surprise wars (i.e. no DoW's without a casus belli).
Did Canada make a formal declaration of war on the First Nations they conquered? :p

So, the intro video showed a pope or doge type of guy running outside to get crushed by a wall. Has there been any speculation as to what this might represent in the game? Maybe Venice is back, for instance? Or have we all gotten so convinced that the leak of the upcoming civ's is so irrefutable that it's regarded as fait accompli?
I held out hope as long as possible, but even I've given up hope that Eleanor was a lie. :( I suspect the Constantinople or Venice earthquake scene was a red herring, like the plague doctor in R&F.

Top Bottom