Give me 18, but not on Earth - new PBEM

Posted to bjarkekr

England stubbornly ignores Shaka's demands. This is an irreversible mistake!

Meanwhile back in Rome

Zulu Axeman engage Roman Praetorians fortified in Neapolis and kill them, The Impi at the siege splinter off to secret destinations while the Archers defend the forest tile.

Give_me_18,_but_not_on_Earth_BC-1160_to_Majic

I am hoping for 2 turns ... 7th and 12th. I am sure that I can scare up a replacement if required - but thx for the offer, nighthawk.

I missed on the 7th. I really thought I was in with a good chance when the game hit the bottom of the list but after 4 uploads yesterday, it stalled. The 12th is looking more and more iffy.

Not so fast ... the turn sent to me was asking for kenwyn's password. You'll need to delete the save that you sent me and replay the turn. This is a known bug with Civ IV BTS.

Oh - and I am away from early tomorrow morning until midday Thursday.

Not so fast ... the turn sent to me was asking for kenwyn's password. You'll need to delete the save that you sent me and replay the turn. This is a known bug with Civ IV BTS.

Ugh. I can do on my machine, but Tracker is set to U. How does one drop/move Tracker back to prior player (me, KenWyn)?

Meanwhile, i will try to email to U.

got the turn, was able to open it, played, sent, waiting (again :D)

This evening ( which means in ~10 hrs ) I'll leave in holiday until 26th of July. As long as there are little chances to receive my turn until then ... I'll ask somebody to take my turn ( password & few indications will be communicated via PM ).

Best regards guys ! :)

got the turn, was able to open it, played, sent, ...
That's good, however, Tracker stills says it's Ruff_hi1 turn. :crazyeye:
How can that be corrected/updated? :confused:
Sorry about screwup. I couldn't even find original "send-to-next=player" save in my files. I'm surprised Tracker accepted the upload.

===========================
Meanwhile, the peaceful Aztecs continue increasing their education level & linking their small but growing civ in the south.

Mîtiu Ioan;12589364 said:
This evening ( which means in ~10 hrs ) I'll leave in holiday until 26th of July. As long as there are little chances to receive my turn until then ... I'll ask somebody to take my turn ( password & few indications will be communicated via PM ).

Best regards guys ! :)

Yes you probably won't get it... who will you have replacing you? What should we do about the tracker? You will still receive the tracker email, will you be able to forward it to the correct person? Let me know if at all possible, I don't want to be delayed 2 weeks!!

Why can't the replacement just go to Tracker & chek when it's his turn & then download from there?

Heck, i just set Tracker as my home/start up page. Every time i start up browser it's a simple 2 cliks (using saved name/password).
Presto! Tracker instantly tells me if it's my turn in any game.
No = clik <logoff>, go to wherever i was headed on the web.
Yes = clik on game, clik <It's your turn>, G.P.S.

20 seconds & 3 cliks. Rock & Roll

Why can't the replacement just go to Tracker & chek when it's his turn & then download from there?

Heck, i just set Tracker as my home/start up page. Every time i start up browser it's a simple 2 cliks (using saved name/password).
Presto! Tracker instantly tells me if it's my turn in any game.
No = clik <logoff>, go to wherever i was headed on the web.
Yes = clik on game, clik <It's your turn>, G.P.S.

20 seconds & 3 cliks. Rock & Roll

He would need to share his tracker username and password with his replacement. Whatever he wants to do is fine, I just want to make sure we don't get stuck. Mitiu just make sure you keep me updated with replacement details and email so we can get the turn to him as needed.

back to the game:

Egypt continues to spam archers even though I have him choked off. 5 city guard archers + warrior vs 9 dog soldiers right now. That's not enough. 2 more dog soldiers show up and more on their way. Egypt is proving to be pesky, but they are only delaying the inevitable!

gps

That's good, however, Tracker stills says it's Ruff_hi1 turn. :crazyeye:.
I don't use the tracker - did I say that before?. I can send you a GPS email but you (kenwyn) asked to be removed from its distribution.

I don't use the tracker - did I say that before?. I can send you a GPS email but you (kenwyn) asked to be removed from its distribution.

I would say that's a definite candidate for bazinga - although that's the wrong word.

On a general note, what a beastly planet we seem to inhabit. There is at least peace on my continents.

Huh? :confused:

> Tracker's been running/passing along turns fine.

> Sorry, what is a "GPS email"? & Why would i "asked to be removed"?

Tracker's been running/passing along turns fine.
The tracker does work fine. But it takes at least 3 clicks to upload the turn. With my pbem emailer, I can forward unlimited numbers of played turns with 2 clicks (one to start the program, one to send the emails).

Sorry, what is a "GPS email"? & Why would i "asked to be removed"?
Oh - sorry - I thought that you had asked to be removed. I have re-added you to the GPS email. GPS as in 'global position satellite' and tells you where you are - when used in pbem context, it tells people in the game where the turn is.

ioan76 via email said:
I was unable today to access Civfanatics-forum to check if anyone offer to be my replacement - but I saw that there is a new save awaiting me.
@Nighthawk - if possible : take my save this turn and just press END TURN. Nothing really critical is expected yet ... :)

Best regards and thanks in advance !

Ioan

P.S. : Unfortunately it starts to rain today ... :( ... Quite a stormy and cold weather this year in Europe ... no Global Warming yet ... :)

Its been with Ioan for 42hrs now - Nighthawk - can you play his turn as requested?

I concur... it's now been > 3 days.
Fearless(fearful?) leader please take his turn & let's get rolling again. :help:
Any single move at this stage of game can't be THAT important.
Besides, we all trust U, rite? :cringe:

Top Bottom