Give me 18, but not on Earth - new PBEM

Count1 - I've just started using it too, but its a very simply website. There should be a way to search for a game, or browse games. Find the game mentioned, you'll need to put in a password but then should be able to join the game - we currently have 3 open spots on that site.

It's used as a server to upload the turns to. Once you finish your turn you upload onto the site, then it alerts who is next on the list and they can just go to the site - no need for individual emails. Should be a good tool to use, and the creator of the site is actually in the game, so any support we need should be available :)

has this game started? Let me know if you need a sub (or replacement). If you have any questions about my dependability, I am sure that some others in the game can vouch for me.

has this game started? Let me know if you need a sub (or replacement). If you have any questions about my dependability, I am sure that some others in the game can vouch for me.

ruff - game has not started yet, in fact I have a couple of players who have not given me enough information with regards to availability so the turn order is currently "unstable". I am launching in about 3-4 hours, so I am now giving preference to those who sign onto PBEMtracker.com and give me availability to keep the turn order smooth. If you give me the information needed, I will give you preference over those 2 temporarily. However if they do get back to me with the info and sign onto the site, you would be bumped to the reserve listing.

I'll PM you the PBEMtracker password, and let me know your availability.

Also feel free to pick a leader if you want, otherwise it will be Random.

Ok -Oliver and Tudaio, you are both more than welcome. Thanks for the time zone. Can you please let me know what times of day you are generally available to do turns (either GMT or local time, I can adjust), so I can squeeze you into the rotation somewhere? I need this info asap so I can launch this evening with the correct turn order.

Also, to everyone - this is your last chance to select your leader if you havent already, otherwise you will be given Random, let me know!

I will do my turns by night so it will be abt 8pm -10pm GMT + 1
random is ok for my leader

Thanks Calanth for getting that info, you are in!

Thanks Tudaio for getting into the tracker...

Looks like we have a solid 18 now... unfortunately I think Oliver is going to be placed on reserve since he is probably asleep by now and I am launching in a couple hours.

I am officially closing this off to any new people - anyone else interested will be placed on reserve from here on out.

Thanks everyone for filling this up! I am excited to get this thing started!!!!!!

Nah - put me on the reserve list or available to fill in. BTW, I don't use the tracker ... I prefer my auto emailer.

Thats fine, we actually got info for thsoe we needed anyway, so we have a full 18. I will be finalizing the schedule shortly. I will put you on the reserve list, i'm sure we will have drops anyway!

Pre-Game Launch Update

Everyone - we are just about ready to go with this game. We have 18 players locked in and signed up on PBEMtracker. I will be launching the game within the next couple of hours and once I do my first turn/advanced start send over to #2 on the list Calanthian, who will keep it rolling tomorrow morning.

If anyone has any last minute selections of leaders, please speak now or forever hold your peace.

Please remember that the first turn includes the advanced start, so if you are all like me, you may take longer than normal. Hopefully it won't take an hour per turn, so we won't fall off schedule, but if the first round falls off schedule, please hold your patience and give this game a chance to get into its regular rotation. I will do my absolute best as turn police to keep it on track.

We are currently scheduled for 1 turn every 3 days, 6 players per day. The final turn schedule is below, please check it over again as I have made some changes for new players and switched some people around since the previous version.

The most important couple of turns worth mentioning are going to be Majic and Tudaio - I tried to spread the turns out over the course of the day and in the largest chunks of time possible, however these two players each have a 2 hour window they need to hit every third day. If both of you can please try your absolute hardest to do your turn as soon as you see it arrive, we all will appreciate it.

Also, the reason I made some changes is to try and mix in the more veteran players with some of the PBEM newer players, this way we don't get stuck with back-to-back-to-back newbies throwing us off. I spent a lot of time on this schedule and I really think it will flow nicely once we get into the routine.

Special thanks to Bathsheba and Calanthian for their input and veteran advice in setting this up!

Also - I am hoping PBEMtracker allows me to have access to everyone's emails they used when signing up. If not, I will be asking all of you to provide your most frequently checked email so I can follow up on turns and whatnot.

The first post in this thread has been updated with all relevant game information as it currently stands. The latest info and turn order is also included below. Please remember there is a roleplaying optional aspect to this game, so feel free to use this thread for stories, tales, in-game character messages, and whatever else your imaginations come up with!

With that, buckle your seatbelts, we launch in 5.... 4.... 3....

Player Info:
1) Nighthawk419 - Sitting Bull of the Native Americans
2) Phisportsfan - Ragnar of the Vikings
3) Bathsheba666 - Huyana Capac of Inca
4) D!CK VII - Random
5) ParadigmShifter - Asoka of India
6) Majic - Random
7) Michkov - Random
8) Eclipse4449 - Random
9) Espirito - Catherine of Russia
10) Ormylar - Zara Yaqob of Ethiopia
11) themdg - Random
12) rd13 - Random
13) chasbolt - Darius of Persia
14) bjarkekr - Random
15) tdy99 - Elizabeth of England
16) Calanthian - Wang Kon of Korea
17) Tudaio - Random
18) Count1 - Augustus Ceaser of Rome

Reserve #1) Olivertownshend - GMT +10
Reserve #2) ruff-hi

Turn Order
Note: all times given are adjusted to GMT. Times listed are large "blocks" of time you mentioned you were available and if everyone manages to take a turn within their "block" we should flow nicely.

Day 1:
bjarkekr (local: GMT +1) - GMT 0600-0700
Paradigm Shifter (local: GMT) - GMT 0800-0900
D!CK VII (local: GMT -5) - GMT 1300-1800
Count1 (local: GMT) - GMT 1800-2100
the mdg (local: GMT -7) - GMT 2100-2400
PhiSportsfan (local: GMT -8) - GMT 2400-0400

Day 2
Bathsheba666 (local: GMT) - GMT 0800-1000
chasbolt (local: GMT -5) - GMT 1000-1500
Majic (local: GMT +1) - GMT 1700-1900
Tudaio (local: GMT +1) - GMT 1900-2100
Ormylar (local: GMT -6) - GMT 2100-0100
Nighthawk419 (local: GMT -5) - GMT 2400-0400

Day 3
Calanthian (local: GMT +1) - GMT 0600-0700
Michkov (local: GMT +1) - GMT 0700-1200
rd13 (local: GMT +2) - GMT 1500-1700 (weekdays) GMT 1200-1500 (weekends)
Espirito (local: GMT) - GMT 1800-2200
tdy99 (local: GMT -5) - GMT 2100-0100
Eclipse4449 (local: GMT -5) - GMT 2400-0400

Well since we have reserves if we have to kick anyone we should fit them in first.

I think we should kick anyone who hasn't arranged a break and doesn't pass on a save for 7 days (maybe less at the start).

Well since we have reserves if we have to kick anyone we should fit them in first.

I think we should kick anyone who hasn't arranged a break and doesn't pass on a save for 7 days (maybe less at the start).

Yes reserves are the first option should anyone quit or become unresponsive. No hard and fast rules on this, but I think we will all generally know if someone isn't keeping up their end of the bargain!

Also a reminder to everyone - the turn schedule is not meant to be the bible. If for some reason you have a turn available to you at any point, please take it as soon as possible. The turn order is set up to keep the game moving reasonably, but if we can beat the schedule, that is great too!

Can't wait to get out of work here so I can get this baby started!

I can help facilitate these substitutions on the tracker when we need.

I will gladly vouch for ruff_hi. . . Our last game went great.

I'll vouch that...it's a good job he's only a reserve.
He kept kicking my arse in the games we played so far....

Off topic:
Ruff and I are in heavy competition in The Next Empire.
It is clear our playing styles are very different. But it is interesting indeed! Never played in such a spy heavy game.

Top Bottom