GO1 - The Tsarina

Welcome aboard! Nice turnset Dhoom, I really can't critisize (sp)
your gameplay. :p

Mmm, it looks like I forgot to put a sign in for the Production City 1N of the Grassland Corn in the middle of our continent. Still, it's going to make for a weak City until we get Iron Working and it won't even pay for itself since it won't be Coastal for The Great Lighthouse's extra Trade Routes, so we can safely ignore that settling location for some time to come.

I am far more interested in getting 3 off-continent Cities built, if possible, so that we can maximize the value of The Great Lighthouse by having 3 Inter-continental Trade Routes in each City (which have a minimum 2 Commerce each instead of the normal minimum of 1 Commerce each).

So, I'm going to try and get the turnset done tonight/this afternoon. I figure that Novgorod could probably handle building a WB or a galley, to see what the land south of the cap is like. It might be best to plan how to use that land sooner rather than later, as how much land we get, and what resources it holds, may have a bearing on the direction of play. Since we have Copper and Horses, we might be able to use TGLH's extra commerce to fund keeping the science slider during war. Alex has that gold, which is the only known luxury that we can use before Optics, so he could be a good first target. That might not be for a while though. I'd like to see what sort of strats Alex has first.

I figure that Novgorod could probably handle building a WB or a galley, to see what the land south of the cap is like.
You will be happy to find out that we already have one of each (a Galley exists and a Work Boat Explorer will be completed in Novgorod at the end of the turn).

That's fine then. I'll use that - I haven't really been able to tell from the screenshots what units we have. Thanks for letting me know :)

I warn you people, this is my first SG, and I'm not that used to so much planning etc, especially with other people. If I mess up, then I'm sorry, but I have noob protection :D

However, my general attitude towards Civilization (I have played 1 to 4, all expansions included) is a more aggressive, "kill all you see" stance. Only recently have I really started micromanaging my cities, and planning things like infrastructure far ahead. I'm used to all-out war with everyone and everything until I win.

Other than that, after reading everything in the thread, so far our little empire looks quite good, and all the plans sound well thought-out.

I suck as well :) Dhoom is quite good at making up for our mistakes anyway ;)

As long as someone is willing to put in the effort to try to improve and has the openness of mind to learn, then their skill level matters not to me, as we'll find a way to make you a better player by the end of the game than you were when you started! :)

Don't worry, Toxic: you're in good company :D

Sorry, I've been preoccupied with a nasty cough. I know it sounds like a weak excuse, but that's how it is: I played the turnset, I've simply not been in the state of mind to do the writeup. I may be able to tomorrow.

I do intend to get the writeup done: I'm recovering well, and I have a day off tomorrow, so I should be able to get it done then. :)

[Along with starting my new story, and an update to my other one :D]

Right. I feel a bit guilty for leaving this so long, but mostly I can place the blame on iTunes (for today at least). Please don't ask. :/

But here it is. Pretty much followed the plan I think. That landmass to the east isn't actually very big, but I think it can support a city. I've founded three more cities - one to the north (GP Farm) and two to the south, one where the settler was and one on the marker saying 'City for 2 Whales'. I think we need to hold off on founding any more and let the economy recover from the REXing.

Screenshots:
Spoiler :

I knew you were going to say that :facepalm:

Here it is.

Attachments

• The Tsarina BC-0750.CivBeyondSwordSave
    98.7 KB · Views: 85
Top Bottom