Going to close the "Latest News Headlines" forum soon

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I have deleted all the news threads in the "Latest News Headlines" OT sub-forum and disabled the news bot. This didn't look like a good idea after all, and was probably just wasting forum resource.

I should disable that sub-forum soon... or rename it to something else.

Maybe a Debate forum? TV & Movies? :)

I thought you were against splitting OT off into more forums?

Maybe a Media Forum, where you can discuss music, movies, post YouTube links, and stuff like that?

Debate forum with some minimum debating rules would be nice.

A spam-free, flame-free, troll-free debate forum would be very nice. :)

Alternatively, I wonder if there are enough threads and interest to warrant a separate "Ask a ..." subforum? :crazyeye:

I have deleted all the news threads in the "Latest News Headlines" OT sub-forum and disabled the news bot. This didn't look like a good idea after all, and was probably just wasting forum resource.

Agreed.

Thunderfall said:
I should disable that sub-forum soon... or rename it to something else.

Maybe a Debate forum? TV & Movies? :)

Science and philosophy!

:please:

TV & Movies would be cool, as would science & philosophy.

:cry: Farewell, CFC Bot, we hardly knew ye.

But if it means all the 'Logical fallacy hurhurhur' posts will be removed from my sight, then I'm all for the debate forum. :goodjob:

Good decision, TF. I don't think anybody ever actually used the news feed at all. A debate forum would make an excellent replacement :).

You'll be happy to hear, Kan, that the CFC bot is alive, well, and employed.

We have other uses for him as well. ;)

I opposed the Headlines in the first place, so I feel kinda vindicated.

I wouldn't mind having a sub-forum of OT where talking about other members and such is permitted,where you could "call out" other members weho would consent to being part of this sub-forum, and take the piss out of them.

We could replace it with... a News forum!

What tends to happen, when people post news articles, is that there isn't a great deal of "debate" going on, only "comments", which I personally love to read far more than "debates". This, however, means that there isn't much posting going on in the thread, so it falls off the front page very quickly. I think a separate News/Articles/Current Events forum would be a good idea, since it would give people longer to read them.

The problem, of course, would be confusion over where to post articles that are intended to generate debate, vs the typical thread that isn't based on an article (such as "abortion", "gay marriage", "cre/evo", "girl problems", etc). So for example an article on a recent piece of legislation outlawing abortion in some state could go in either.

But I think it's worth a shot.

I opposed the Headlines in the first place, so I feel kinda vindicated.

I wouldn't mind having a sub-forum of OT where talking about other members and such is permitted,where you could "call out" other members weho would consent to being part of this sub-forum, and take the piss out of them.

id like to take back my previous statement- this sub forum sounds awesome.

What, like a 'yo mamma so fat' forum? I like it. :D

Top Bottom