Governments and Politics

Mid Session Event

The sun sets to a red sky...

The Artaparsan Guard has begun to clean Artaparsa's rural areas. There are reports from locals of 12B that two bandit hideouts were burned down. They continue to search for these bandits.

The Governor of Noctusan, Saro Artaparsi Sayeh II, has named the new Noctusan warriors the Noctusan Desert Corps.

People are shocked at the recent arrests of Darius Tambien and Ledley Defoesrighboot. Many ask how did the king get that information, and mane do not think the accused are guilty. However, antiliberalism grows among conservatives. Vahid was found dead when he was arrested.

Many have followed the hierarch Swimciv's suggestion of fasting and prayer. Recent events have damaged trust between the population and the government. Many ask “who can we trust?”

A Babylonian movement has been born, mostly in Babyloparsa, Persepolis, and Artaparsa. They demand that Filli Noctus IV undertakes the Babylonian kingship ritual. They want to see if he is chosen by Ahura Mazda to be their next true king. Protests in Artaparsa, Persepolis, and Babyloparsa demand this.
Many Babylonians are moving to Babyloparsa to reconnect with their past, and get closer to god. They feel a sense of pride in that city, where Babylon once stood.

Many are surprised by the selection of Saro II Artaparsi Sayeh as High Priest eventhough no one has heard any confirmation of this from Saro himself. This brakes the Artaparsi's tradition of always occupying the High Priest position.

An assassination attempt on Filli Noctus IV was foiled by his bodyguards at the palace. The assassin almost escaped, if it wasn't for an arrow from a bodyguard that killed him. The assassin does not come from Sayehabad, and was hired by someone outside the city.

Cirrus Chgrogers died during the Advisory Council the Satrap of Artaparsa, Jehangir Artaparsi, called to meet. Some Artaparsans think this was also an assassination.

Not long after, Vafa Noctus was found dead in the palace of Sayehabad. He died of natural causes in his sleep.
Paranoia grows among the people. Doubt forms in their mind. Were they assassinated by the same orders as the assassin sent against Filli Noctus IV?

Deaths:
  • Vafa Noctus
  • Cirrus Chgrogers

Session 13 Turn 2 has now begun.

Public Speech.

-

People of Artaparsa, on this day I have convened an advisory council to discuss several issues of concern in my Satrapy. I must say that the discussion have been most fruitful.

However firstly I would like to address the current scandals and the recent assasination attempts. These attempts violate the law of Mazda and are clearly the work of a person anathema to righteousness. I condemn them utterly and express my deepest sadness at the deaths of Vafa Noctus, and most especially Cirrus Chgrogers, who died suddenly near the end of the council session and was unfortunately unable to be revived. I have ordered an investigation into his death to determine whether it was indeed an assasination, which I personally considering current events think it is. I would also suggest the King investigates Christos, and any roman activity in Persia, Tambien may be under investigation due to previous indicators of suspicious activity, but he is innocent until proven guilty and regardless of ones personal opinion of the man, every lead, including his words to me previously regarding Christos planning assasinations with roman aid must be investigated. If his words ring true then also that would surely aid his cause.

Now onto other issues. In regards to the issue of babylonian kingship. It is beyond my authority to determine the precise manner in which this issue is to be addressed, although I must say I think that His Majesty, having never undertaken the ritual itself should not be idly passed over in favour of Filli Noctus IV. I would strongly suggest that the two men discuss between them, and in consultation with the babylonian leaders a method of how to proceed with this delicate matter.

Onto the matter of High Priest. It appears Saro II Artaparsi-Sayeh has entered into a state of shock after his selection for High Priest. If he does not recover in time to accept his selection, or if he declines, then the Church may require a second conclave in order to replace him. Either way I would remind the faithful that this is not a break with the continuity of the Church, Saro II is a upmost member of the House Artaparsi-Sayeh, a cadet branch of House Artaparsi and is indeed my cousin.

Now onto some good news. I would like to announce the Abolition of Slavery in the satrapy of Artaparsa. I remind people however that indentured servitude of those with debt to society is still permissable so long as it is practiced according to persian law. I shall give the slaveholders of the Satrapy approximately one year to produce alternative arrangements as an exceedingly generous concession to the few who make use of the disgusting institution in my satrapy. I also strongly state that anyone found selling slaves in Artaparsa, or who enslaves another or own slaves shall be dealt strongly by the law. Indeed from this day forth ( with the exclusion of the one year delay on current slaveholders) anyone who posesses a slave in the Satrapy of Artaparsa is to be punished by indentured servitude to the satrapy, furthermore anyone who enslaves another is to be punished with death and anyone who sells slaves in Artaparsa is to be punished by life imprisonment.

This act shall bring the satrapy into conformity with the mandates of the mazdaean religion and the will of the both my family, and the greater whole of Artaparsan society on this matter. Furthermore I hope that this law will further increase the pious faith of Artaparsa and increase the sanctification of life in the city through ever closer conformity to the will of Ahura Mazda.

In addition to the abolition of slavery in Artaparsa I would also like to announce an agricultural initiative. Agricultural works for the food security of Artaparsa will be developed in short order. The precise plan will be revealed later upon further consideration by myself.

-

Satrap Jehangir Artaparsi

Public Speech

People of Noctusan, faithful disciples of Mazda, rejoice for a new High Priest has been chosen. The Conclave of the church has informed me that I, Saro Artaparsi Sayeh II, have been chosen to lead the people as new High Priest.

I have sent a dispatch rider to the Church in Artaparsa accepting this position. And I believe that this blessing is most needed now as Noctusan is in dire need of Spiritual fulfilment.

The needs of the people will be fulfilled.

Further, let this be a warning to the criminals playing their trade in our fair City, your days are numbered. I have hired security forces to patrol the city and protect the populace.

As soon as our Troops return from the Battlefields they will assist the Security forces in uprooting the vile underbelly of the city and a cleansing will be done

Workers from Sayehabad are on the way and constructions of the Iron mines will commence shortly, which will in turn create numerous work opportunities.

We are the front line, the spear point of the Empire, and together we will strive to be more than we can be, we will strive for perfection, and we will strive to become great.

Saro Artaparsi Sayeh II, Governor of Noctusan and High Priest of Mazda.

I have done nothing. You try to jail me because of my political thinking. I am political prisoner and have nothing to do with the assasins.

I am merely suggesting to the governor of Noctusan and the King (you are currently in Noctusan if I recall correctly) that every lead must be investigated. Since Tambien informed me via a dialogue (which was IC) that you were planning assasinations with roman aid, due caution and investigative protocol requires that these allegations are looked into. Especially in light of contemporaneous events.

Honestly you have no need to be alarmed. If you are innocent then investigations should reveal nothing and in that case you will be released. Until then I am sure the governor of Noctusan (or the King) will apply correct judicial protocol in regards to your confinement while an investigation (I sure hope one occurs) is ongoing.

I am 100% sure that you will tell lies in order to jail me and prevent the people to fight for their freedom.

Fortunately since I am not the one to be investigating the case, and since the dialogue with Tambien is all that I know in regards to the possibility of your involvement, that 100% certainty of yourse is suddenly proven to be false.

Of course your fallacious attacks on me, could perhaps show some sort of compensatory measure due to actual involvement. But as I said before, proper procedure will be followed in an investigation to determine whether you were, as Tambien said, involved (if you are involved it would certainly help Tambiens case incidentally) or if you are entirely innocent.

---

On Ecclesiastical Matters.

-

His Holiness Saro II Artaparsi-Sayeh, High Priest of Mazda will be required to appoint an Atharvan, and new hierarchs for the Satrapies of Artaparsa and Sayehabad in short order. His Holiness vacated the position of Atharvan with his ascension, Artaparsa lacks ecclesiastical authority with the current High Priest holding court elsewhere, and the Hierarch of Sayehabad (Vafa Noctus) has died in what was quite likely an assasination attempt.

Church Appointments

With myself becoming High Priest, and leaving vacant my previous position of Atharvan, and the lack of an Artaparsa hierarch, i have decided to make the following appointment.

I hereby appoint as new Hierarch of Artaparsa and also to the position of Atharvan, Jehangir.

May he lead the people faithfully in the name of Mazda.

Saro Artaparsi Sayeh II, High Priest of Mazda.

I express my humble gratitude to His Holiness for his gracious appointment of myself, a humble servant of the Wise Lord to a position of governance over the Church in Artaparsa (hierarch), and over the pastoral affairs of the Church more generally (atharvan).

I have done nothing. You try to jail me because of my political thinking. I am political prisoner and have nothing to do with the assasins.

As Governor of Noctusan, i hereby request that you make yourself available for questioning and to not leave the City bounds of Noctusan until investigations are completed.

As a respectable citizen i am sure that you will concur with this and do everything in your power to comply.

Saro Artaparsi-Sayeh II
Governor of Noctusan

Okey. I will let you questioning me.

The cowardly attempt on my life that was foiled by my bodyguards proves that subversive elements are working against the government of Persia and lends credence to the idea that the recent spate of deaths of those holding to the conservative faction were not natural deaths at all.
Know this, traitors, as the coup against my father failed so shall your attempt at subversion. The light of Ahura Mazda shall reveal the truth of the corruption that lies within you and you shall be sent to meet your true master, Angra Mainyu.
My cousins will have justice.

Church Appointments

With the death of Vafa Noctus, Sayehabad is without a hierarch.

I hereby appoint as new Hierarch of Sayehabad, Hesam.

May he lead the people faithfully in the name of Mazda.

Saro Artaparsi Sayeh II, High Priest of Mazda.

When the questioning is going to begin? I have and other works to do and i may leave the city. So i hope it wont take long time for the questioning to begin.

Until the investigation is complete leaving Noctusan would be forbidden and taken as contempt of the law and a sign of guilt. (considering you agreed to the questioning thus agreeing to staying put)

Presumably questioning will proceed at the discretion of the governor and the appropriate judicial authorities, most likely one would presume after a certain amount of time is invested in investigating the claims by Tambien against you.

When the questioning is going to begin? I have and other works to do and i may leave the city. So i hope it wont take long time for the questioning to begin.

The King has not yet appointed his investigators, and if you leave the city it would look suspicious and shine a light on your possible guilt.

I would suggest you hold of on your other matters and wait on the King as is our duty.

Saro Artaparsi-Sayeh II
Governor of Noctusan

But i have works to do. If the Questioning will take more than 2 hours i will have to leave the city. I want to go to Artaparsa.

Honourable governor.

Considering this statement of Christos may I suggest placing him under constant observation and house arrest. It is clear from his obvious attempt to avoid questioning that he cannot be trusted to co-operate with judicial procedure. If you do not do this then I will be forces to place a warrant of arrest on Christos to be effective immediately upon his arrival to my satrapy.

That is idiotic. I have some work to do in Artaparsa. I dont try to escape from the Questioning.

Au contrair, that is precisely what you would be doing by leaving Noctusan and travelling to Artaparsa, thus making proper investigative and questioning procedure quite impossible.

Top Bottom