Governments and Politics

ELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT:

-

A majority has been reached in regards to the election of a Prime Minister.

The Prime Minister of the Empire of Persia is from this day forth the Hierarch Swimciv Rudaki. May he serve the King of Kings according to the precepts of Mazda, and may Persia prosper from co-operation between King and minister.

Conclusion Update

The heralds of Persia announce the news to the crowds.

“People of Persia, the election for the Minister of the People has produced results. Cyaxares Hadaxaya has won the election by a small margin of votes. As for the Prime Minister, the lords elected Swimviv Rudaki, to the agreement of many pious people. The position of Minister of Domestic Affairs is no available.

The ex-king of Helsinki, Anselmi Ari and the Finnish Aristocracy has public sworn an oath of loyalty to Persia and king Mohsen. Many aristocrats, however, refused to take the oath, and were stripped of all titles, land, and wealth. Many fled the city. Now governor Anselmi Ari of Helsinki has branded these fleeing men as official rebels and outlaws, and a bounty has been put on their head.

Anselmi Ari also publicly apologized to Quebec for the assassinations. Quebec accepted the apology.
Helsinki's population was angered by Anselmi's actions, and it is advised to stay away from Helsinki until further notice.

The High Priest has recovered, and his public speech caused a great fire to burn, not only in the fires burning the logic manifesto, but a rage in the most faithful of Persia. Babyloparsa and Artaparsa saw columns of smoke of burning books, anyone seen with a copy were attacked. In Persepolis, a great mob shouting 'kill the heretics' attacked the house of Doteiti, only to find it was abandoned and empty. The house burned to the ground, however. Many connect the threat of the coup with the attempt on the High Priest's life, and many blamed the logicians. In Artaparsa, a similar mob tried attacking the house of Tambien, but the Archer division was able to hold them off.

The following were the orders submitted by Persia's king and Satraps:

Satrap Ardeshi II Artaparsi:

transfer citizen from 9B to 13B)
(the new citizen when born is to go to the dyes, the transferred citizen is to remain on the fish)
I order the return of the Artaparsa Guard
(upon their return they are to scour rural Artaparsa of bandits)

King Mohsen:

Move citizen in Noctusan from 2D to 31D.

The second Finnish workers are ordered to head to Sayehabad and begin constructing mines on 3C, 5C and 6C. I request that the satrap of Artaparsa dispatches one of the workers toiling in his territory to assist. I am also cancelling the training of a worker in Noctusan as we now have sufficient workers for the time being.
I would also like to hear people's thoughts on prioritising the research of the compass. My scientific advisors have assured me that doing so will increase the profits made by our fishing boats and significantly boost our treasury

The following treaties were signed:

Defensive Pact between Siam and Persia.

In return for military aid against the barbarians Persia asks that Siam commits to a straight silver for dyes trade and gives Persia a token sum of 50g as compensation for the extended absence of our soldiers far distant from Persia and from interests closer to home and in consideration of the nature of the operation. In addition if Siam wishes for this aid may I point out that an open borders agreement would be necessary, the city of Phitsanulok and siamese land prevents all access to the north by the southern empires save by your leave. Do you find this agreement acceptable?

Deaths:
none

Session 15 is now over.

NOTE: what was the final decision on the construction in Babyloparsa?

Wont be able to update until January 8, so see you then. Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

How old am i in game?

Public Speech
It is regrettable the the High Priest does not see merit in the Manifesto, and that it has been met with such hostility. Though I personally agreed with it's message the church does not. I have to withdraw my support, though I still encourage my peers to use logic in their decisions and research, but not to the extent of heresy. Do not misinterpret my intentions as anything but pious. I hope the Church approves of the recent work created by me and Jehoshua; it was modeled after the teachings of the church, and is part of the cutting edge of the recent Theological research conducted at the University of Persia.

Could have sworn I gave a build order for Babyloparsa, can't find it though. Although I do recall ordering all cities to build markets if not already in the build queue. So do that.

Public Speech
People of Persia, It is my pleasure to announce that I have been elected by the lords of Persia as the new Prime Minister. This is a great responsibility that I do not take lightly. Today we face a Persia of many challenges, a Persia of division. I stand before you asking that we now create a Persia of unity. I plan to work with the king to solve our empire's various problems.

Our righteous high priest has decreed that the Manifesto of Logic is heresy. The burning of the work as has occured all over the empire is now church policy and is encouraged, but there are those who have withdrawn their support from the document. We must welcome their decision and not hold their former misguidance against them. Persia is in need of political unity. Let us all unite in love of Mazda and Persia.

I would like to encourage the faithful to restrain the uge to fanaticism. Although the burning of heretical works is encouraged in the image of the high priests own example, the attempted attacks on the individuals in question is not. It is not for vigilantes, however righteous their cause, to execute such individuals for their crimes against the faith. It is up to the legitimate judicial authority of the courts, and of the King of Kings to determine their fate. Furthermore we should treat those who have repented their heresy with mercy, and as Hierarch and Prime Minister Swimciv says, not hold their former errors against them and instead unite in love of Mazda for the continued sanctification of Persia.

That said I would like to implore the King of Kings or the minister of Law to initiate legal action against unrepentant heretics. Heresy is a crime, and should be punished as any other crime.

Welcome to GaP! It's a fun game, but it wont really start back up until after break when civleader (GM) gets back.

Indeed, Merry Christmas!

now don't forget to refrain from undue materialism :p

:p , I almost reached the point where I thought I had finally got beyond the materialistic temptation of christmas, indeed I replied when asked by people what I wanted that they shoulg give me money, purely because I couldn't think of anything else (and because I am saving for a study tenure overseas for 6 months in 2013 so it at least would have a purpose)

But alas yesterday I had the thought that I would really like it if someone gave me the game of thrones books for christmas. Too late to ask for it now but the materialistic thought remains :p.

Great choice, best fantasy saga ever. ;)

yeah, I will probably end up buying them in a year or two if it doesn't turn out that I get them via christmas gifts (saving money for greater ends) :p

Top Bottom