Barbarians: Sedentary
Rivals: All 30
AI Aggression: Normal
Victory Condition: Standard
Culturally linked starts: OFF
Respawn: Off
Preserve Random Seed: On
Cultural Conversion: On

All previous AWM games have been fairly easy. I am really curious how this one will pan out and how difficulut it will be. It may get fairly crazy.

[Edit: Clarified this section]
I am not going to put any special restricitions on this one (e.g. Armies or Pillaging). Don't use the obvious exploits. The standard AW rules do apply about declaring war and no per turn deals.

5 or 10 turns per round - 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete for the early turs, total 96 to complete when the game slows down.

Roster:
Greebley
ThERat
LKendter
Matt_g
markh
Sir Bugsey

BTW, I am not that skilled with the map editor. I think I know how to do it, but if someone more skilled than I wants to start us off it might be better if someone wants to volunteer.

I would like to play the first start we get unless it is truely abysmal.

We also need to decide what civ to play.

wow! lets say i can win on monarch, but not everytime. would i be welcome to join this AWM? it would really help me learn.

I want to join, but I'm not confident about how my computer will cope later in the game, it could make for very long turns. I might have to stick to lurking.

I would like to join. Normal AWMs are no big problem for me. Currently playing SGOTM 7 AWD Ottomans and in single games I am stepping up to Demigod now.

Ok, I have to post again, edit button won't work. I would love to join if you'll accept a 3 week delayed sign-up :D . If you accept me, I won't be able to play until 3 weeks later. I'm in SGOTM 7 Team Own, I've won a couple AWM's, and could've won some AWE (if I had kept playing).

About civ, I think Greece is the way to go. We need a beast defender early on, and we won't have to face Greece. We should take starts until we're near or on a hill.

Own said:
About civ, I think Greece is the way to go. We need a beast defender early on, and we won't have to face Greece. We should take starts until we're near or on a hill.

IMO Greece has to high of a risk of a 2 cities, despotic GA. I would prefer a different civ.

lurker's comment: I think COM would be of great help on a giant map, since you'll have the possibility of a very vast productive empire. So Rome, Iro, Indy and Korea would come to my mind (not Greece ;)). I'm verily way under the roster level though, gotta pass this one.

checking in...well, with such a big map, the Iros would be perfect: fast and really good AA UU.

Checking in. I am pretty good with the editor Greebley. :)

I can make a custom .biq and then fire a start from civ-content so the map is random. If you want me to do this, let me know if there is anything else you want modded.
Perhaps naval unit movements bumped up by 1, or maybe adjust the Tech rate and OCN. We could use Lee's world map as a guideline.
Just thinking out loud here...

As for Civ, I agree with Lee. I don't like Greece for the reasons stated.
Believe it or not I have never played a game as the Iro's or Rome. :rolleyes:
I kinda like the sound of one of those two.
Don't know which one of those 2 I prefer though. I love Mil trait, but Agri would be really nice as well...

What do the rest of you think? Should we bump up ship movment slightly?

Matt, making a start for us would be good. I assume you know how to make the tech rate right for huge maps? I sort of know you need to start a huge game first or something.

We can go with the Iroquois. They are a good choice; my only personal reason to not play would be that I have played them 2 or 3 times before.

Greebley said:
Matt, making a start for us would be good. I assume you know how to make the tech rate right for huge maps? I sort of know you need to start a huge game first or something.

Well my world map can give some good clues. If there are questions, I can give details about the .biq file.

Lee,

I know that in your WM biq file you have 19 civs (18 AI and the human)
I think right now your are using a tech rate of 550 for version 3B.
I'm going from memory here, I'm at work and dont' have access to the game.

How is that working out? Reading the LK101 thread it seems to be good.
My question is, how do you think 11 more AI civs will affect it?
Should we go up to say 600 or 650, down (don't think so), or use the 550 setting?

Another question I have for you and Greebley:

How does the naval movement settings seem to be working out? Again, reading the thread they seem to be well suited for that size map. (256X204 right?)

Personally I think Lee's naval movement settings would be good for a 250X250 map. If anything, we may find ourselves wishing they were one higher, but I would rather go low than high. High is to overpowering IMHO.

Another point, IIRC Lee has galleys set to the standard 3 move points. Would we want to raise this to 4? I'm thinking probably not.
I also think we should leave curraghs alone as Lee has done in his biq.

Last point. OCN on Lee's biq is set to 28. Is this what we want to use or do we want it a little higher?
Since Lee and Greebley are playing LK101, I'm interested in hearing what you guys have to say on this, since you guys will have a better feel than most of us. :)

You are correct in the tech rate being 550 at this time. With the map size problems for custom worlds, you will want this and the OCN for ALL world sizes.

I think you will want the expanding movement settings. IIRC I didn't touch the AA ships, added 1 for MA ships, and added 2 for the IA ships.

With adding a lot more civs you will want the tech rate to go up. Part of the reason the tech pace was out of control in the early WM games was the number of civs trading with each other.

OK, here is what I am thinking of doing. Everyone give me your opinions on this.

1. Raise the tech rate to 750 to offset the effect of 11 additional AI civs over and above Lee's WM.

2. Use Lee's settings for naval units. Leave the AA ships alone. Raise movement for MA ships by one. Raise movement for IA and Modern Age ships by two.

3. Not sure on the OCN. Leave it at 28? We would have to have 14 cities to build the FP. I'm inclined to raise it a little, but since you have to have half the OCN to build the FP, I'm a little leary of this. We don't want to cripple the AI.

4. I will make the biq and post it here as a zipped attachment. I will get this done when we are all in agreement on the settings. Then Greebley can have the honors of generating the map and starting our journey to victory. :lol:

Thanks for the reminder on the world size bug Lee. I will be sure and deal with that.

Top Bottom