Barbarians: Sedentary
Rivals: All 30
AI Aggression: Normal
Victory Condition: Standard
Culturally linked starts: OFF
Respawn: Off
Preserve Random Seed: On
Cultural Conversion: On

All previous AWM games have been fairly easy. I am really curious how this one will pan out and how difficulut it will be. It may get fairly crazy.

[Edit: Clarified this section]
There will be NO trading - declare war instantly and always stay at war. Other than that there are no other restrictions. One can look at AI tech's, etc.

5 or 10 turns per round - 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete for the early turs, total 96 to complete when the game slows down.

Roster:
Greebley
ThERat
Northern Pike
Beorn-eL-Feared
markh
Open if anyone else wants to play.

I'll have to skip this one, just don't have time to play with 2 sgotms that have just started especially on such a big map. That start looks tough. Good luck.

lurker's comment: Are you sure you dont want to try rolling another start? That one looks horrible.:p :vomit:

In any cases, good luck everyone!:cool:

checking in, I would move the worker one tile west to see whether there is a river somewhere. Else, this start is horrid...

If you take little boys in your roster, I'd be up for playing with you big ones. I'd take a wild guess with the worker and send him north, so that on turn 2 we have a mountain to look down from if need be. Or if no other start is rolled.

Beorn-eL-Feared said:
send him north, so that on turn 2 we have a mountain to look down from if need be.

That sounds right to me. But frankly I think that pangaea AW versus every possible enemy is challenging enough [!] that we're entitled to a decent start.

No river, that will slow down expanson. I was wonder how much expansion can be done, without spreading too thin? On a land mass of this size, you probably will still have a large area to use, before contacts.

I was a small part of the first AWM 30, so if it is ok for you sign me up.

Greebley, play out 10-20 turns and restart if it's too horrible. We need a decent food bonus to be able to compete here

That start was completely dry. I agree playing vs 30 civs when you can't get your cities over size 2 or 3 is not going to go far.

I started another one. An unusual civ not normally played in AW. The start looked good enough to try though it was not extravagent.

We met America and declared immediate war. We have survived 3 Warriors attacking us and our two Warriors are Vets now. Two more are on the way and we are building Barracks. Note that it takes a long time to get a tech - I am at max science to try to get it in less than 50 but I am unsure if it will actually work.

We moved 2 off the BG that has a mine to get the fish.

Here is a picture. America is to the south. It might be nice to hit them quick before we meet anyone else if things work out right.

Note that one thing learned from the last game is that it may take some time to meet everyone. This gives us the chance we need (that and the fact it isn't AWE).

Roster:
Greebley - Just Played
ThERat - Up
Northern Pike - On Deck
Beorn-eL-Feared
markh

edit: played 15 turns

save

played 15 turns since hardly anything happened

by using the fish, dropped research
defeated 3 warriors on defense, finished the rax and 3rd warrior that was sent out to check things out
started a settler that is done next turn
we can settle in the north near the 2 fish or head south. WC is done in 4, then maybe BW
we should try and delay our UU since we do not want an early GA
There is much forest and jungle and we need more workers for sure

It may take a bit of doing to get to a horse. I'm not sure the two-fish town will be much use early on. It may be best to head south.

I would suggest to settle west of the deer. We can walk past that warrior, it will not bother us. Only when they are in pairs, will they attack.
The capital can then produce warriors/archers. I would suggest to start chopping a granary as well. With the slow growth we have, it will help a lot.

Alternatively, we could swap the settler to a granary and then a settler.

I've got it. I haven't looked at the save yet, but I lean towards switching to a granary before the settler completes.

Top Bottom