Gr8 Team B The Pheonix Rising

Got it. Should I play now or wait till roster is full?

Carthage so near is bad, really bad. I hope this orange isn't Dutch.

Preturn

Move jag from Teot... to Tlatel...
Own, why aztecs, why? Just look at their city names :)

1725 BC (1)

Tenochtitlan settler-->spear
Move settler/spear east

IT

Carthge warrior moves into our territory.

1700 BC (2)

Set sci at 90% running deficit -1, get alpha in 13 turns instead of 15.
Archer dies on evil carthage warrior, have to move workers out of there.

IT

Carthage monster kills one of two jags in the Tlaltelolco.
I have bad feelings about it.

1675 BC (3)

Teotihuacan jag-->archer
Riverdale built -->walls
Kill carthage killer --> GA

1650 BC (4)

Tlatelolco rax-->spear
3 carth warriors pop out of fog

1625 BC (5)

Once again have to disturb worker
Greek warrior and archer approach from the north
(actually seing things advance I can already say we'll lose it, we have 3 jags and 2 spears overall
and we already at war with 3 civs 2 of wich are very powerfull)

IT

Three carth warriors attack 2 our jags in Tlaltelolco, 2 of them die promoting our jag to elite,
third redlines killing our vet jag
Greek pair is threatening Tlatelolco now too
Greece start Pyramids

1600 BC (6)

Tenochtitlan spear-->spear.
Tenotichuacan archer-->archer
Kill redlined carth warrior
Lux 10%

IT

Greeks attack Tlaltelolco across the river, warrior dies archer kills our vet spear :mad:

1575 BC (7)

Riverdale walls-->rax
lux-->30%

IT

Carth warrior kills vet jag in Tlaltelolco
Greek archer redlines our elite jag but dies - miracle saved Tlaltelolco

1550 BC (8)

Tlaltelolco spear-->walls

IT

Greek warrior impales himself on the spear in Tlaltelolco, another pillages road.

1525 BC (9)

Teotihuacan archer-->archer
Shuffle troops

1500 BC (10)

Tenochtitlan spear-->spear
Tlaltelolco walls-->spear
Elite jag kills carth warrior

SAVE

Edit: I just checked team A thread and currently we are in a little bit better shape, but in a long run their position is better they have room to expand, if they manage to hold AI till 10 AD of course.

Oh boy....this looks like a real treat. If we hang on to 10 AD, I don't think we'll have any problem finding a hole to climb out of :lol:

Got it.

Preturn- We have lots of friends in our land, but not much can be done about that. No swords yet, at least.

IT- One Carthage warrior suicides across the river at Tenoch. A few more advance onto mountain, Tenoch's borders expand.

T1 1475

No offensive action can be taken safely. I manage to turn down science a bit.

IT- Three Carthage warriors suicide at Tenoch, taking spear to 2/5, gaining a promotion. Two Greek warriors and two archers die at Tlatel, pushing the spear to elite. A Numidian Merc appears :(

T2 1450

Send new archer from Teotihuacan towards the front. I manage to pick off one Carthage warrior with an archer.

IT- One warrior is killed. We learn Alphabet, and I'm faced with the choice of going for cats or swords. I choose Iron Working due to the cheaper price, and also so we can see the iron as soon as possible to see what we need to do to get some. Its due in 16 at 60%.

T3 1425

Not much to do. We could use another city soon if this lull continues.

IT- Hitties complete Oracle. Byz complete Lighthouse. One warrior is killed.

T4 1400

Not much again. Good times.

IT- A warrior suicides.

T5 1375

Boring turn again.

IT- Korea completes Pyramids.

T6 1350

Nada.

IT- Iroquois complete MoM.

T7 1325

Still fairly quiet, no contact with the Oragnge people yet either.

IT- another NM appears to the west, nothing else.

T8 1300

Nothing new.

IT- Yuck. Several new NM appear to the west, and Carthage starts Zeus.

T9 1275

Greeks are starting to head towards Tenoch now as well. We have a settler fresh out of Teo, no idea where we should send him.

IT- Oh yay...Hoplites :vomit:

T10 1250

I manage to frag one Greek archer with an archer, and another with our elite Jag. I have moved a couple archers out of Tlat as a ploy to try and redirect the Greek offensive there....all wee need is two civs focusing on Tenoch...one bad round of luck and we're done if thats the case.

Summary

We are starting to overrun the unit limit. We could really benefit from another city, but as to where is anyones guess. I put the settler in Tenoch for the time being. 3 SE of Teotihuacan seems like a nice spot, I'm just worries about contacting the Orange beast. AW from 3 directions could be tricky to navigate. There also appears to be space 3 NW of Tlat, but who knows whats under the fog. All in all, we're holding together fairly well.

And a visual representation of our current situation....

Attachments

• GR8B-1250.JPG
    GR8B-1250.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 181
Congrats on surviving, Kaiser. Good turns.

Anybody ready to join the fun? Numidians!! Fresh and tasty. Yumm...

Yeah, Tenoch has an overload of units. We only probably need two spears and an archer per town. The excess can be sent out to guard new settlements.

True, I suppose we are. You'll have to forgive me, AW isn't exactly my forte....I specialize more in the fast SS type of games, so I suppose when I actually am in the war scenario I may go a bit too heavy.

Yeah, I have experience playing team of only 3. After things are pretty much developed it's OK, but in the beginning of the game we'll have to play every second day. A bit tight.

I'll join you, if you'll have me.

I figured. :D

I'll look at the save tonight; won't be able to play until tomorrow, I don't think. Suggestions, warnings, pre-emptive scoldings are all good.

Top Bottom