[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

I'm glad to announce you that I've uploaded my Italian Civilization for Varietas Delectat to version v.3.0b.
Follow the link in post #1 of this thread or the link of my signature.

Congratulations. Can't wait to see what you've put together.

was loving this mod, untill it stopped working. i tried to install all of the civs and leaderhead mods, and idk which one it was, but one of them broke it.

Is there like somewhere where I can get this without the installer? My computer is giving me all sorts of pain with it. Like it keeps wanting to force me to uninstall the previous version of VD before I can install this one. It won't let me have multiple copies of it and I can't find where my old copy is since its not in my mods folder. (I have a lot of on the side modding jobs going and keep my files scattered around my PC so I must have moved it somewhere.)

This whole automatic installation thing is making me want to rip my hairs out. No I don't want to install the mod! I want to install it!
Why won't it let me install it!

*sigh* Why can't people publish their mods in zip files any more like in the good old days?

Never Mind, just saw the .fpks.....

ok, so I have VD installed and all seems to be great in-game......however, I'm looking to pick and choose units and re-use in my mod and I can't seem to find the actual unit art files. The assets/art/units seems to only contain the regular BTS stuff, while the module only contains XML. When I examine the XML files, they point to paths that don't exist.

Please help.......

ok, so I have VD installed and all seems to be great in-game......however, I'm looking to pick and choose units and re-use in my mod and I can't seem to find the actual unit art files. The assets/art/units seems to only contain the regular BTS stuff, while the module only contains XML. When I examine the XML files, they point to paths that don't exist.

Please help.......

VD unit art files are packed; in the Varietas Delectat/Assets folder you can find this file:
<Varietas Delectat v.9.2.FPK>

Just unpack it with pakbuild.exe
(you can find it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2384)
and in the destination folder (you choosed) you will find all the VD unit art files.

Sorry if this is an obvious question (I've been away - forgive me), but what's the status on this mod and others like it? Is this still being updated and supported by the community in avain's absence, or is simply that it's quasi-complete and no further work needs doing? Or neither?

Sorry if this is an obvious question (I've been away - forgive me), but what's the status on this mod and others like it? Is this still being updated and supported by the community in avain's absence, or is simply that it's quasi-complete and no further work needs doing? Or neither?

Here's the real question - How would you like to collaborate on a NEW AWESOME MOD by contributing LHs and /or units? [pimp]

Well, haven't heard about anyone would have taken over avains work. No clue about avains plans. Don't think he will return, but that he considers this finished. Well, if I get my Paprika modcomp done properly, there would be some potential more as building artstyles could be made modular then. VD could then support this more then it does now. I'm pretty sure that avain uses art from my Hungary mod, but doubt that he does similar things with other modules as this would be hard to merge. So, there would be reason to update this once my Paprika modcomp is done.

Well, haven't heard about anyone would have taken over avains work. No clue about avains plans. Don't think he will return, but that he considers this finished. Well, if I get my Paprika modcomp done properly, there would be some potential more as building artstyles could be made modular then. VD could then support this more then it does now. I'm pretty sure that avain uses art from my Hungary mod, but doubt that he does similar things with other modules as this would be hard to merge. So, there would be reason to update this once my Paprika modcomp is done.

The mod I am working on right now (Diplomacy II, link is in my signature) is basically the same thing as this, except there are more leaders, a few more civs (including way more modular add-on civs than VD ever had), and a few added features here and there but not enough to make the game that much different from vanilla BtS, not to mention I personally think the art is ten times better than VDs was. So I suggest you check it out, although I am quite sure you already have. I know it is taking so long for me to finish, but my job is demanding and I am a perfectionist, so it just takes a while.

I do need help after this next playtest as far as editing text and music goes, so a lot of streamlining, but other than that the mod itself should be finished in around a month or so.

Capo, have you ever used the Art Repo? It's horribly outdated now, but I'm planning to add all the latest (9.2) units from here, and as many of the more recent ones. I don't see why BAT and Diplo II would have to compete, seeing as they do offer different things, so it'd be a shame to miss out on those.

Totally missed your post, sorry...
The mod I am working on right now (Diplomacy II, link is in my signature) is basically the same thing as this, except there are more leaders, a few more civs (including way more modular add-on civs than VD ever had), and a few added features here and there but not enough to make the game that much different from vanilla BtS, not to mention I personally think the art is ten times better than VDs was. So I suggest you check it out, although I am quite sure you already have. I know it is taking so long for me to finish, but my job is demanding and I am a perfectionist, so it just takes a while.
Well, I haven't chekced it out yet, but I definately will. Meanwhile, there is a first version of my Paprika modcomp, although the next should give more freedom for the eras and thus will result in some changes to the xml - so it's definately worth waiting, but to get a feeling, feel free to take a look: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=423881

i cant get this mod to work and there are no installation instructions. I have BTS 3.19 and i ran the mods installation and that worked fine. But when i load the mod up only a few of the units are available. How do i fix it so i get all the variety units i saw in the screenshots?

Well, I'm optimistic that the mod is working properly for you. The units aren't necessarily new units, but new unit art. So the civilopedia won't grow that much. Also, you can't see all the art through the civilopedia, at least not from the main menu on. You'd need to start a game as one of the civs to see the units. Also, some units may show up from certain eras on only. Try to start world builder add a unit, then choose some techs and check whether the look of the units change.
Can't imagine that a bug could cause only some units to show up while preventing others. It either works or it doesn't at all, I'd say.

I didn't know I was competing with BAT. In fact, I don't even know what that is. :blush:
Tsk, tsk. Shame on you. :p

The link to BAT is in my sig. I don't think we compete. :)

Well, I'm optimistic that the mod is working properly for you. The units aren't necessarily new units, but new unit art. So the civilopedia won't grow that much. Also, you can't see all the art through the civilopedia, at least not from the main menu on. You'd need to start a game as one of the civs to see the units. Also, some units may show up from certain eras on only. Try to start world builder add a unit, then choose some techs and check whether the look of the units change.
Can't imagine that a bug could cause only some units to show up while preventing others. It either works or it doesn't at all, I'd say.

I dont think its a bug i just think i missed a step in installing it or something. Cus i started a game as the ottomans in the renaisance then went to world builder and none of the new ottoman units i saw on the first page are available. But theres some new modern units that i know arent from vanilla CIV4 so im wondering whats going on.

I dont think its a bug i just think i missed a step in installing it or something. Cus i started a game as the ottomans in the renaisance then went to world builder and none of the new ottoman units i saw on the first page are available. But theres some new modern units that i know arent from vanilla CIV4 so im wondering whats going on.
I still think you got VDs point wrong. It's not focused on new units, but new unit art. This ways, there will be few new units in the list you mentioned. The difference is, that the available units will have a different look. Different from what they look before and different between civilizations. The buttons are probably not affected by this, so they won't look different compared to vanilla civ4 BtS or between civilizations. To see the changes place a couple of units on the map, then choose a different civilization (Barbars or an AI controlled civ - no need to start a new game though) and place the same units on the map. The two civs unit should look different now. Of course, there were some differences with vanilla BtS, too, so choose two european civs for example. Also, you could look up the civilpedias unit section from the main menu just right after you started the game - look at the 3d model, not just the buttons and names. Try to memorize a few. Now start a game, then take another look at the civilopedia. The units should look different as the civilopedia shows the unit of the civ you are playing with.

i cant get this mod to work and there are no installation instructions. I have BTS 3.19 and i ran the mods installation and that worked fine. But when i load the mod up only a few of the units are available. How do i fix it so i get all the variety units i saw in the screenshots?

SUCCESS! I reinstalled BTS and VD and now the mod works fine. got all those yummy new ottoman unit graphics and all is well with the world now.:D

I didn't know I was competing with BAT. In fact, I don't even know what that is. :blush:
BAT is essentially this mod, BUG, and a few other graphical UG enhancements, but if you're pitching Diplomacy as something similar, then... :mischief:

And same with the Art Repo, had no idea what it was.
It was something mamba and I set up a long while ago that he updated with all the flavour units from here. If you'd be willing to update/add any units in Diplomacy that aren't available already, it could become a fantastic resource for modding. :goodjob:

Top Bottom