1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Greener Terrain request

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by sylkachan, Mar 10, 2021.

1. sylkachan

sylkachan Chieftain

I think I've heard of "greener" terrain for the terrain from the original game (that would replace the graphics for normal gameplay). There should be some sort of mod that makes the grasslands greener and the water bluer and the tundra whiter, somewhere.

I already have "Snoopy's Terrain", that is not what i'm asking for. I thought i've seen someone using some sort of greener terrain mod.

BTW, I would also like to ask if you could change the rules of the original game scenario, just so that I can play with "City View" and "Palaces" while also having custom graphics ands scenario rules.

Knightfall likes this.
  2. Jorsalfare

Jorsalfare Prince

Knightfall likes this.
  3. Ares de Borg

Ares de Borg Norman Knight

ares01.jpg
    Have a look at my mod, maybe it's what you want.

ares05.jpg

Knightfall likes this.
  4. sylkachan

sylkachan Chieftain

^^ interesting - why was the download deleted? Why didn't the download have the terrain your screenshot is showing?

Actually, I was only looking for recolored terrain for the "vanilla" terrain. It looks greener on my phone than on my PC.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    Knightfall likes this.
  5. Ares de Borg

Ares de Borg Norman Knight

6. sylkachan

sylkachan Chieftain

It looks great! The plains and grasslands look much better than in other mods whom don't replace the actual normal land textures besides recoloring them. I honestly think the ocean textures are too dark, but I could lighten them. Maybe the deserts could be better though, since the grasslands and plains are perfect.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Knightfall likes this.
  7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn. Supporter

I'm alarmed that Snoopy's terrain packs have somehow "fallen" out of the db - I'll re-up them (unless someone else does first ... :mischief: ) whenever I catch my breath - In the meantime, here's a snapshot of his "Greener" Terain, w/zip attached -

Attached Files:

Knightfall likes this.
  8. timerover51

timerover51 Deity