Guess the Map 12: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Hate Mercator

Status
Not open for further replies.
some indicator coming from/alligned with social-democrat values like for example workers protection ?
Yeah, could be closest 1st post ever. [EDIT] Though that would describe many important measurements of life so perhaps not.
Scale? Peach, yellow, gold, red, black?
Yes. Subjective ordinal categories in order of darkness.

Attachments

• carte_2020_en.png
    carte_2020_en.png
    1 MB · Views: 122
I felt I had seen maps about press freedom basically like that before, but unlike the J I didn't have an exact pinpoint

I don't think so - the press is basically entirely free here.
I'm not sure how reliable the data and judgement is, honestly

anyway, new map

wonky projection

anyway it might end up being quite hard, but given how little life this thread usually sees nowadays, I don't plan on being too liberal with the hints

The square in the south pacific is a non-existent legend, rather than a special island?

So French Polynesia and French Guiana, eh?

I suppose this is a yes-no thing, with red being one and the rest being the other?

yes

also just to be clear I was wrong before it's just France

The map is tecnically surperflous, the list is:

America
Canada
Britain
France
Switzerland
Italy
Austria
Hungary
Poland
Norway
Sweden
Finland

The map is never superfluous!!!!!!!

That said, what throws me off is the two former Communist countries being grouped with the others.

Edit: Related to @Lohrenswald's map.
Membership of some scientific committee/organisation?

Last edited:
I don't think so - the press is basically entirely free here. (and often bought by the main parties in indirect way but with blatant effect).

Worker's protection-related would be a good basis.

Having viewed the map, I have to agree with Kyriachos. It is difficult to see why the UK scores as satisfactory while
Greece is problematic, bearing in mind the strenuous libel laws in the UK that absurdly protect the wealthy and corporates.

It seriously skews the political and social debates; in that the debate is about politicians rather than directing business interests.

This has to be a win. The annotated PDF is here, this is the screenshotted version:
This is hilarious. There's apparently greater freedom of the press on Ellesmere Island where hardly anyone lives than in the provinces and more southerly regions of the territories.

Is there no press in Antarctica, in the science stations?

These are not independent territories.

I felt I had seen maps about press freedom basically like that before, but unlike the J I didn't have an exact pinpoint

I'm not sure how reliable the data and judgement is, honestly

anyway, new map

wonky projection

anyway it might end up being quite hard, but given how little life this thread usually sees nowadays, I don't plan on being too liberal with the hints

Is it related to participation in a war?

These are not independent territories.
Ellesmere Island and the next island west of it aren't independent territories either. They're both part of Canada, so it's weird that there would be more press freedom there than in the rest of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom