Guess the Map 12: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Hate Mercator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellesmere Island and the next island west of it aren't independent territories either. They're both part of Canada, so it's weird that there would be more press freedom there than in the rest of the country.
there's been a million horsehockey maps over the years

come on give it a rest

life's too short

Economic or cultural?

there's been a million ****** maps over the years

come on give it a rest

life's too short
:rolleyes:

I'm not the one who posted the map. I am the one who is wondering why, since the map doesn't seem to divide up the countries into regions, one very sparsely-populated region of Canada is shown to be more free than the rest of the country. In case anyone's unclear where I'm talking about, it's the island west of Greenland, that's white rather than yellow. That's Ellesmere Island.

It doesn't make sense, and do forgive me for exercising my right to comment on this. Since this appears to be a game of sorts, posting an incorrect map means you (generic 'you') aren't giving the players all the information they need to solve the question being asked.

I wonder what is special about French Guiana.

Economic or cultural?
it is cultural yea

@ the map:
Something um... royal?
(yeah, the US doesn't make sense, but giving it a shot)
it is not

I wonder what is special about French Guiana.
It's France. Map tool was a bit dumb in that regard of colouring it but not other oversees departments

I'm not the one who posted the map. I am the one who is wondering why, since the map doesn't seem to divide up the countries into regions, one very sparsely-populated region of Canada is shown to be more free than the rest of the country. In case anyone's unclear where I'm talking about, it's the island west of Greenland, that's white rather than yellow. That's Ellesmere Island.

It doesn't make sense, and do forgive me for exercising my right to comment on this. Since this appears to be a game of sorts, posting an incorrect map means you (generic 'you') aren't giving the players all the information they need to solve the question being asked.
It's a piece of rubbish. These kind of things happen. Some graphic designer did a bad job.
try to not let these kinds of things get to you

I posted the map, but take less responsibility than for the others 'cos I just copied it for the web. It is possible that if you contact reporters without borders they would be happy, and would fix it.

Going to drop the first (and hopefully only) hint I thought about giving:

It can be argued that Czechia and Slovakia also should be coloured

If I read the hint correctly, it has something to do with something Czechia and Slovakia that they did while being together which narrows it down to about 80 years. And that leads me to something about Sports. I haven't come farther than that yet though.

If I read the hint correctly, it has something to do with something Czechia and Slovakia that they did while being together which narrows it down to about 80 years. And that leads me to something about Sports. I haven't come farther than that yet though.
wanted to be coy because you didn't frame it as a question but since activity is low I'll just go out and reveal that it is indeed about sports

So much of europe, but not germany rules out a lot. There is long list of World Championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom